FLL Beach Front Hotel

Jules59

Hi everyone. Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I need your help. In about a year from now, my husband and I will be going on a B to Back cruise out of FLL. We usually go down about 3 days early. The last few times we stayed at the Bahia Mar. We'd like to try something different this time. Any suggestions? We prefer something on the beach. Hopefully to see the ships come in and leave. But that isn't necessary. Do want a clean room. Thanks for your help.

Hyatt Pier 66 is located right next to the Port. You can walk to the bridge and see all the ships right from there. Lago Mar is also on the beach in a more private area and close to the area where the ships head to sea, so you could watch them leave from there. Both are very nice hotels, with Lago Mar being a tad bit more on the expensive side. You could also stay at the Renaissance or Embassy Suites as cheaper alternatives that are still within walking distance to the bridge to see all the ships.

Lago Mar is the closest beach hotel for seeing the ships. But harder to get to "outside" restaurants if you don't want to stay on property.

You could look at the oceanfront rooms at Sheraton. Or further north towards Beach Place like Westin, Marriott etc. Hyatt Pier 66 isn't a beach hotel.

Agree with eandj. The only hotel I mentioned that has beach access is Lago Mar. The other 3 are right by the bridge where you can see the ships come in and go out of, but there is no beach front access. The Sheraton Yankee Clipper just recently became the B-Ocean hotel, so you'd have to look for them under that name. Other then the Bahia Mar you'd be looking at the Westin, Atlantic, Hilton A1A, "W" Hotel, etc, but they are all going to be higher priced. Lago Mar is much more private and right by where the cruises come in and go out of to see, but not conveniently located for restaurants etc. You'd have to cab everywhere or rent a car to make it more financially reasonable if you stay there and want to get around alot.

I stayed at Lago Mar in 2012 and its a beautiful place with a large private beach. Saw the ships coming & going. We did rent a car though to get off property. Some rooms even have a little kitchenette if thats something your interested in. Restaurants on property too. I would definately recommend it. Its a beautiful place.

We've stayed at The W and Westin FFL Beach and both were nice and convenient to everything. The W was by far the best, very contemporary with nice amenities. We walked to Casablanca restaurant, which was wonderful. We've since been there 3 more times for dinner!