Booking error message on popular website

Beh789149

So, I booked an AQ class room yesterday on a popular discount cruise travel agency website. Got a great deal and a nice OBC. At any rate, when the reservation was transmitted to Celebrity, it shows as "on hold" instead of confirmed or booked. Our CC numbers are missing from the booking as well.

Today (24 hours after booking) I reached out to the TA customer service reps and they tell me our CC numbers are in the Celebrity system and that it's Celebrity's IT department's fault for showing it as "on hold" instead of confirmed or booked.

I really could care less who's at fault, I just want to make sure my booking is correct. Has anyone else run into this issue when booking through their TA? If the TA is correct and it's the Celebrity's fault, I can't imagine I'm the only one with this issue.

So, I booked an AQ class room yesterday on a popular discount cruise travel agency website. Got a great deal and a nice OBC. At any rate, when the reservation was transmitted to Celebrity, it shows as "on hold" instead of confirmed or booked. Our CC numbers are missing from the booking as well.

Today (24 hours after booking) I reached out to the TA customer service reps and they tell me our CC numbers are in the Celebrity system and that it's Celebrity's IT department's fault for showing it as "on hold" instead of confirmed or booked.

I really could care less who's at fault, I just want to make sure my booking is correct. Has anyone else run into this issue when booking through their TA? If the TA is correct and it's the Celebrity's fault, I can't imagine I'm the only one with this issue.

Since you booked it through a TA, it is unlikely that Celebrity would be willing to talk to you about it directly.

However, the TA should send you your guest copy of the Celebrity invoice showing the correct booking info, if you have not yet received it.

That should show that the correct cruise has been booked and deposited with Celebrity, and should have the correct reservation number and stateroom number on it.

We have run into a situation where the TA only sent us their own company's invoice, so we had to contact them again to remind them to send us Celebrity's invoice as well.

Both of my reservations say "On Hold - Expires in 24 Hours." It's been that way for weeks now.

We originally booked directly through Celebrity, then transferred to a TA. I mentioned this oddity on a previous thread, and another cruiser said she had the same message and called Celebrity about it. The answer? A "glitch" in their system.:rolleyes:

If this is the message you are getting, rest assured, you're not alone.

Same problem!!

We have been booked for three weeks now on Equinox in April 2015.

I booked an XC guarantee through my favorite online agency (19 cruises with them). No problem.

I have been periodically checking the Celebrity website (which clearly shows my BOOKED reservation, with deposit, and details) to see if we have a cabin assignment. Just today, we have a cabin assigned, and just today, the reservation states "On hold, expires in 24 hours".

I'll just wait and see, but this is REEEDICULOUS! ! :eek: :eek: :mad:

For the most recent reservation I made online with a "big box" agency, I saw that it was "on hold" with celebrity for a while. Not 24 hours though. It appears to be a normal state in the process but I can't say after how long it becomes abnormal.

You are all lucky that your bookings show up automatically on My Celebrity in any form, I have had to input the last 3 of my cruises manually.:confused:

They only come automatically for me when I book online.

The one where it went on hold was added manually... but it looked okay to begin with.

Julia, I'm curious about your favorite agency ... I've also booked direct, but am wondering if I might get better deals online.

Would love to answer, but Cruise Critic does not permit discussions of travel agents. :(

Agree with those above. I had a booking saying "on hold" for weeks, if not months. It actually went into that state mid booking i.e. weeks after it was booked it went back to that.

My booking has said "on 24 hour hold" for a couple of months now. I called Celebrity because I was concerned, and they said it was a glitch in their system, and my reservation was fine.

It's crazy that they can't correct their own "glitch".

OP, Do you ever check your credit card account online? If so, you'll see wheter Celebrity charged your deposit or your TA did. If it's not posted or not under pending charges, I would be concerned about the booking. If it shows from the TA I would be concerned. If it shows the charge from Celebrity, I wouldn't be concerned. That's just MHO. :)

Same problem!!

We have been booked for three weeks now on Equinox in April 2015.

I booked an XC guarantee through my favorite online agency (19 cruises with them). No problem.

I have been periodically checking the Celebrity website (which clearly shows my BOOKED reservation, with deposit, and details) to see if we have a cabin assignment. Just today, we have a cabin assigned, and just today, the reservation states "On hold, expires in 24 hours".

I'll just wait and see, but this is REEEDICULOUS! ! :eek: :eek: :mad:

I have always booked through a TA and have never been able to see anything financial on the website other than excursions or Specialty Dining that I've booked myself. I have never been able to see "deposit and details". I only see that when booked directly with Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Christine Frances

My booking has said "on 24 hour hold" for a couple of months now. I called Celebrity because I was concerned, and they said it was a glitch in their system, and my reservation was fine.

It's crazy that they can't correct their own "glitch".

It is crazy, and when this happened to me the first time, I was of course very concerned about it. I called Celebrity, and the phone rep with whom I spoke did something to change the status of what was showing on their web site from "on hold" to "booked."

I have always booked through a TA and have never been able to see anything financial on the website other than excursions or Specialty Dining that I've booked myself. I have never been able to see "deposit and details". I only see that when booked directly with Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Christine:

You are correct. I should have been more clear. My reservation showed on their website for weeks as BOOKED, and the details were shown on my confirmation.

OP, Do you ever check your credit card account online? If so, you'll see wheter Celebrity charged your deposit or your TA did. If it's not posted or not under pending charges, I would be concerned about the booking. If it shows from the TA I would be concerned. If it shows the charge from Celebrity, I wouldn't be concerned. That's just MHO. :)
Our credit card account only shows that the money was paid to Celebrity.

It does not show that the payment has been applied to the correct reservation number or the correct stateroom.

A simple error like that, which happened to a couple of our travel companions, is not detected by looking at the credit card account.

Even after the problems on the Celebrity website get resolved and the reservation is showing as booked instead of on hold,

if we are using a TA our online account still will not show how much has been paid so far on that reservation, the remaining balance due or Celebrity's actual due dates and penalty dates..

That is the reason to look at the Celebrity invoice.

We've also had this issue in the past. One explanation was that it was a group booking and will show in that status until the group is closed.

I agree with others to get the Celebrity Guest Invoice from the TA. It's really the best way to determine that everything is in order.

A little update, I called the TA customer service, who called Celebrity and Celebrity updated the booking and it now shows as "booked". Our CC numbers are still missing from the booking but the TA swears it's on the reservation. I've asked for a copy of the Celebrity statement, hopefully I receive that soon.

By the way, the TA name rhymes with Tru Ton!! :)

Avalon Scenery Burgundy and Provence-June 2010

Celebrity Infinity Alaska-May 2012

Celebrity Century Pacific Wine-Sept 2012

Celebrity Millennium N Alaska-July 2013

Celebrity Century Pacific Coastal-May 2014

Celebrity Millennium Malaysia and Indonesia-Nov 2014

Celebrity Millennium Southbound Alaska May 2015

Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal September 2015

Edited by Beh789149