Cruising with Broken Ribs at day 10

cruiseforvac

I would bring a heat pad with you and of course your meds. But if your doctor says its medically safe to go, I would go. I mean honestly if you get to the cruise and you're still in a lot of pain you can lay in bed or at the pool in a lounger to relax. But you're just going to lay in bed or on the couch at home right? Some sun and warm weather may do you some good!

I would bring a heat pad with you and of course your meds.

You might find your heating pad is confiscated; most cruise ships do not allow them onboard. Your better bet is to buy a hot water bottle and fill it from the tap - the tap water in your cabin can be v-e-r-y hot!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

When my husband broke his ribs at the end of the holiday (slipped in the bath at hotel the day before we had to fly UK to Spain) the pain medication given by hospital made him very drowsy and still in pain, once home he was given pain medication for about 6 weeks it took about 2 weeks before he could sleep in bed, usually slept upright in comfy chair. Once he started to be more mobile he used a stick for support. So in you position I would consider cancelling

Sandy in Spain

I broke a rib about 3 weeks before our cruise this past September. The cruise left out of NY. We stayed in a hotel the night before so that we could join our son for his birthday and then leave for the cruise the following day. Before birthday dinner I fell going up the stairs at the hotel.I'm a klutz,I own it! I broke my foot. I went on the cruise. Yes, there were some things I couldn't do. I definitely relaxed more than I usually do while cruising but I also pushed myself to do some things that I really wanted to do. I had to slow down at times,ice ,medicate rest my broken bones! We were on the beautiful ocean,I didn't have to cook or clean and there were plenty of activities I could still enjoy! DH carried all the carry on bags and was understanding that this trip would be different then the other…different but still good! Can you do your trip knowing that you will have to modify what you usually do,yet still enjoy being away? I have no regrets about going.I hope you feel better soon and make a decision that you are comfortable with!

Pillows....... lots of pillows. I found them my very best friend as I could move them around and pile them in ways that let me get comfortable. Ask your steward for different firm or softness and pile them under you when you try to sleep.