Vacation Protection cost?

skrodle

I know i have seen somewhere on Princess how they price their Vacation Protection, but cannot find it.

I just refared into a different cabin and I am paying more for the cabin, but the vacation protection was cheaper.

I just found this as odd... wondering if the cost of vacation protection went down?

You may have dropped into a lower percent due to higher fare.

Princess Vacation Protection is available for 8% of cruise fare subject to a minimum plan cost of $39.00* for fares up to $2,999.99. Cruise fares of $2,500 - $4,999.99 will have a plan cost of 7%. Cruise fares of $5,000 or greater will have a plan cost of 6%. Princess Platinum Vacation Protection is available for 12% of cruise fare subject to a minimum of $59.99* for fares up to $2,999.99. Cruise fares of $2,500 - $4,999.99 will have a plan cost of 11%. Cruise fares of $5,000 or greater will have a plan cost of 10%. *Plan rates will apply to children 18 and under traveling in third and fourth berths with no minimum plan cost if all adults in the cabin purchase the plan.

Edited by denmarks

I know i have seen somewhere on Princess how they price their Vacation Protection, but cannot find it.

I just refared into a different cabin and I am paying more for the cabin, but the vacation protection was cheaper.

I just found this as odd... wondering if the cost of vacation protection went down?

Normally it is 8%. Strange.

You may have dropped into a lower percent due to higher fare.

Princess Vacation Protection is available for 8% of cruise fare subject to a minimum plan cost of $39.00* for fares up to $2,999.99. Cruise fares of $2,500 - $4,999.99 will have a plan cost of 7%. Cruise fares of $5,000 or greater will have a plan cost of 6%. Princess Platinum Vacation Protection is available for 12% of cruise fare subject to a minimum of $59.99* for fares up to $2,999.99. Cruise fares of $2,500 - $4,999.99 will have a plan cost of 11%. Cruise fares of $5,000 or greater will have a plan cost of 10%. *Plan rates will apply to children 18 and under traveling in third and fourth berths with no minimum plan cost if all adults in the cabin purchase the plan.

perfect, i knew i had seen a chart like this somewhere! Makes sense as to why it dropped, I was on the cusp of 1 and moved into the cheaper percentage so thats why it dropped ;)

thanks!

Interesting, i knew about the 8% and 12% rates but didn't know that they drop at higher value cruises.

One more piece if the puzzle us that as soon as you are "Ruby" (starts on your 4th Princess cruise) you get the better coverage for the lower price. Not the % drops but the 8% (or lower) rate for the 12% (or lower) coverage.

Terry

If you booked and paid for your cruise with a Chase credit card Saphire, United, Marriott and others you have up to $10.000 protection already.

Check out your situation. and if not using a card...strongly consider using one.

The princess card wont do it.

Chwck out chase .

I haven't bought any insurance in decades... yet had full coverage.