Excursions cancelled for weather?

BigMomma409

We sail in less than 2 weeks & when I check the forecast for the ports we'll be visiting it looks like we may have to face rain. My question is for the beach type excursions....will they cancel those since rain isn't exactly beach weather? Or are we stuck going to the beach in the rain or losing out on that prepaid excursion?

Once we had a snorkeling excursion cancelled by the cruise line because of weather. The ocean water would have been churned up anyway.

One thing about the Caribbean is that there is a lot of rain. But often the rain will last for just a short amount of time. Other places may get rain storms that last all day. That's the thing about sea ports. Always be prepared for rain.

I think I've seen rain on just about all of my cruises, at least the ones lasting a week or more. Never put a damper on our enjoyment.

Rain will not cancel any watersport excursion....you'll be wet whether it's sunny or not!

Beaches need no excursions...do it on your own. Get a guidebook to help you, if you don't know anything about where you're going....

If there's lightening, it will cancel a water excursion.

Edited by cb at sea

We're doing Passion Island & the French Key. Do I really not need an excursion to go to those beaches? When we sailed back in 09 we were scheduled to do Passion Island but it was supposed to be on the Twister. It wasn't raining, but that was the year there was a hurricane after hurricane season & they canceled our excursion due to bad weather even though there was no rain & the hurricane had been the week before.

We visited Jamaica two weeks ago on the Carnival Breeze. It was raining so hard, that they were offering informing everyone at the gangway to go back to the shore excursion desk for a refund if they did not want to go on their excursion.

Generally, I agree that they are nonrefundable. But, as I described, they are reasonable and do make exceptions.