New to Celebrity from RCCL - Questions

Creepella

We just booked our first Celebrity Cruise. We have been on Royal Caribbean many times, and are curious about some of the differences and similarities.

If you have a classic package, can you just pay the difference for out of package drinks?

Are there other options for lunch on embarkation day besides the buffet?

What time are Florida boardings, usually?

Is the bar service in the dining room good?

Is there bar waiter service in the Solarium?

Thanks.

We just booked our first Celebrity Cruise. We have been on Royal Caribbean many times, and are curious about some of the differences and similarities.

If you have a classic package, can you just pay the difference for out of package drinks?

No, you have to pay the full price, for some reason if you have the Premium and buy a drink which exceeds the price, you then pay the difference but not on the classic.

Are there other options for lunch on embarkation day besides the buffet?

Yes, Aqua spa café if usually open and many go to Bistro on Five. Also, on the ships that have them the grill area on the lawn club is open.

What time are Florida boardings, usually?

Celebrity has a new system for boardings where they send an email telling you what time to board. There are several threads on here about it and many are basically just ignoring the emails. I usually board at 11:00.

Is the bar service in the dining room good?

HIt and miss

Is there bar waiter service in the Solarium?

Yes but again hit and miss. I spend a lot of time in the Solarium, my favorite place and have noticed less people at the pools in general. One good thing is there is a bar right outside the Solarium.

Thanks.

Good Luck

Thanks for your replies. I guess this leads me to ask, if you have the classic package from the promotion, can you upgrade it to Premium for the difference in prices? Are there ever any specials that would make it cheaper?

We are Select tier based on our C&A status, I think, if that helps.

Edited by Creepella

You can upgrade to the premium plan at any time on the cruise (oh, there may need to be at least 3 days left). It isn't retroactive to purchases already made, but it is pro-rated for the number of days you actually have it.

Maybe try the classic for a day or 2 & decide if you would really need the premium.

I upgraded myself to premium on our last cruise; DH stayed on the classic plan (he mainly drinks beer, maybe a few pina coladas on a cruise). I like a wider variety of cocktails. I DID enjoy it while dining in BLU--the sommalier knew my preferences after the first night, knew I was on the premium plan & selected a wine to complement my dinner each night.

That being said, we will stick with classic for this cruise. For one thing, we will be in the MDR & it drink service tends to be slow (from what I have heard). I am not a wine snob, so likely will be perfectly fine with house wines. If not, I will choose a cocktail. Looking at what is included, that is 95% of what I would typically choose, so why upgrade.

Thanks. I think I will wait until I board. The OBC should more than cover it. The more I look at the premium, the more I like the options, but, I didn't see any Canadian whiskey in the list? :confused: Can you get Crown Royal in the classic package? Premium?