If you have a Nellie's cabana pre-booked, when do you sail?

Not exactly sure how to post a pic... But I'll try...

Heres a sceen shot

[ATTACH]339524[/ATTACH]

It says.... ( onboard only)

Mine says the same thing but under Shore Excursions Confirmation it says "the following shore excursions have been confirmed in your name" so I wouldn't worry about it - we are cruising on Independence on 2/28/15 and booked the Cabana OTW on 2/29/14.

Edited by nancronin

What tier crown and anchor are

You? Suite guests, diamond and up can coordinate with concierge a week or two before your trip for barefoot beach cabanas.

Thanks for this information! I was told over the phone that I'd have a 99% chance of getting a cabana but had to go to the desk as soon as we boarded. I will contact the concierge in a couple days & see if we can book one!

Very. Is the shorex desk even open on day one? Does anyone know how likely it is that the cabanas at Barefoot go unreserved for suite guests? Labadee will be our first stop after a day at sea and we will be the only ship there that day so I am keeping fingers crossed we will get at least one (we wanted two) cabanas. They do rent Barefoot cabanas to us commoners (non suite guests) if they are open, correct? When do they open them up?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Is the shorex desk even open on day one?

Yes, it's generally open right around boarding time.

Does anyone know how likely it is that the cabanas at Barefoot go unreserved for suite guests?

In my limited experience, there have been a few Barefoot Beach cabanas available.

They do rent Barefoot cabanas to us commoners (non suite guests) if they are open, correct? When do they open them up?

Technically, it's done by Crown & Anchor status, so Diamond Plus would get first crack at available cabanas, then Diamond, etc. You'd want to get your name on the Concierge's list as early as possible because it's up to the Concierge's discretion.

By the way, another thing to consider regarding Nellie's Beach cabanas is that it's possible that a suite guest had already reserved one online when it was possible, and will be releasing it when they get a Barefoot Beach cabana. So, if the shore excursions desk is taking down names for a cabana waiting list, they might get lucky.

Edited by Daghis

Thanks for this information! I was told over the phone that I'd have a 99% chance of getting a cabana but had to go to the desk as soon as we boarded. I will contact the concierge in a couple days & see if we can book one!

Are you talking about your Indy sailing? If you are there is another ship in with us the same day. I have heard that when there are 2 ships in at the same time they split the cabanas between the 2 of them. We are sailing on the Indy on Feb 28 also. We booked our cabana back in June.

We are booked on the Liberty for this coming July. I have checked every day since we booked in September (often 2 or 3 times a day) for the cabanas to show up. So far they haven't. When my parents were on the Liberty over NYE, they were told that the cabanas were going to be on-board booking only. Maybe they are just trying it out with specific ships first to see how it goes.

I'm in Labadee April 28th and have seen anything other than this on the website:

Online reservations are not available. Please check onboard.

Very. Is the shorex desk even open on day one?

It was on Oasis as we booked a post cruise excursion shortly after we boarded.

It is a shame they are willing to kick to the curb those of us that plan ahead just to accommodated the last minute folks.

Edited by PCWalton1

Our Oasis cruise is May 9, 2015. We booked this cruise in May 2013 and the booked the NB OTW Cabana shortly after booking the cruise. It shows as a booked excursion still in our planner. Our friends with whom we are sharing the cabana have recently upgraded to a suite, so if they can get an OTW on BB we will also be releasing a NB cabana!:)