Breakfast in suites?

junetraveler2014

Just read the new list of Suite Perks and not listed anywhere is In Suite Breakfast by your butler? Does anyone know if this perk is no longer available. The perks say butler assisted lunch and diner in suites but breakfast is not listed! So looking forward to breakfast on the deck. Sailing on Summit in Royal Suite in May and looking forward to eggs benedict hope service is still available...:rolleyes:

In a suite, will the butler deliver breakfast on a table and set it up? We have always enjoyed breakfast in regular cabins but it has always been just piled up on a tray and set down.

Your buttler will lay a white linen cloth over your table (either on the veranda or inside your suite) and set out your chosen breakfast items. The final flourish is when he/she lifts the silver covers to reveal the hot items.

It's always best to order the night before and we've usually found they ring about 5mins before arrival as a courtesy :)

Sent from my NGM EXPLORER using Forums mobile app

I always just have my butler deliver daily at 8 a pot of coffee , an extra shot Americano, Orange juice and an assortment of pastries in a basket. I ask him to come in and leave it even if I'm not awake yet.

When I do get up, it's laid out on table, white table cloth and all for me.

Certainly with the intent of Suite Perks to provide enhanced benefits to suites, there is no chance they are stopping breakfast service in suites.

Edited by cle-guy

Thank you to all for your replies. Was on Summit to Bermuda June 2014 and loved the full breakfast in our cabin. The butler always set everything out so nicely and it was always nice and warm. One of the major reasons sailing again this May. Thanks again for your responses:D

It depends on the butler. Usually butlers will do the full set up, but I have had butlers who have put down the tray and walked out. I've also had a butler who did the full set up at the beginning of the cruise, and mid-way through the cruise put down the tray and left. I have found this uneven treatment in all levels of suite, except for the penthouse.

We had a great butler for our S1 on Equinox Med cruise in 2012 who made up the table with the cloth etc. and brought ice tea and shrimp for the afternoon snacks. We were really spoiled and he got a great extra tip. Our cruise in an S1 in Sept. on Silly, the butler put the tray down and left . He would not bring ice tea not to speak of shrimp! He also did not bring wine glasses even if asked more than once. DH did not want to complain. Next time we will complain. By the way, the Silly butler came around the last am to get an extra tip. He was already getting the automatic tip, but seemed to think he would get more. He did not!

I was in an Aqua Suite (Reflection stateroom 2109) in November 2013. The butler did a set up on our round balcony table using a white tablecloth. We only did in-room breakfast on port days so we could multi-task to get ready for the day, etc. Service was great!

We sailed for the first time in a suite this past October and I was looking forward to having a lovely time being pampered by a butler. Unfortunately, our butler announced it was his first time on our ship and he didn't know how things worked. Offered to get us our reservation in a specialty restaurant and by the time he got around to it there were no reservations left. We had to ask for our Celebrity folding bag which we knew about since we usually sail AQ. He did serve afternoon tea but other than the extra CC points it wasn't worth the extra money for us. Perhaps with the new suite restaurant we might be tempted to try again, but we really do like Blu. Oh yes, he was very good at hanging around at the end looking for a tip. We did give him one but it wasn't very large.

I've never had a butler hanging out looking for a tip at the end. In fact I now grab a thank you card on shore somplace to leave it or give to the Michael's concierge to give to him.

My first few cruises I actually went searching till I started bringing a thank you card with me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I always just have my butler deliver daily at 8 a pot of coffee , an extra shot Americano, Orange juice and an assortment of pastries in a basket. I ask him to come in and leave it even if I'm not awake yet.

When I do get up, it's laid out on table, white table cloth and all for me.

Certainly with the intent of Suite Perks to provide enhanced benefits to suites, there is no chance they are stopping breakfast service in suites.

This is a great idea, never thought of it! I love waking up to fresh coffee. Thank you.

Diane