Rangers cruise

lakelorain

Just found out the cruise I booked, awhile ago, for my our multi-generational family is now going to be a NY Rangers Legend cruise. We have 3 children ages 3 - 13 and 4 adults in our group. No hockey fans in the group. Would like to hear from those of you who have been on this type of cruise, if this is going to be a problem.

Thank you.

Edited by lakelorain

Just found out the cruise I booked, awhile ago, for my our multi-generational family is now going to be a NY Rangers Legend cruise. We have 3 children ages 3 - 13 and 4 adults in our group. No hockey fans in the group. Would like to hear from those of you who have been on this type of cruise, if this is going to be a problem.

Thank you.

Several years ago I was surprised to find myself on a Packers cruise. Only indication was some signage and many walking around in Packer shirts. Absolutely no influence on my cruise. I was on another cruise on a line other than Celebrity where there was a very, very large Irish interest group. They did impact on my cruise experience since venues were often closed and even dining and Theater times were adjusted to meet the requirements of the group. I suspect a NY Ranger group would be more like the Packer group.

Edited by Orator

Several years ago I was surprised to find myself on a Packers cruise. Only indication was some signage and many walking around in Packer shirts. Absolutely no influence on my cruise. I was on another cruise on a line other than Celebrity where there was a very, very large Irish interest group. They did impact on my cruise experience since venues were often closed and even dining and Theater times were adjusted to meet the requirements of the group. A suspect a NY Ranger group would be more like the Packer group.

That would have been a dream come true for me! :D

Thank you.

I was on a cruise a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a NY Giants cruise, year after they won the Superbowl. These cruises will generally be booked through a specific Travel AGent with higher prices as they have to pay the players in some way. Unless you go through this TA you will not have access to any of the meetings, talks or meet and greets with the players. You may see them around the ship but that is about it. My cruise was not a big group and was not a problem.

Edited by dkjretired

To anyone reading this thread, remember to book via the Ranger's booking channels if you plan to participate in any of their events.

If not, book anyway you normally would.

There was a thread last year of a disgruntled guests who booked via X website direct instead of via Rangers and wasn't included in the rangers activities. Man they were STEAMED to be turned away, but what was X to do if they hadn't booked in the group...!

It probably depends on the size of the group. Larger group = increased possibility of certain venues closed to other guests for their events.

Why not find the group sponsoring the cruise with an internet search and see what events they're listing on their web site. Call them and ask how large the group is so far and what they expect.

It probably depends on the size of the group. Larger group = increased possibility of certain venues closed to other guests for their events.

Why not find the group sponsoring the cruise with an internet search and see what events they're listing on their web site. Call them and ask how large the group is so far and what they expect.

Thanks for the suggestions. I already checked on these things. Celebrity is sponsoring the cruise. You can book through agencies or directly with X. Celebrity won't say how many people are involved. The events listed are an excursion and some hockey demos/games on the basketball court. Also some meetings with the "Legends". I assume they will be using the basketball court for the hockey demos. etc. and a large bar for the other meetings. None of this should affect us unless there is a very large group.

Glad to hear others had no major problems with groups of this type. We've been on many cruises with groups and only found one to be a problem. It was a very large company out of San Juan. They were always posing for pictures everywhere. You couldn't get away from them.

For a "large bar" read the main observation lounge, so probably no Elite function if you are eligible.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I am Elite. I doubt that many of the Ranger group will be Elite and up, so a small bar or coupons will do for cocktail time.

Edited by lakelorain

I was on a cruise a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a NY Giants cruise, year after they won the Superbowl. These cruises will generally be booked through a specific Travel AGent with higher prices as they have to pay the players in some way. Unless you go through this TA you will not have access to any of the meetings, talks or meet and greets with the players. You may see them around the ship but that is about it. My cruise was not a big group and was not a problem.

That would have been the best trip of my life!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the suggestions. I already checked on these things. Celebrity is sponsoring the cruise. You can book through agencies or directly with X.

Here's the website for information.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/new-york-rangers-promotion

DO note you have to call the special phone number, and can not book via the X website. Failing to book as directed will result in being outside of the group, and not able to participate int he group activities, as a CC poster found last year.

Thank you.

We did this cruise with my family to celebrate my birthday last August. At the time of booking we did not know it was a Rangers Legends Cruise. My son was the only hockey fan, so he was excited. No interference whatsoever during this great Bermuda cruise. We met up with some of the players & they were enjoying the cruise as much as we were. Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Barb

We were on a Princess Oldies cruise a few years ago. Like the poster I was concerned that certain venues might be closed, etc. It turned out to be pretty cool.Sitting on the beach next to the late Davy Jones (my wife had a big crush as a teenager) riding on the elavator with Paul Revere (also departed) was fun.

I would look at the Rangers cruise as an enhancement rather than detraction. The total number of passengers involved is probably under 10%.

I was surprised at the cost of the legends music cruise events however. We had already booked and the promoter wanted something like 800 bucks to attend concerts, cocktail parties,etc,

Here's the website for information.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/new-york-rangers-promotion

DO note you have to call the special phone number, and can not book via the X website. Failing to book as directed will result in being outside of the group, and not able to participate int he group activities, as a CC poster found last year.

We are already booked on this cruise. Booked early summer before it was announced as a Rangers cruise. We have no interest in hockey. Just want to know if we should change our dates. We paid less than half of what the hockey group is paying.