Drink package questions

We are traveling with 3 other couples on our May cruise. The last time DH and I cruised we bought the $20/day drink package (sodas, water, coffee shop drinks and non alcoholic drinks) and loved it. A few of my friends had questions about the packages. Do both people in the cabin have to have a package? Does it have to be the same package? I've explained the difficulties trying to share a package with you spouse would pose and that it is against the rules, but some are considering sharing. Any idea what happens if caught? Anyone try sharing? What difficulties did you face besides the 20 minute limit before getting another drink? If you want to lecture me, don't bother. My hubby and I each buy a package and my friends won't read your disapproving comments. [emoji6]

We are traveling with 3 other couples on our May cruise. The last time DH and I cruised we bought the $20/day drink package (sodas, water, coffee shop drinks and non alcoholic drinks) and loved it. A few of my friends had questions about the packages. Do both people in the cabin have to have a package? Does it have to be the same package? I've explained the difficulties trying to share a package with you spouse would pose and that it is against the rules, but some are considering sharing. Any idea what happens if caught? Anyone try sharing? What difficulties did you face besides the 20 minute limit before getting another drink? If you want to lecture me, don't bother. My hubby and I each buy a package and my friends won't read your disapproving comments. [emoji6]

Both people in the stateroom no longer have to buy any package.

Tell them it's not worth ruining their vacation trying scam free drinks. One person will spend double the amount of time going to a bar to get one drink then 20 minutes later go back and get another. They obviously wouldn't be able to share during dinner or sitting in one of the lounges. Also before the shows there are servers taking orders and will bring your drinks to your seat, can't share then either.

Why someone would want to create that kind of stress and worry about getting caught is beyond me. If they can't afford to purchase the package for two people then let them know that Royal is very good with letting passengers bring cases of water or pop onboard. They can bring two bottles of wine onboard and even bring them to the dining room without a corkage fee. Let them know there are plenty of free non alcoholic beverages available as well.

IMO it's just not worth it. You go on vacation to have a good time. I hope your friends do the right thing.

Does everyone in cabin need package. No.

If both get does it have to be same package.

No.

What happens if you share and are caught?

They can disable the package if they want to.

20 minute time limit?

First I have heard of that.

Going Royal Caribbean this Sat. They told me one bottle of water? I can bring a case?

All beverages other than the two bottles of wine are technically prohibited. However, they frequently don't enforce the rule.

Just got off Indy last Saturday.

Everyone in the stateroom doesn't have to buy a drink pkg and if they choose to buy, the pkg doesn't have to be the same one. My husband purchased the Premium, I didn''t initially purchase a drink pkg because we had an OBC that I planned to use for my drink tab. I did end up purchasing a pkg for the last 4 days, if you have a couple of drinks during the day, wine with dinner and a couple more drinks during the evening, the Premium pkg will definitely pay for itself. Also, if one of your ports with RCI is Labadee, you can use the pkg there too. No "time limit" between drinks, just can't get 2 at a time (although we did get a drink and bottled water each one night on our way back to our room). We didn't try to get drinks for both of us on one card, and I wouldn't encourage it.

Enjoy your cruise!

I didn''t initially purchase a drink pkg because we had an OBC that I planned to use for my drink tab. I did end up purchasing a pkg for the last 4 days, if you have a couple of drinks during the day, wine with dinner and a couple more drinks during the evening, the Premium pkg will definitely pay for itself.

Was the price for your package prorated for the last 4 days?

Just wondering if I buy a drink package at the start of the cruise, and then after a day or two I find I am really not drinking that much, can I cancel it and get refunded for the remaining days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wondering if I buy a drink package at the start of the cruise, and then after a day or two I find I am really not drinking that much, can I cancel it and get refunded for the remaining days?

I have read posts where people have cancelled the package. They get a full refund for the package and are charged individually for all the drinks they consumed.

Nice user!! Gig-em 😎, typically my family just buy's one per cabin and use as needed. Don't think it is required for each passenger to have the package. Have a great trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sharing is strictly forbidden. It's not only cheating the system to share - but the other passengers who have shelled out the bucks adhering to the rules. it basically says that rules don't apply to you or your family. What message does that send ??

And if it's OK to cheat on something as trivial as a drink / soda.....what's next?

All beverages other than the two bottles of wine are technically prohibited. However, they frequently don't enforce the rule.

I have read frequently on these boards that spirits are always seized, and returned at end of cruise. Are you saying that is not the case, in your experience? Am particularly interested in your posts because you clearly have an incredible factual knowledge of all things RC.

Thanks.

I have read frequently on these boards that spirits are always seized, and returned at end of cruise. Are you saying that is not the case, in your experience? Am particularly interested in your posts because you clearly have an incredible factual knowledge of all things RC.

Thanks.

They were referring too Water and Soda, not Spirits, rules and spirits are generally more enforced, unlike Water and Soda

Thanks.

I don't have personal knowledge of bringing spirits on board. However, from what I read, it does appear that the cruise line is much more interested in preventing alcoholic beverages (other than the two bottles of wine) from being brought on board, than water and soda.

Edited by clarea

Sharing is strictly forbidden. It's not only cheating the system to share - but the other passengers who have shelled out the bucks adhering to the rules. it basically says that rules don't apply to you or your family. What message does that send ??

And if it's OK to cheat on something as trivial as a drink / soda.....what's next?

Alright I don't think your post berating my family and I was necessary. Not sure how we are "cheating the system" but let me explain since you felt the need to make me the bad guy. Since I only drink about a soda a day(dinner time) and me being the only one to do so, why would we buy 3 more soda cards for $60 when I'm the only person in my family that even uses one? What I meant by "using as needed" is if my mother ever felt like a diet coke during our trip which happened twice, I went and got her one.

Thank you for the lecture though!! Appreciate it

Alright I don't think your post berating my family and I was necessary. Not sure how we are "cheating the system" but let me explain since you felt the need to make me the bad guy. Since I only drink about a soda a day(dinner time) and me being the only one to do so, why would we buy 3 more soda cards for $60 when I'm the only person in my family that even uses one? What I meant by "using as needed" is if my mother ever felt like a diet coke during our trip which happened twice, I went and got her one.

Thank you for the lecture though!! Appreciate it

Since your only drinking a soda a day then why not forgo the soda package and buy the one soda. Wouldn't that be cheaper?

Since your only drinking a soda a day then why not forgo the soda package and buy the one soda. Wouldn't that be cheaper?

BINGO

Excellent post.

Giving the soda poster the benefit of the doubt, maybe the obvious elluded him.

Safe journey