Champagne included in classic package?

patterson3

Apparently the per glass dollar allowance has been increased to 10.50 for classic package. Not sure if this is just for AUS cruises or fleet wide. Do you know what the increased premium allowance is? Thanks!

The per glass allowance in the UK and Australia includes the gratuity. Hence the $10.50. It is still $9 in the US.

Is it perhaps cheaper if you upgrade prior to the cruise?

There was a short time that it was cheaper to upgrade prior to the cruise. That was over a year ago. It is currently $11.50/pp/day ($10 + $1.50 gratuity) whether you upgrade before or during the cruise.

Many of us have a lot of OBC and the only way that can be used to upgrade is if you do it ON the cruise.

Thanks Hank

Actually there are also particularly good prosecco an cava wines as well as the US varieties.

We did a trip to the Cordoniu cellars not far from Barcelona and you would not have told the difference between what we were served and top end champagne

Gordon

Absolutely agree :). We drink mostly Cava's or Prosecco's at home since they are usually a much better value than French Champagne and are often just as good (it is all a matter of personal taste). We are familiar with several of the cavas from Cordoniu and find them excellent values in the US. Hard to argue with a company that is over 450 years old :). They must be doing something right.

Hank

The per glass allowance in the UK and Australia includes the gratuity. Hence the $10.50. It is still $9 in the US.

There was a short time that it was cheaper to upgrade prior to the cruise. That was over a year ago. It is currently $11.50/pp/day ($10 + $1.50 gratuity) whether you upgrade before or during the cruise.

Many of us have a lot of OBC and the only way that can be used to upgrade is if you do it ON the cruise.

Thanks Karen for the clarification! Does that mean that the per glass allowance is also higher for the premium package - $14.50 instead of $13?

Thanks Karen for the clarification! Does that mean that the per glass allowance is also higher for the premium package - $14.50 instead of $13?

I know we purchased pouilly-fume on our cruise regularly and only once were we charged the extra 50c above the premium rate. I think that $14.50 is about right.

It would be $13.00 + 15% so that would be $14.95.

On our Australia cruise the gratuities were included in the drink prices on the menu (AND in the limits posted for drink packages).

If memory serves (and it doesn't always) they rounded everything up to an even $15.

Someone posted menus from a UK cruise. I'll see if I can find one.

It would be $13.00 + 15% so that would be $14.95.

On our Australia cruise the gratuities were included in the drink prices on the menu (AND in the limits posted for drink packages).

If memory serves (and it doesn't always) they rounded everything up to an even $15.

Someone posted menus from a UK cruise. I'll see if I can find one.

Thanks Karen sounds fantastic! I'm sure we'll have heaps to pick from for $14.95 :)

It's early so maybe I'm just not thinking clearly yet so please clairify for me... We are cruising Aus/NZ in December with the classic pkg. Does the above quote mean we can choose a wine from Chicagopauls wine list priced at $10.50, instead of $9?

If that's correct, are there also other price change minimums for beer and spirits?

Thanks you!

Edited by floralscent
Additional question added

It's early so maybe I'm just not thinking clearly yet so please clairify for me... We are cruising Aus/NZ in December with the classic pkg. Does the above quote mean we can choose a wine from Chicagopauls wine list priced at $10.50, instead of $9?

Thanks you!

No. Sorry.

Chicagopaul's list has US prices and is under the US package.

So the wines that are $10.50 on his list wouldn't fall under the $9 limit IN THE US.

On your cruise, when the gratuity is included, your limit will be $10.50 but that wine will most likely be $12 ($10.50 + 15%)

Thanks for the updated list. Do you know if Pouilly Fusse is included in the premium package ( $13.5/glass)

On the list provided by chicagopaul, Pouilly-Fuisse is $16 - the Pouilly-Fume is $13.50. Both nice wines but entirely different.

If that's correct, are there also other price change minimums for beer and spirits?

Thanks you!

No. Sorry.

Chicagopaul's list has US prices and is under the US package.

So the wines that are $10.50 on his list wouldn't fall under the $9 limit IN THE US.

On your cruise, when the gratuity is included, your limit will be $10.50 but that wine will most likely be $12 ($10.50 + 15%)

I was thinking about this and how muddled it all sounds if you have a drink package.

If you are paying for each drink it's nice to have the gratuity included in the price you see on the menu so you know exactly what your bill will be.

If you have a package it doesn't matter either way since the gratuities are pre-paid with the package.