Debating what to do(new cruiser)

lozak42188

Hello all I needed some advice on our upcoming vacation. Ok so I have already booked my family of 6 a 2 bedroom suite on the Disney Magic to the Bahamas for January 2016. We haven't booked our flights nor our transportation but now my family was talking about maybe going on the 31st of December to Walt Disney World for 2 days and then rent a car on the 3rd to drive directly to Miami port and embark on a cruise but we would need to find flights to Orlando from Lax then get a rental and drive to Miami then find flights either from Fort Lauderdale or Miami back to Lax any suggestions on how to make this happen or should I just give up and just find flights to take our cruise and forget the whole idea of Walt Disney world??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

it is almost as easy to book flights from LAX to Orlando one way, then book one way flights from Miami to LAX as it is to book round trip flights.

Do a bit of research on the available flights then decide on the amount of time you want to spend at Disney World.

On your return flight check on the prices for the day or two after your cruise ends. Sometimes it is less expensive to stay overnight in a hotel than fly out the day you disembark.

I think you are overthinking things. Sit down, write a list of your dates and where you want to be, then work out the logistics on the computer.

The 31st of December may be a difficult time to book flights for.

have a great family holiday.

Cheers, h.

I don't see any problems with flying from LAX to Orlando. But you really need more than a couple of days to see Walt Disney World. And I wouldn't fly in on Dec 31.

With 6 of you and luggage -- rent a van. It is long drive from Orlando to Miami.

And no problems flying back to CA fro Miami.

We always arrive at embarkation ports 2 or 3 days early and stay over a day or two at the end of the cruise before flying home. Less stressful.

Flying to Orlando and home from Miami is called an Open Jaw. People do it all the time. If you book your own flights just put in the cities and dates. Alternatively, you can contact a TA and they will do it

Open jaws usually cost the same as round trip, when you are talking about Florida.

It is a 4 hour drive from Orlando to Miami, more if you are driving during rush hour.

Have you considered going to Disney AFTER the cruise? I live in Orlando, work at the other big theme park in town, and trust me when I say that you won't be able to move in any of the parks on New Year's Eve, especially Disney (my park isn't quite as busy that day, as most people go to Disney because they do NYE better). The week between Christmas and New Year's is the busiest week of the year, with the parks, ALL of them, often reaching capacity and having to close their turnstiles for a while. If I didn't get paid to be in the parks then, I would NEVER go to the parks then.

If you do decide to visit Disney, get there really early in the morning, and be prepared for huge crowds and long waits for everything.

I can not even remember when I booked a R/T

We actually usually end up flying different carriers to & from Florida, even different airports!

I check all for the schedules we need, and then price.

Hence, in a few weeks, we are flying out of Sac to MIA, flying home MIA to SFO

There are many websites that take your preferred schedule, airports, etc. and show you times and prices of multiple carriers. I don't always use cheapoair, but it is easy to see available flights there.

Besides the crowds at WDW, New Year holiday flights are going to also, be more expensive

Thank you all for the great advice, now thinking about it someone made a valid point on traveling to Walt Disney world on holidays and had me rethink our trip and 2 days won't be enough time to visit Disney world.Last trip our family had to Disney World we were there for only 3 days and we left wanting more so I won't be making the same mistake. So now I'm thinking of flying out there 2 days before our cruise to Miami or Ft Lauderdale depending on the airfare price and just spend New Years there and wait for our cruise. Anyone has any suggestions what can a family do for New Years? Or any suggestions on great hotels? Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums