Just off the Carnival Liberty....ask questions if you like

bassmaster150

Spa question... The sauna and steam room is separate and free. Not sure there is a day pass on the Liberty.

After 11:00 pm food. In addition to room service and pizza, late night snacks were offered in the buffet area as well, I believe starting at 11:30 thru 1:00. I know we went a couple nights at midnight. There was also a Mexican buffet one night that went late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great job answering questions OP. Much appredciated. Since you don't shows, I'm not sure you can answer, but maybe someone can. Do they still have the orchestra for them or is it memorex (taped)?

We did attend the past guest party in the main showroom, and it was done via a live band, so I will assume that they have an orchestra.....I will allow others to reply though.

St Maarten --> Rode a dingy all over the island waters and then went snorkelling

Thank you for the response!! I would LOVE to hear more about this, it sounds very intreging!! How did you book this? By the sounds of it (being a dingy anyway...) I am assuming it was a very small group? or was it just your party? did you drive yourself or have someone drive it for you? Were you able to pick where you went? and what is the cost?

thanks!

Thank you for the response!! I would LOVE to hear more about this, it sounds very intreging!! How did you book this? By the sounds of it (being a dingy anyway...) I am assuming it was a very small group? or was it just your party? did you drive yourself or have someone drive it for you? Were you able to pick where you went? and what is the cost?

thanks!

How did you book this? It was a Carnival sponsored excursion. I know that some on here think it is too expensive to book through Carnival as opposed to third party shore excursions. Well one of the reasons why we book through Carnival is for what happened on this trip. We had a blast and were with our guide in a big boat and we followed with about 6 other dingy boats all around the island. When it was time to head in after the snorkelling part, one of the engines on one of the dingys died, and he had to be towed in by the guide boat which slowed us way down and extended the excursion by one hour. If this had happened in the afternoon, we would have missed the ship on a private excursion....but on a Carnival sponsored excursion they would have held the boat. We were too far down the island to make it back in time.

I am assuming it was a very small group? Two people per dingy and about 6 dingys in the group with a lead boat and a trail boat

did you drive yourself or have someone drive it for you? We got to drive the dingys all over the island but we had to follow the guide.

and what is the cost? $94.99 per person

Thanks for all your insight!! I will be on her in 27 days. Did you use the serenity deck any? Was it crowded? And what were the movies showing on the outdoor screen?

Did you use the serenity deck any? No...I didn't know that the Liberty had one....didn't look for it either. We were in a suite, so when I needed privacy, I just went out on the balcony.

Was it crowded? I never felt crowded on the boat. The only line I ever stood in was the anytime dining line if you went early, and the omelet line in the morning until I found the other omelet line that was less crowded.

And what were the movies showing on the outdoor screen? Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was one, Captain America was one...there were others, but I don't remember. I was hoping that they would show the NFL playoffs on the big screen, but they did not. We were able to see those in the room though.

Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip. We are leaving on Thursday for PC to cruise on Friday on the Liberty. So excited to be trying a "new ship." We live near the port of Manhattan, so always cruise on whatever ship CCL has here at the time and we obviously do a lot of "repeats." Can't wait to try Guy's Burger! What is at the Iguana? Any other tips or "must do's?" Is there a retractable roof pool? TIA

Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip. We are leaving on Thursday for PC to cruise on Friday on the Liberty. So excited to be trying a "new ship." We live near the port of Manhattan, so always cruise on whatever ship CCL has here at the time and we obviously do a lot of "repeats." Can't wait to try Guy's Burger! What is at the Iguana? Any other tips or "must do's?" Is there a retractable roof pool? TIA

Crusin Karen, you flying or driving, we'll be leaving Jersey Wednesday night. It'll be our first time on this ship too.

Is there a smoking section on the Lido? ...yes, on decks 9 and 10 on the Starboard side of the ship. If you are standing at the back of the boat looking forward, it is on the right side. There is also one on deck 3 outside.

Is the smoking area on Deck 10 the entire starboard side of the ship or just a certain area? We have the balcony room right by the outside door to Deck 10 and don't want to walk into a wall of smoke every time we walk outside. It won't ruin our vacation, but it will stink though (literally and figuratively)!

Crusin Karen, you flying or driving, we'll be leaving Jersey Wednesday night. It'll be our first time on this ship too.

FLYING. Haven't flown since we did the Spirit in 2008 from San Diego. I am NOT amused....I am used to filling the car with 10 pieces of luggage and not batting an eyelash about what to pack since we live 20 minutes from port of Manhattan and that is where we usually cruise from But with CCL out of NY in the winter and the great deal we got on this cruise, we said WTH. All our "savings" is going to be eaten up with overweight and oversized luggage. :mad::( Would have driven down, but we have free miles on our credit card which we would never have used anyway...just kind of feels like one step forward, two back! :eek::confused: Safe travels and maybe we will see you on board! Are you on our roll call?

FLYING. Haven't flown since we did the Spirit in 2008 from San Diego. I am NOT amused....I am used to filling the car with 10 pieces of luggage and not batting an eyelash about what to pack since we live 20 minutes from port of Manhattan and that is where we usually cruise from But with CCL out of NY in the winter and the great deal we got on this cruise, we said WTH. All our "savings" is going to be eaten up with overweight and oversized luggage. :mad::( Would have driven down, but we have free miles on our credit card which we would never have used anyway...just kind of feels like one step forward, two back! :eek::confused: Safe travels and maybe we will see you on board! Are you on our roll call?

We had an exceptional offer too, but our budget was for a May cruise, and we had to take this offer by January, plus my husband hates flying. I'll be the one holding the Marguaritas and Pina Coladas at the pool. Oh wait, isn't that what we'll all be doing? See you on the Liberty.

OP didn't mean to hijack your thread... :-). Here are my answers to some questions.

Ccartman2 the music for the main shows is live orchestra synced with a track (with the backup singers). The shows are the original shows installed in 2005 somewhat dated effects (like the green laser lights). They will move to playlist shows at the next drydock according to one of the stage hands. But, I enjoyed the shows. The theater was only half full for the late showing, which with all the other options (dive in movie, comedy club and etc.) not surprising. They tried to get audience participation (clapping and etc. but just didn't take).

John Heald listed the Dive in movies on his Facebook if you want the complete list. But I watched The Vow, Malefacient and Divergent. They also had Planet of the Apes, Mutant Ninja Turtles, Guardians of the Galaxy and others... Playoff games were in the EA sports bar. For the dive in movies, very few blankets available, but you could get towels. Lots of folks had the robes on for the movie. Popcorn is fairly plain tasting, but hey it was available.

Only went to the family comedy, but two of the three comedians were good and funny, but some material was repeated between the comedians.

Someone asked about the Serenity area. It was closed the first sea day due to wind. It was very crowded on sea days, but it was wide open at night and the hot tubs were pretty empty after 6:00. I had no problems getting a seat when coming back onboard from a port in the serenity area. Other seating options, on sea days there were always chairs available on deck 10 around the funnel area, both sun and shade (except our last sea day when they took them up for the medical evac.)

One last item, the CD and his staff were changing this week.

We had an exceptional offer too, but our budget was for a May cruise, and we had to take this offer by January, plus my husband hates flying. I'll be the one holding the Marguaritas and Pina Coladas at the pool. Oh wait, isn't that what we'll all be doing? See you on the Liberty.

Well, that's what I plan to do too! :p We have a nice roll call. Come join; it's never too late! We are staying on the Liberty for a B2B. We got an even BETTER deal on the 2nd one and since we were down there anyway and only had NJ winter to come back to, our arms were twisted. :p But I am thinking 16 days on a ship eating and drinking is going to be wild. Not sure if my clothes will fit for the flight home lol. :eek:

Well, that's what I plan to do too! :p We have a nice roll call. Come join; it's never too late! We are staying on the Liberty for a B2B. We got an even BETTER deal on the 2nd one and since we were down there anyway and only had NJ winter to come back to, our arms were twisted. :p But I am thinking 16 days on a ship eating and drinking is going to be wild. Not sure if my clothes will fit for the flight home lol. :eek:

Wow a B2B, I'd love to do one, we could have but work would have been in the way for that. If I attempted it, I would be looking for a forever cruise lol.

OP didn't mean to hijack your thread... :-). Here are my answers to some questions.

Ccartman2 the music for the main shows is live orchestra synced with a track (with the backup singers). The shows are the original shows installed in 2005 somewhat dated effects (like the green laser lights). They will move to playlist shows at the next drydock according to one of the stage hands. But, I enjoyed the shows. The theater was only half full for the late showing, which with all the other options (dive in movie, comedy club and etc.) not surprising. They tried to get audience participation (clapping and etc. but just didn't take).

John Heald listed the Dive in movies on his Facebook if you want the complete list. But I watched The Vow, Malefacient and Divergent. They also had Planet of the Apes, Mutant Ninja Turtles, Guardians of the Galaxy and others... Playoff games were in the EA sports bar. For the dive in movies, very few blankets available, but you could get towels. Lots of folks had the robes on for the movie. Popcorn is fairly plain tasting, but hey it was available.

Only went to the family comedy, but two of the three comedians were good and funny, but some material was repeated between the comedians.

Someone asked about the Serenity area. It was closed the first sea day due to wind. It was very crowded on sea days, but it was wide open at night and the hot tubs were pretty empty after 6:00. I had no problems getting a seat when coming back onboard from a port in the serenity area. Other seating options, on sea days there were always chairs available on deck 10 around the funnel area, both sun and shade (except our last sea day when they took them up for the medical evac.)

One last item, the CD and his staff were changing this week.

Thank you as well. My parents are going with us, and thye love the shows, but didn't love the playlist shows on their last cruise, so they will be happy about that. In fact they skipped the last couple because they felt the production quality was poor enough that they weren't worth attending.

Iguana has burritos and it is also a bar (tequilla I believe)

Is there a retractable roof pool? Yes

Any other tips or "must do's? spend an evening or two in the steakhouse. Best $35 per person you will ever spend.

Is the smoking area on Deck 10 the entire starboard side of the ship or just a certain area? We have the balcony room right by the outside door to Deck 10 and don't want to walk into a wall of smoke every time we walk outside. It won't ruin our vacation, but it will stink though (literally and figuratively)!

I believe from what I saw it was just midship to aft (rear). Shouldn't affect your balcony.