Has Anyone flown "Wanna Get Away" option on Southwest Airlines?

Feelin' Nauti'

Hi Zach1213,

If I were flying by myself I'm not sure I would purchase EB, or even an off flight on a Tuesday, Wed..,. Where I find it "a must" is during the holidays when you know the plane will be jammed with many people who don't fly very often.

My wife is a teacher, so we are limited to her schedule. Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years and Spring Break -- I always get the EB.

Another area it pays off is when you have a tight connection and you need to get off the plane so you can board the next flight. We had a 55 minute connection in HOU before boarding our flight to FLL -- the evening before winter break. Nice to be in a forward row!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

My wife and I flew Southwest on Christmas Eve. Sold out flight, no EB, ended up as B16 and B17, got the exact seats we wanted. But I did check in at exactly T-24:00.

But hey, everyone can do what they want with their money :)

You are not supposed to save seats; that's the whole point of having a numbered boarding order.... you get on when it's your turn and take whatever is left. Be aware if you try to save a seat, that anyone else boarding CAN sit there. If everyone in your party wants a choice seat, then EVERYONE should get EB and board early.

You've confused me. Flying on a weekday in October or flying on a Saturday in July.... either way the plane is likely to be full. Everyone gets a boarding number and lines up in that order, whether they are an experienced flyer or a first timer, so I'm not sure why EB matters more in one scenario than another. You either want to board early or you don't. :confused:

Hi Meg,

I've noticed that the inexperienced flyer in a family unit is more likely going to try and save seats. Experienced Southwest flyers know what to do when the enter the aircraft -- put their bag up and sit down. They don't gum up the boarding process. A bunch of frequent flyers and business folks, on a Monday morning can board a WN flight in ten minutes. The Sunday, after Thanksgiving, it can be a real Cluster ****!:)

First world problem for sure.

Kel