Local Village or Jack's Shack

CM2J2R2S

Sounds like Jack's is getting pricey and busy. Has anyone been to GT lately that can comment on these two places. We are leaning toward LV after all the recent reviews.

Ultimately, we want to sit on the beach, enjoy good food and drinks and if they happen to have stuff to do nearby, that is fine, too.

Local Village is closed. I think there's a new owner at the buildings and there are a couple of other spots along the walk between the cruise port and Jack's. Just take a walk and check them out and settle at one you like.

all you can do is take a walk down the beach , we were there in Nov and walked to Jacks, i hate the flys and bees there because of the juice in all of the drinks and never any seating... the first bar past Margarittaville has good fritters and beer. just walk it and see what works for you

Captain Hooks is located right before the LV which is now Barefoot Cantina. Had bucket of beer and cracked conch at Captain Hooks last December and Barefoot Cantina was just reopened and hear they have more to offer now. will be in Grank turk in one week and will give report when I get back. I also hope to get to the Sandbar in town and check it out. I am not a fan of Jacks so am always looking for other options.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there on Jan. 20th and I recall four beach bars down from Margaretville.

Jack's, beer was 3.00.

Island Jerk, beer was 3.00

Barefoot Cabana, beer was 6 for 20.00.

OceanScapes, offers massages, parasail, snorkeling, braids.

Was in Grand Turk January 22 and previous poster hit the nail on the head with the 4 bars starting with Captain Hook. I hit Barefoot Cantina and Island Jerk and enjoyed the local beer and my friend had a frozen drink at Barefoot Cantina and they used Jamaican overproof rum and it packs a punch but is good. I also went to Sandbar and had a few beers and cracked conch and it was pretty beach and not crowded but I would be happy with any of these as Jack's Shack and Margaretville are off my interest zone.

Are all of these places mentioned just lined up and down the beach after you get off the ship and past the port area?

What's the difference between all of them if they all share the same beach and area? Better prices? Better food?

How far are they all located from the port and each other?

Jack's Shack has the most AMAZING jerked chicken out there.

I mean this stuff is GOOOOOOOOOOD.:D:D:D

Yes, the drinks are a tad bit pricey, but the atmosphere is fun.

Topher the dog is a HOOT. He loves to dig......

You could always just go to Jacks for a couple of hours and then move on.

The island is small enough, that you can hit a few different places.

Enjoy!!!!!:D

Look up to post 7 to see the differences. And Local Village has been closed for quite some time.

Was your response directed toward my question? If so, post 7 doesn't answer anything for me. It only states beer is basically at every location. :p I don't drink beer, so that doesn't interest me. What's the difference in the facilities, surroundings, prices on lounge chairs and food? Do they offer anything else like kayaks and so on.

Jack's Shack has the most AMAZING jerked chicken out there.

I mean this stuff is GOOOOOOOOOOD.:D:D:D

Yes, the drinks are a tad bit pricey, but the atmosphere is fun.

Topher the dog is a HOOT. He loves to dig......

You could always just go to Jacks for a couple of hours and then move on.

The island is small enough, that you can hit a few different places.

Enjoy!!!!!:D

It sounds like a lot of people mention Jack's Shack on here. Do you recall any of the prices there?

The 1st three establishments on my list are just beach shacks, looking around the building I would not eat any meal there. That is why I only drink beer and water.:D Plus the ship's buffet is only 10 minutes away. :)

The 1st three establishments on my list are just beach shacks, looking around the building I would not eat any meal there. That is why I only drink beer and water.:D Plus the ship's buffet is only 10 minutes away. :)

Good point. I think we'll try to do the same...head back to the ship if we need to grab a bite to eat. We will require something to drink though. Any idea how much they normally charge for things like soda?