Changing cabins with family members-same category

We have 4 cabins in a row, same cat. But two are connecting rooms and two are not. The two that are not want to switch with the two that are (off spring with babies want connecting- so one adult could watch both sleeping babies). right now, Travel Agent can't switch without rebooking. Can they switch once on board?

Thanks!

We have 4 cabins in a row, same cat. But two are connecting rooms and two are not. The two that are not want to switch with the two that are (off spring with babies want connecting- so one adult could watch both sleeping babies). right now, Travel Agent can't switch without rebooking. Can they switch once on board?

Thanks!

No problem switching once on board. Just go to Guest Services and they will issue extra key cards.

Done it before personally. Just get a key card from guest services. One thing to think about, the credit card that was put on the room at check in is the one that will be charged, so you might need to get it switched if that's an issue with who is switching where. We didn't need to do that so I'm not sure how that part works.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Done it before personally. Just get a key card from guest services. One thing to think about, the credit card that was put on the room at check in is the one that will be charged, so you might need to get it switched if that's an issue with who is switching where. We didn't need to do that so I'm not sure how that part works.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I might be misunderstanding you. The credit card is tied to the folio number. It is irrelevant which room you are in. We sailed with my son and daughter-in-law. In order to take advantage of our D+ discount we booked my son with me and my DIL with my wife. We tied my wife's folio to my credit card and my DIL to may son's credit card on our set sail passes. When we got on board we simply went to Guest Services and had the SeaPasses re-keyed. But the charges all went to the credit card tied to the folio number on the SeaPass, not the cabin number.

One thing the OP might want to consider is putting the luggage tags on the luggage according to the room that the people will actually stay in, not the one they are booked in. That will save moving luggage.

I might be misunderstanding you. The credit card is tied to the folio number. It is irrelevant which room you are in. We sailed with my son and daughter-in-law. In order to take advantage of our D+ discount we booked my son with me and my DIL with my wife. We tied my wife's folio to my credit card and my DIL to may son's credit card on our set sail passes. When we got on board we simply went to Guest Services and had the SeaPasses re-keyed. But the charges all went to the credit card tied to the folio number on the SeaPass, not the cabin number.

One thing the OP might want to consider is putting the luggage tags on the luggage according to the room that the people will actually stay in, not the one they are booked in. That will save moving luggage.

I'm not sure what you mean by "folio". I know the definition is a book, but not sure how it's applied here, so I'm not sure I'm understanding. I just know that we had two connecting room, and my niece was planning to stay in the room with my kids, but opted to stay in my parent's room instead (grandparents would let her stay out later than I would, LOL), and when they went to guest services to switch sea pass cards (to get her a key to their room), they only had time to give her an additional sea pass card to my parent's room, but told her they didn't have time to change the charging from my credit card to my parents. Either way, she told me that they told her that she couldn't charge anything on the sea pass card that she had for my parent's room, she could only charge things on the card that she had for my kid's room, which had our credit card attached to it, along with our room. They told her to come back and they would fix it, either the systems were down or they were too busy at the time, I'm not sure which, but she never went back. Just want the OP to be aware of where the credit cards are attached.

Good point about the luggage. My niece had decided to do the switch before we got on board, so I had my parents print extra luggage tags and attach them to her luggage with their room number, even though she checked in to the port with us (since she was still on our room per the reservation). In fact, the system wouldn't print luggage tags for my husband and my room, only for the kid's room, so we had to print all of ours and tag to the kid's room.