Spring Break

liquorstore

What dates are considered "Spring Break"? We are going out April 11 and hope the crowds have thinned out by then...

You're good. Mid February is when all the Canadian universities are on break and US colleges are the entire month of March. Then you have Easter week the week before you leave. You picked a perfect week to avoid all the kids...enjoy!

Yep, April is so nice. Unfortunately Texas schools have testing in April or I'd pull my daughter out to avoid the Spring Break crowd. I'm hoping since Lousiana schools do spring break during Easter that going out of NOLA won't be so bad

We're going on a Spring Break cruise in March.

On our roll call thread, somebody warned us that they are taking a boatload of college cheerleaders (or was it drill team? Something along those lines) which of course, I'll have to drag DS away from. He luuuuurves pretty girls. LOL

We're on a six day out of Miami on Breeze which starts Easter Sunday... 4/5. Would this be considered spring break? Our roll call is mostly families which is fine with us, we just don't want the influx of rowdy college kids overtaking the ship.

Edited by Jetsgo

We're on a six day out of Miami on Breeze which starts Easter Sunday... 4/5. Would this be considered spring break?

The week of April 5th is Spring Break week for many Georgia counties (including the one we live in).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Spring Break season runs from early March through mid-April. Most people will think that their week of Spring Break is when the entire country is out for Spring Break, but that's not the case. It goes for about 6 or 7 weeks. Growing up where I'm at, I thought the whole country did Spring Break in mid to late March, until I started cruising. It should be pointed out that cruise & hotel rates sky-rocket in March, then go way down at the beginning of April. That's a clear indication that March is by far a more popular Spring Break time than April. Still, some parts of the country do have it in April.

I had an April 13th cruise that had tons of families on it. Almost every bed was filled, but almost everybody on board was from the Northeast part of the country. I should point out that contrary to popular opinion, these kids tend to be better behaved than adults.

Our schools here on Long Island are on spring break from 4/2-4/13. My son who goes to a local community college is on spring break from 3/28-4/6. Kind of hard to book a trip. Since college is more important, looks like my 3 in public school will miss a few days so we can go on the Breeze at the end of March :D

We are on the Glory March 22.....don't mind folks having fun but sure hope we don't have throwing up, passed out on deck cruisers....

If you get the typical Spring Break cruisers, you've got nothing to worry about. The drunken college crowd tend to go to beach hotel hot spots rather than cruises. The cruise tends to draw the family Spring Breakers. I've done both during Spring Breaks (March). The beach hotel scene was what you're talking about. I'd much rather do that in April-May or the fall. The Spring Break cruise was good, in March 2012 on the Magic. Although the adults that were there weren't getting drunk, they were all up at 6:00am, hogging 20 deck chairs per person. I couldn't ever get one until mid-afternoon. Only cruise I've had with a true chair hogging problem.

We are on the Glory March 22.....don't mind folks having fun but sure hope we don't have throwing up, passed out on deck cruisers....

In my experience, you have a better chance of seeing that kind of behavior from some older aged cruisers than from Spring Breakers. Yes, you will see packs of college aged kids roaming the ship together having fun, but not the cheap Spring Break-Girls Gone Wild behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be on the Liberty April 26. I did take spring break into consideration when I decided to cruise for my Birthday:)

I will be on the Glory April 25,15, spring break should be over for the all of the kids both College and high school so your April date will be perfect. Have fun!!!!!

Gary

"Spring Break" varies from school district to school district, state to state, university to university.

In general, spring break "Season" runs from Presidents week to Mid- to Late-April, depending on when Easter is in some cases.

If you want to avoid the spring break crowd, early May is always the best choice.

School break here in Massachusetts is 4/19-4/16. We are expecting lots of families on the Pride that week.

Time traveling?:p I think you meant 4/19-4/26 not 4/16

That seems a tad late given that Easter is two weeks before. But those dates are for K-12 school break not colleges. UMass, MIT and Harvard all have spring break in Mid March.

We're on a six day out of Miami on Breeze which starts Easter Sunday... 4/5. Would this be considered spring break? Our roll call is mostly families which is fine with us, we just don't want the influx of rowdy college kids overtaking the ship.

Almost no colleges will have Spring Break that late.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That is the week of Spring Break for most schools in South Florida. Just FYI. I think most colleges have Spring Break in early March.

Time traveling?:p I think you meant 4/19-4/26 not 4/16

That seems a tad late given that Easter is two weeks before. But those dates are for K-12 school break not colleges. UMass, MIT and Harvard all have spring break in Mid March.

:p:p

I wish I was time travelling, then when we got off the ship after a week, we'd only be three days away from getting back on again!! Sadly it was a typo...

We are on the Glory March 22.....don't mind folks having fun

but sure hope we don't have throwing up, passed out on deck cruisers....

Oh but think of the photo opportunities that can then be posted on facebook!

We're on Liberty for a quick 3-day trip from P.Rico to Barbados March 29th - April 1st.

AND I'm on facebook, so.......my Nikon could get real busy :D

Edited by Aplmac

We did a "spring break" cruise last year on the Fantasy out of Charleston mid March. I have to say when I booked I didn't think about college spring break, been a few years since i worried about that, that said we only had one very minor issue relating to the spring breakers and his buddies quickly removed him from the area. There were plenty of drunk college students around but it did not cause us stress. In fact as it has worked out we are sailing again on March 15th on Conquest - we just know that it is spring break this time.