Crown and Anchor Diamond Lounge?

bgrieve

Yes (unless it has run out of beans or the grounds need to be dumped - about the only time this is likely to be a problem is early morning before the staff arrives. I have figured out dumping the grounds, but the beans are usually locked up)

ENJOY

Thom

Thom,

Thanks!!!

Depends on how the ship handles the nightly Diamond event. If they follow previous guidelines and serve only champagne and wine, then a voucher would be needed for beer and mixed drinks. However, if the particular ship no longer follows the previous guidelines for drinks at the nightly Diamond event, then vouchers would not be needed.

By the way, this only applies to Jewel and Majesty anymore.

What about the Explorer?

What about the Explorer?

Explorer used the game and card rooms in the evening for Diamond drinks. Same selection of drinks as the other lounges.

If could be that our cruise was different because of the high numbers of C&A, but they had two other lounges each evening: the CL was for suites and D+, and the 19h hole was for gold card holders.

Explorer used the game and card rooms in the evening for Diamond drinks. Same selection of drinks as the other lounges.

If could be that our cruise was different because of the high numbers of C&A, but they had two other lounges each evening: the CL was for suites and D+, and the 19h hole was for gold card holders.

One of the things about having an area of the Viking Lounge for the DL was the view sitting in the lounge looking out the big expansive windows onto the evening/night sky -- especially as sunset came.

I will say on Allure, the DL overlooked the Promenade, which was interesting.....especially if you are a 'people watcher'.

One of the things about having an area of the Viking Lounge for the DL was the view sitting in the lounge looking out the big expansive windows onto the evening/night sky -- especially as sunset came.

I will say on Allure, the DL overlooked the Promenade, which was interesting.....especially if you are a 'people watcher'.

I agree, it's much preferable to have the lounge up in the VIking Crown area.

When we were on Allure, there were too many Diamonds on board to use the DL, so they used the Blaze venue. No outside views.

I agree, it's much preferable to have the lounge up in the VIking Crown area.

When we were on Allure, there were too many Diamonds on board to use the DL, so they used the Blaze venue. No outside views.

So I guess we were lucky on Allure. The DL never seemed to be too full - I was always able to get a table overlooking the Promenade. But I did miss gazing at the ocean. Overall it was a rather small venue compared to others.

Based on what you and others have described, I am looking forward to Indy's DL in a few weeks.

On our recent cruise The Maharaja's lounge was used for diamond club members and the Viking lounge was being used for diamond plus members.The cruiseline knows how many members are onboard and then decides which room or lounge to use.Our drink coupons were not honored at the martini bar because of the different blends of liquor that they use in each drink.Wine and simple drinks were accepted.

We enjoyed the nightly Diamond event on the Jewel on Deck 14 next to the VCL last May. The concerge was very nice and the views were great. We had a glass of wine and a nice assortment of hot and cold appetizers each evening before dinner.

Our next cruise is on the Oasis and we are hoping to enjoy the Damond Lounge there. The last I heard it was near the Dining room with an ocean view. I hope that is still the case in May.

Bob--always enjoy your posts. We are sailing on the Allure Nov 2015. We are not Diamond level yet, but, will be staying in a Grand Suite. Will we be allowed in that Diamond Lounge during happy hour, breakfast, etc? What are some of the other perks of Grand Suite? Is there something special in Labadee? We are Gold level and belong to the Crown & Anchor. Thanks.

Edited by zteamtwo

Bob--always enjoy your posts. We are sailing on the Allure Nov 2015. We are not Diamond level yet, but, will be staying in a Grand Suite. Will we be allowed in that Diamond Lounge during happy hour, breakfast, etc? What are some of the other perks of Grand Suite? Is there something special in Labadee? We are Gold level and belong to the Crown & Anchor. Thanks.

If you were sailing on Allure before dry dock, I would be more sure of the answers to your questions, however things might change.

Currently, you would not have access to the DL, but you would have access to the Concierge Lounge, which is much nicer than the DL on Allure. The CL offers the same nightly cocktail hour as the DL, however you would not get the 3 free drink vouchers for Diamond and above that could be used at other bars.

With regard to Labadee, you will have access to Barefoot Beach and the upgraded lunch buffet there. You will also have a shot at the cabanas at Barefoot, for which you will have to communicate with the Concierge to book.

Other perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Edited by clarea

• 3 months later...
Any diamond event on Majesty? Thinking of taking a 4 night trip in June and would like to know if I'll be able to enjoy nightly diamond drinks

Yes, Majesty has the 3 drinks per night for Diamond and above.

Any diamond event on Majesty? Thinking of taking a 4 night trip in June and would like to know if I'll be able to enjoy nightly diamond drinks

Your seapass will have the 3 drink vouchers on it each night....but they also have a section of the Viking Crown roped off for Diamond members where they will provide plates of appetizers. It is a nice atmosphere generally and you can look out over the pool deck or chat with other cruisers there. One evening they had a trivia for Diamond members up there during the cocktail hours -- it was fun.

• 3 weeks later...
Your seapass will have the 3 drink vouchers on it each night....but they also have a section of the Viking Crown roped off for Diamond members where they will provide plates of appetizers. It is a nice atmosphere generally and you can look out over the pool deck or chat with other cruisers there. One evening they had a trivia for Diamond members up there during the cocktail hours -- it was fun.

Thanks for the information! Looking forward to this quick getaway with my cousin and I'm sure we will enjoy our nightly cocktails. This will be the first time heading south in the summer so it will be interesting for sure.

OK. Having read all of the above can someone confirm if my understanding is correct. I wifi be on FOS. I can get three free drinks during Happy Hour at any bar. I can then go to the Diamond Lounge during the same happy hour and drink all I want. Then I can get up the next morning and go to DL and cure my hangover with free espresso and cappacino.

Not a big drinker so this won't happen but just wondering. First cruise on Rccl but Diamond by reciprocity with X.

OK. Having read all of the above can someone confirm if my understanding is correct. I wifi be on FOS. I can get three free drinks during Happy Hour at any bar. I can then go to the Diamond Lounge during the same happy hour and drink all I want. Then I can get up the next morning and go to DL and cure my hangover with free espresso and cappacino.

Not a big drinker so this won't happen but just wondering. First cruise on Rccl but Diamond by reciprocity with X.

Yes, you have it correct. Just a note that the drinks you get for "free" are basic, no blender drinks.

Edited by clarea