Ladies, what do you pack for 7 night Caribbean?

4 nights or less I do carryon only. 5 nights or more I do a checked sized bag. Usually pack the two of us (adults) in one bag for 7 nights. This includes what we consider dinner attire as we're not comfortable in jeans/shorts/tees in the dining room.

Am I the only one who packs 12 pairs of shoes?

For a 7 night cruise my husband and I have 2 checked bags between us. I probably use up more space than he does. Our toiletries take up a fair amount of space. Can't imagine using a carry on for 4 nights.

For a 7 night cruise my husband and I have 2 checked bags between us. I probably use up more space than he does. Our toiletries take up a fair amount of space. Can't imagine using a carry on for 4 nights.

Our daughter packed 14 pairs one cruise. It was a 7 day cruise.

If you don't care how many suitcases you have, the sky's the limit. If you are trying to keep to one bag (as I do) Here's what I bring: 3 bottoms (Skirts/capris/ long shorts) and several tops which coordinate.

one simple black dress with different wraps and jewelry for the elegant nights, 3 sundresses (I usually repeat one and wear one of the capri/skirt and top combinations on at least one of the nights) - a casual pashmina or wrap to wear with the sundresses. I limit shoes to 4 or 5 pair: strappy black or metallic sandals, casual sandals, walking sandals, and one or two pair of flip flops. Three bathing suits and a couple of coverups (I find a sarong very handy). PJ's. underwear. Jewelry. Toiletries.

Stick to a color scheme - The bottoms should be a solid, neutral color such as black, khaki, or navy and all the tops as well as the shoes should mix and match. Choose things that are comfortable, fit well, and that you enjoy wearing.

Everyone is different. I usually bring 4 or 5 pairs. I think I may have

brought 6 but that would be on the high end for me.

I am sure this looks like I have a tendency to overpack, so take from my opinion what you want! We fly in from Minnesota so I always have a large, checked bag as well as a carryon. Lucky for me we get free luggage check from Delta.

Most of our cruises have been 8+ nights so this is what I bring as far as clothing goes:

* 2 formal dresses and shoes that match, usually the same shoes for both

outfits, 1-2 pashmina wraps

* 3 swimsuits and 4 cover ups...this is what I live in during sea days, 2 pair

flipflops

* work out wear and shoes, socks too

* a couple of pairs of shorts or capris to wear when I come out of my suit,

shirts that coordinate with both pairs of bottoms.

* 3 dressy pants or capri bottoms with 4 coordinating tops, 2 dressy sandals

* I also pack 2 small wristlet bags to carry a lipstick and my sign and sail

during the evening.

Somehow I get it all in under the 50 pound Delta maximum. I have very seldom had clothes that didn't get worn while on vacation. Having a spreadsheet with all of my excursions, daily events helps plan what I am going to wear each day and that avoids packing too much.

I am leaving for the Caribbean in 3 weeks and have started planning my outfits already. I love having a spare room and closet for my dressy clothes...it makes all of this so much easier!

Happy travels everyone!

Deb

Before I begin, I'm probably an over-packer and like to be prepared for every situation. ;) I've tried taking the minimum and it's never turned out well. Tried it my last land trip and had to go out and buy some clothes because I ran short.

For land and sea trips, I take a day outfit and a night outfit for every day I'm going to be there plus 1 extra of each just in case. For instance, a 7 night cruise=1 travel outfit and 1 going home outfit. A day outfit and evening outfit for every night. I limit my shoes to 1 or 2 pairs of sandals for day and 1 pair of evening shoes that will match both formal dresses.

2 pairs of pjs, 2 bathing suits, cover up, watershoes, personal care items, jewelry to match mulitple outfits. I might take a hat, pashmina, or sweater also.

But hey--that's just me. :)

This is what I've copied and pasted from my packing list. I LOVE lists and I'm a little crazy so this is just my way of making sure I have what I know I'll wear and not a ton of "extra".

Clothing Items to Bring

• Dinner outfits 5 non formal nights

o Me :pink/blue maxi, grey polka dot dress, black maxi, jade green dress, NEED 1 MORE

o DH :3 polo shirts,2 nice short sleeved shirts

• 2 formal dinner outfits

o DH: 1 pair slacks/2 button down shirts

o Me :black criss cross dress, grey/green maxi

• Daytime outfits for 6 days on/off ship

o DH: Golf shorts, Khacki shorts, 7 tshirts, jeans

o Me: 3 Swimsuits/cover ups, Neon shorts, blue soccer shorts, Jeans (1 pair),5 tank tops

• Workout gear (black nike capris, 2 sports bras, 2 tops, sneakers)

• Shoes: Flip flops (both of us), Sanuks (DH) water shoes (me), nice sandals/flats (me)

• Sleeping: 2 pair athletic shorts (DH), tank tops/shorts 2 sets (me)

Underwear/under shirts/boxers/bras etc

we pack in a carry on bag each generally, for cruising and also for longer land based trips where we'll do laundry. We did a 20 day Europe trip a few yrs ago in a carry on each and a back pack

Edited by goolia719

I love clothes & I'm a messy eater... For our upcoming 14 night Caribbean & week prior in FL. I'm bringing

2pr silk pants (one black, one taupey bronze)

1 pr white pants

3 formal tops/jackets

1 black jumpsuit

3 pashmina/scarves

6 tops (I spill remember) for dinners - some worn next day

4 prs capris

6 casual tops

5 tank tops (that go under the casual tops)

3 bathing suits

Gauze pants & shirt (haven't decided white or black, have both)

Sun hats 1 black, 1 white

1 baseball cap

1 pr Teva sparkly sandals (evenings)

1 pr Keen water shoes

1 pr Oofo sandals (maybe 2 pr, they weigh nothing)

7 days worth of undies & bras, tshirt to sleep in (we do laundry 1/2 way thru)

On plane I'll wear

Black jeans

Black 3/4 sleeve slouch shirt (maybe a tank under)

Wild pattern scarf

Hot pink 3oz parka (hey, I live in CO)

Black Sketcher go walk shoes

Black cashmere socks

(Nude undies, in case suitcase doesn't arrive)

All fits with plenty of room in 24" wheeled case, usually weigh about 35lb. I could do it in carryon, but why bother

Sent from my iPad using Forums