9:50 am flight out of Miami doable?

SportsMomof4

That is kind of early. You can keep your luggage inside your cabin over night and be the first passengers off the ship if you can carry out all your luggage with you

But if the ship has trouble clearing customers if could be am issue. I would try a later flight out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

Doable - maybe.

Likely - doubtful.

Risky - you bet. :eek:

For a 9:50 flight out of MIA you need to be at check-in by 8:20 (and earlier is better if you've seen the TSA lines at MIA :(). With a 15+ minute cab ride from POM you would need to be clear of customs/immigration and #1 in the taxi line before 8:00.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

Please don't book that flight, you will be stressing the entire time.

We had an 11 a.m. flight out of MIA couple of weeks ago and got seriously delayed at customs when the ship arrived (we did self assist). We were in the cab by 9.15 and the lines at the check in kiosks at MIA almost gave me a heart attack. I'm never booking a flight before noon again.....

Do not look at what time your flight takes off. Look at what time you have to be at the AP to board. For a 9:50 flight you should be there by 8:30. It's a 1/2 hour drive & it takes about 1/2 hour to get off the ship. Still think you can do it? I don't.

Paying more money initially is still less of a headache then missing your early flight.

My recommendation is to take a flight at Noon.

I have arrived to Miami many times and you just never know what to expect. Too many variable from the ship arriving late, to a delay getting the ship cleared to a delay getting a taxi to major lines at Miami Airport.

Keith