On Silhouette

Orator

Currently on Silhouette. All is well with propulsion system. Only minor repairs like replacement of some tiles done in dry dock. Cellar Masters not changed and may not be changed since it's not doing well on Equinox. The Suite Restaurant will be installed while ship is cruising.

Currently on Silhouette. All is well with propulsion system. Only minor repairs like replacement of some tiles done in dry dock. Cellar Masters not changed and may not be changed since it's not doing well on Equinox. The Suite Restaurant will be installed while ship is cruising.

Orator - hope you and your DW have a lovely time on board. Interesting to hear your comments on GastroBar. Given what I have read, I think there were not enough wine offerings and a menu that didn't appeal to the masses that keeps it from being successful. Interesting, nonetheless. Take care and enjoy being at sea!! ;)

Thank you for this update! We sail next week and really looking forward to sailing on the Silhouette once again. Have an awesome first half of your cruise and bring her back with enough liquor and food for the rest of us...LOL.

Edited by rayison

Hi I'm going to be sailing next week .....I was wondering what construction is going on and it's Michael's club still open with all the beers from around the world

Michael's Club has been closed on Silhouette for several months now. It's only open as a Concierge service for Celebrity Suites and above. They were supposed to move the beer to Cellar Masters, but I don't think that happened either.

Hi I'm going to be sailing next week .....I was wondering what construction is going on and it's Michael's club still open with all the beers from around the world

Michael's club has been closed to the public and is now used as a suite only venue for Celebrity Suites and up as well as Zenith members for year.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Michael's Club has been closed on Silhouette for several months now. It's only open as a Concierge service for Celebrity Suites and above. They were supposed to move the beer to Cellar Masters, but I don't think that happened either.

We were on the Silhouette in December and there was a decent beer selection in Cellar Masters. On the left side when you enter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Orator - hope you and your DW have a lovely time on board. Interesting to hear your comments on GastroBar. Given what I have read, I think there were not enough wine offerings and a menu that didn't appeal to the masses that keeps it from being successful. Interesting, nonetheless. Take care and enjoy being at sea!! ;)

We were on Equinox 11/21/14 sailing and I thought that GastroBar was doing very well, not as busy as Martini Bar, but people were there all evening long.

Sillie in November had around 65 beers to choose from on the menu in cellar masters.

Sillie in November had around 65 beers to choose from on the menu in cellar masters.

Well, not during the Transatlantic. Maybe when they started their Caribbean runs.

On Summit last June when Michael's was also closed except to the high suites, the beer was supposedly moved to Cellar Masters -- I had the premium beverage package, and their selection was pi$$ poor. In fact, the Sommelier in there seemed to be insulted that they moved the beer up there. :eek:

Well, not during the Transatlantic. Maybe when they started their Caribbean runs.

On Summit last June when Michael's was also closed except to the high suites, the beer was supposedly moved to Cellar Masters -- I had the premium beverage package, and their selection was pi$$ poor. In fact, the Sommelier in there seemed to be insulted that they moved the beer up there. :eek:

Sommelier on Eclipse TA this spring was insulted about this as well.

We were on Equinox 11/21/14 sailing and I thought that GastroBar was doing very well, not as busy as Martini Bar, but people were there all evening long.

We were on the 11 day before this one, and the GastroBar had people sitting even when it was not open.

The additional charge food and beer paring event's sold out both times it was offered. It was not as 'hoppin' as the Martini Bar across the way, I think it was due to the attitude of a couple of the staff that worked there. Both new hires, with no idea of what life working on ship was really going to be like. They thought they would get to see the world!:D And not have to really work as hard.

ISABELLA -

Personally, I look forward to trying out the GastroBar for myself if/when I am on a ship where it is offered. My comments were only based on what I had been reading on hearing from those that came back to share their experiences here on Cruise Critic. As you know, this crowd does not in any way closely represent the masses that we see on the cruise ship.