Couple questions...

croozlady

Hi folks!

We are taking a couple of newbies with us on our upcoming Breeze cruise. We booked them in an interior across the hall from our cove because the wife is nervous about getting seasick, but we also split them and actually booked the wife in with me and my DD in the cove, and DH and her DH are booked into the interior, so they can do the Cheers if they want as us girls don't drink enough for it to be worth it, and they also got past guest pricing. I also purchased FTTF for both cabins, even though I am platinum, just to be sure we can all board together.

So questions:

1. After we purchase the Cheers (if they still decide to), then we should go to GS and get extra keys for each room? Those keys cannot charge though, right? So they will need to carry both with them? If we switch them at GS after we buy the Cheers, will they then say we need to purchase Cheers for everyone else too?

2. Will we all be able to check in together? The newbies are not English first language speakers (they speak Portuguese), so I don't want them to have any issues checking in and not being able to speak/read English well enough....

3. Lastly, we have a bit of OBC built up for our cove. Since our friend is actually going to be in the interior, and is going to be on a cash check in basis, what happens to the OBC that will show as hers? It should really stay with DD, DH and myself in the cove. Do we have to go to GS and have them move it all over to my folio # as all 3 of our charges will be going on my CC anyway?

Does that even make sense? I feel like I just rambled on...

TIA!

Hi folks!

We are taking a couple of newbies with us on our upcoming Breeze cruise. We booked them in an interior across the hall from our cove because the wife is nervous about getting seasick, but we also split them and actually booked the wife in with me and my DD in the cove, and DH and her DH are booked into the interior, so they can do the Cheers if they want as us girls don't drink enough for it to be worth it, and they also got past guest pricing. I also purchased FTTF for both cabins, even though I am platinum, just to be sure we can all board together.

So questions:

1. After we purchase the Cheers (if they still decide to), then we should go to GS and get extra keys for each room? Those keys cannot charge though, right? So they will need to carry both with them? If we switch them at GS after we buy the Cheers, will they then say we need to purchase Cheers for everyone else too? Cabin keys are not to be used for charging or for identification. You are only getting cabin keys-- not switiching around rooms.

2. Below

3. Lastly, we have a bit of OBC built up for our cove. Since our friend is actually going to be in the interior, and is going to be on a cash check in basis, what happens to the OBC that will show as hers? It should really stay with DD, DH and myself in the cove. Do we have to go to GS and have them move it all over to my folio # as all 3 of our charges will be going on my CC anyway?

Visit the Guest services after dinner the first night. its less crowded but make sure you are using the platinum line and not the regular line. Get your cabin keys-- and then ask the OBC to be put into your DD name. Or have your friend go to the kiosk located there-- take out that money and give it to you and then when you get your keys-- put it on your DD account.

TIA!

cancel your FTTF as you do not need it since you are platinum. Everyone in your cabin will beboarding with you.

Since you purchased FTTF for the other cabin they can check in with you.

I can't answer all of your questions, but can tell you normally it doesnt matter who stays in what room. We booked 2 rooms for the 4 of us (all the same family) and had the girls in one room and the boys in the other. When we got on board, we just got extra keys and had my husband and I in one room and my son and daughter in the other. Where it is going to get tricky with you guys, if you still want to do the CHEERS program, is trying to get the portfolio's straightened out and seperated. Ours was no problem becuase all 4 of us were coming out of the same pocket.

what you could do, but it would take be dilegence, is keep the booking the way you have it, and just get extra keys to both rooms and give the extra keys to the ones that are 'moving'. Do not tell guest services that you are switching rooms or anything, just that you want an extra key for each room. Then, every time you use the sign and sail card for any purchases, only use ONE card for each room. So if your DH is suppose to be in room 1 and you are suppose to be in room 2, ONLY use your DH's card for purchases. Your friends should do the same. ONLY use the s/s card of the person assigned to that room.

As far as embarking together, you 'should ' be able to , however, it will be by ROOM, so at the very worse, your DH and friend will be together and you and the wife will be together, so language barrier problem solved.

. So if your DH is suppose to be in room 1 and you are suppose to be in room 2, ONLY use your DH's card for purchases. Your friends should do the same. ONLY use the s/s card of the person assigned to that room.

When you do the online check in you do the Credit card hold on each person. The person in your room== her account is NOT going into your account but her own.

Each cabin has a folio and each person has a number.

the folio # is listed on the sign and sail card.

the problem i see-- is if you have different cabin stewards

the tip for the kids should be in the room where the steward is doing the work

Edited by serene56

Ok, so as I see it I should:

1. Go to GS night 1 after Cheers has been purchased and just get extra room keys. (Do they look differently than the S&S cards?) Also have them move the OBC to my folio only.

2. Hopefully we can all check in together as DH is also not English first language. Worst case I help them if they need it before or after my room is checked in...

3. Cancel FTTF for my room. That will be credited back to my CC, not as OBC, correct?

4. Relax and enjoy!

Thanks for all the help!

Oh yeah, tips have been prepaid and are correct per cabin:

There are 3 people in the cove and 2 in the interior, so stewards should be properly compensated there. Plus we always tip extra at the end... they work so hard and do such a great job!

And the folios should be OK, I did the online check in for all of us. Myself, DH and DD are on my CC and DF and her DH are on cash accounts. So whatever they spend should go on their folios, not mine.

Am I missing anything else? Sorry... never had to do the room split before...

Ok, so as I see it I should:

1. Go to GS night 1 after Cheers has been purchased and just get extra room keys. (Do they look differently than the S&S cards?) Also have them move the OBC to my folio only.

Actually, you can have S&S cards reprogrammed so that DH's S&S card work for your cabin door and friend's will work for her door. No need to bother with extra keys. Definitely go after you've purchased Cheers.

2. Hopefully we can all check in together as DH is also not English first language. Worst case I help them if they need it before or after my room is checked in...

Is DH Platinum also? If so, then all will be able to check in together.

Now, depending on port, we've seen FTTF check in and wait in an area separate from Platinum/Diamond. If that is the case, you can wait to embark with your friends in the FTTF area.

3. Cancel FTTF for my room. That will be credited back to my CC, not as OBC, correct?

Definitely cancel FTTF for your cabin. The refund should be credited to your CC, but it might take a few days.

4. Relax and enjoy!

You will!

Thanks for all the help!

Oh yeah, tips have been prepaid and are correct per cabin:

There are 3 people in the cove and 2 in the interior, so stewards should be properly compensated there. Plus we always tip extra at the end... they work so hard and do such a great job!

That they do!

And the folios should be OK, I did the online check in for all of us. Myself, DH and DD are on my CC and DF and her DH are on cash accounts. So whatever they spend should go on their folios, not mine.

Correct.

Am I missing anything else? Sorry... never had to do the room split before...

We've done the room split twice already, that's how I knew about reprogramming S&S cards. Your DH and your roommate need to go to Guest Services together. The whole process took mere minutes.

Also, I don't quite understand what you mean about the obc situation. When DH and I booked a cruise with friends, I booked my girl friend with me and DH booked roomie's DH with him. DH and I each had obc, which stayed on his folio so when we switched rooms it was still there.

Have a great cruise.

Cruised the Breeze in February - I too am Platinum and booked my husband in a separate room (so he could get Cheers). We were a group of 2 adults and 3 kids, so I split me & DH for booking. I decided to go the extra key route just to be sure I wouldn't end up getting charged for Cheers. (for sleeping it was me, DH & DD in 1 room, DS and DS friend in the other)

FYI - FTTF checks in on a different level than Platinum (at least it did in February). I bought FTTF for DH's room - he had to go up a level to check with with 2 kids, and I checked in on the 1st level with 1 kid. I asked the woman working at the door to the Platinum lounge if I could go upstairs to join them after I checked in; she checked to see how "busy" the Platinum lounge was and told them to come back down after checking in at FTTF. So we all waited in Platinum lounge and were lined up to board together (all looked good til entrance at gangway and DD's card, given at Platinum check-in, wouldn't "ding"! 30 minutes later they got her card fixed, along with about a dozen others that were messed up at Platinum check-in!!!)

Ugh, I already cancelled one of the FTTFs.... I hope we won't be split on separate levels!

Well, I can't stress about it, I'm way too stressed about work to add vacation stress on to!

This vacation is to decompress....... Gotta breathe!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app via my iPad, pardon the typos!