Has anyone ever been... (Take in the Vista Weekend)

Speed.oh

On the drive home from work today, I heard an ad on the radio for Carnival Cruise Lines’ “Take in the Vista Weekend” coming up in NYC in a little over a week. All I could find about the event online was the below press release posted in a couple of different outlets. It looks interesting (and it's free!) but there isn't much information and I was wondering if anyone has ever been to a similar event and had any info or tips...

Carnival Cruise Lines’ “Take in the Vista Weekend”

"Ready to escape the winter cold? Get a special “on land” preview of Carnival Vista, Carnival Cruise Lines’ newest, largest and most innovative ship, before it debuts in New York in 2016. At Carnival’s free, family-friendly “Take in the Vista Weekend” event guests can explore and experience recreations of some of the new vessel’s exciting spaces and features on land! Attendees will enjoy complimentary food, activities and fun for all, with a chance to win one of many cruise vacation giveaways throughout the day.

Kids will be entertained by Seuss-a-Palooza performances from Carnival’s exclusive Seuss at Sea program complete with the Cat in the Hat and other favorite characters, as well as face painting, crafts, games, and delicious treats. Adults can sample complimentary foods and signature Carnival cocktails from Carnival Vista’s key dining and bar venues as they daydream about panoramic ocean views and warmer climes on board."

Source

I'll probably check it out since... why not? Just wondering if anyone had any advice or experiences from similar events worth sharing...

From John Heald's page that starts with an F:

Hi Everyone!

Long time no talk. Hope everyone is doing well. As you’ve probably heard we’re hosting a preview of the all new Carnival Vista in New York City on Saturday January 24th from 10 am – 5 pm, which is open to the public. Now, what you probably don’t know is that we’re having a private invite only special event that night at 7 pm. Our very own John will be hosting this really fun night including a complimentary tasting from some of our most popular restaurants and bars as well as some new ones you’ve never experienced before. Because you’re all loyal fans of Carnival and the best cruise director in the biz we’d like to give you a chance to attend our fun night. Here are some event details:

Where: Jazz at Lincoln Center – (Columbus Circle on the Upper West Side in Manhattan)

When: Saturday, January 24th at 7:00PM

Attire: Cruise Casual

Transportation to NYC and the Jazz Center will not be provided

And here’s how you could snag an invite:

- Tell us why you want to ‪#‎TakeInTheVista‬ with John and Carnival in NYC on January 24th

- Email your response to socialnetworking@carnival.com by Thursday, 1/15 Midnight

We'll notify winners via email by Monday, 1/19.

Good Luck and hopefully we’ll see you soon!

Stephanie the Beard

Being Platinum cruisers and residing in New York, my hubby & I received an invite. I was so excited until I read it was on January 24th, the day we are returning from our cruise on the Sunshine. Wish we could have attended. It sounds great!! Well, maybe next time

Can't attend the day affair - but sent in an e-mail for the p.m. one. After 16 CCL cruises, (and 120 sea days) I would think one of the 4 of us would get an invite - but nothing! It would be an easy trip into the city for us. Keeping fingers crossed we hear something!

Im excited to see what is going to be new etc. I know I'm probably wishing for too much but if they do 6 person family rooms, I would be so excited. Having 4 small kids gets pricey with two rooms.

I asked for an invite for the evening. We shall see.

On the drive home from work today, I heard an ad on the radio for Carnival Cruise Lines’ “Take in the Vista Weekend” coming up in NYC in a little over a week. All I could find about the event online was the below press release posted in a couple of different outlets. It looks interesting (and it's free!) but there isn't much information and I was wondering if anyone has ever been to a similar event and had any info or tips...

Carnival Cruise Lines’ “Take in the Vista Weekend”

"Ready to escape the winter cold? Get a special “on land” preview of Carnival Vista, Carnival Cruise Lines’ newest, largest and most innovative ship, before it debuts in New York in 2016. At Carnival’s free, family-friendly “Take in the Vista Weekend” event guests can explore and experience recreations of some of the new vessel’s exciting spaces and features on land! Attendees will enjoy complimentary food, activities and fun for all, with a chance to win one of many cruise vacation giveaways throughout the day.

Kids will be entertained by Seuss-a-Palooza performances from Carnival’s exclusive Seuss at Sea program complete with the Cat in the Hat and other favorite characters, as well as face painting, crafts, games, and delicious treats. Adults can sample complimentary foods and signature Carnival cocktails from Carnival Vista’s key dining and bar venues as they daydream about panoramic ocean views and warmer climes on board."

Source

I'll probably check it out since... why not? Just wondering if anyone had any advice or experiences from similar events worth sharing...

This stood out the most to me after folk were talking about where she will be based.

Will it be a mini season in NY then onto a bigger cruise port in Florida? Or just one cruise from NY? Who knows?

Edited by Velvetwater

There are 2 events.

One is open to the public from 10 to 5, and another is either invite or lottery through their social media department.

All the info for both events are on John Healds Facebook page.

There are THREE events in total.

Friday evening is an invitation only travel agent preview.

Sounds OK I guess. Free food & drinks is always fun BUT its not actually ON the ship. The press release says one can "experience recreations of the new vessels exciting spaces and features." Thru what? Videos?

Definitely sounds like fun but I am also wondering if it's not on the actual ship, what will be seeing? Would love to know if anyone has any info on this. Thanks!!

I would be surprised if schedules are not discussed as well.

Previous poster asked "if it's not on the ship, what will be seeing." The event discusses how you will be able to experience what the new ship will offer without being on the physical ship. Simulations and renderings fit this. Itineraries would be included in this description if they were to simulate what we would see in European ports of call.

Previous poster asked "if it's not on the ship, what will be seeing." The event discusses how you will be able to experience what the new ship will offer without being on the physical ship. Simulations and renderings fit this. Itineraries would be included in this description if they were to simulate what we would see in European ports of call.

Was not arguing with you. My bet is that U S home port might be "simulated" in discussion as well.

For us mere mortals that aren't fortunate enough to make it to NY this weekend, when and where will all the information be available. It may sound silly because I am sure the info will be all over the net.

I guess what I am really asking is how quick the Carnival web site have the deck plans posted?

Tom

For us mere mortals that aren't fortunate enough to make it to NY this weekend, when and where will all the information be available. It may sound silly because I am sure the info will be all over the net.

I guess what I am really asking is how quick the Carnival web site have the deck plans posted?

Tom

Trust me I fall below the mortal high water mark. I still feel most info will come out in the Thursday news conference. Anything not out that I learn on Friday night will be posted here.

My guess is that Carnival dot com will have all info within the day.