Current 1 day Passes All Inclusives in Cozumel

dogsambam

Going to Cozumel on the Oasis in March. We usually go to Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos. Love both, but may want a change. We do not want a huge crowd, any other suggestions? We would rather a hotel, then Playa Mia, chanakunab, or Paradise Beach. Any suggestions?

Going to Cozumel on the Oasis in March. We usually go to Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos. Love both, but may want a change. We do not want a huge crowd, any other suggestions? We would rather a hotel, then Playa Mia, chanakunab, or Paradise Beach. Any suggestions?

Cozumel Watersports or Island Marketing will give you an idea of which hotels currently offer day passes. You can either purchase through them or email directly to hotel to find out what walk-up rate would be. In many instances day packages can be purchased on the day in the lobby.

Also try Resort for a day website although I have generally found their rates to be more expensive.

You'll be docking at the International Pier. Right next door is El Cid dela Ceiba and just on the other side of that is the Park Royale . Both have day passes. And both have websites with information. Beaches aren't the same as the western beaches to the south but less crowded. I don't believe Chank ahs A.I. and there's an entrance fee just to get in. Depending on the number of ships in Chank, Playa Mia and Paradise Beach (the latter too very similar in amenities to Mr. Sanchos) will all be crowded. Playa Mia gets many of the ships' beach excursions.

Papitos is a new AI beach club option that we are considering for our next trip to Coz.

John, has your research found you can do this on your own? I thought it was primarily a cruise line excursion and seemed a bit pricy to me, but I didn't factor in the taxi or eco-park entrance fee into a comparable AI rate like at Mr Sanchos or Nachi.

John, has your research found you can do this on your own? I thought it was primarily a cruise line excursion and seemed a bit pricy to me, but I didn't factor in the taxi or eco-park entrance fee into a comparable AI rate like at Mr Sanchos or Nachi.

I think it used to be a cruise ship excursion but seems to be under new management and is now something you can do independent. I haven't yet visited under the new system but this is what I have learnt from my research:

Since the new beach club openened they seem to be playing about with the pricing strategy, trying to test the market I guess. They have changed from advertising just AI to now offering different packages with/without food, with/without transportation, with/without snorkeling etc. giving you more flexibility to customize. The pricing system presently, which needs to be booked through a third party, is rather complicated and does take some understanding since some options have time restraints and others don't, but they do answer emails and try to address problems and explain. Personally, I think they need to simplify the pricing system and take out the variations for different sized groups, so people know what they are getting.

Like you, I also feel the excursion is expensive but we don't generally do AI when we are cruising only on land vacations but that is a personal decision. I am more inclined to do it now you can pick the options you want. As to whether the price is justified as you say, you do need to take into account the extra distance compared to the regular beach clubs, and therefore greater transport costs, and the additional amount per person for the entrance fee to the National Park. There is the added concern about return transportation from this location compared with the ease of getting a taxi back from any of the regular beach clubs. They seem to be using a figure of $80 for return transport, as being the rate for taking a taxi for about 5 hours which of course would cover up to 4 people. therefore the rate on the website appears high for parties of 1 or 2 but more reasonable for bigger groups. However, what I haven't ascertained is, if the taxi is actually yours to use for the 5 hours (wheher the driver is yours for 5 hours) if for example you decided you didn't want to stay, the weather turned bad and you wanted to leave early, you wanted to visit other places on the east side.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been researching Papitos as well as we did Paradise Beach last time and it was ok, but not great. We have a group of 20 and so I have been emailing back and forth to see if we could get our own transportation and stay longer, but it appears that the best financial option is to book thru shoreexcursioneer dot com Cozumel Punta Sur Marine Park Snorkel and Papitos Beach Break which provides transportation. Oops - just realized the reason it is cheap for us is the number of people. Maybe you can post on your roll call and get others to join just to reduce the cost? Anyway, all of the independent transportation options I looked at seem cumbersome and just as expensive if not more. We were trying to maximize our time there but they do say you get 3.5 hrs (plus travel time) so then we can just explore the port area when we get back.

Let us know what you decide. We are on Navigator's June 7th cruise if you want to join our group!

Have you tried shoreexcursioneer.com? They offer several all inclusive resorts in Cozumel. In fact, we are booking the Occidental Grand while we are in port.