Broadway, Central Park Balcony cabins. Thoughts??

CTMak

We are looking at a family cruise, Europe, on Allure of the Seas and are thinking either Broadway or Central Park balcony staterooms for the kids. Any thoughts? Noise? One versus the other?

Thanks

CTMak

I've only stayed in an ocean view balcony while aboard Oasis, to be honest an ocean view is the only place where I really see the value of spending extra money. I've only heard of negative reviews about the Central Park/Boardwalk balcony cabins because of noise and privacy concerns. Maybe go with an inside/inside ocean view cabin instead and spend the money saved on a drink package!

They qualify for balcony discounts and are usually priced less than an ocean view balcony room; so if you are a C&A member they COULD price out to be less than an interior or regular oceanview (non balcony).

It's always nice to have a little extra space to sit outside but the Central Park rooms do nothing for me and only B1's (Boardwalk closer to Aquatheater) holds any appeal at all.

If I was cruising in Europe it would be an oceanview balcony or just save the money altogether. Only my opinion.

I've stayed in an ocean view and a Central Park view balcony on Allure. Both times we had two connecting rooms and we opened the balcony divider to have one large balcony.

First time on Allure we went with a Central Park balcony because with Crown and Anchor discounts it was cheaper than even an interior stateroom. We were on deck 12 and it was very quiet. The privacy issue was minimal to us, just close the curtain. We ate breakfast on the balcony every morning.

On our second Allure cruise we had an ocean view balcony, again on deck 12. For our cruise these rooms were about $300 more per person. $1200 for the 4 of us was a lot for an ocean view. The ocean view is really great and we enjoyed watching us pull into port and pull out of port. We tried to eat breakfast on the balcony but it was very hot compared to the Central Park balcony. In the early morning Central Park is in the shade and on our cruise cooler. Our ocean view balcony always seemed to have that low morning sun beating down on us. Both our Allure cruises we in the winter months.

I can't really say what I would do again. They are both great. A CP balcony is great if you can get it cheaper than an interior stateroom. Ocean view is great if you can afford it.

For what it's worth we're booked in a neighborhood balcony guarantee for our March cruise on Oasis, but we may upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Jmillsarch

Our favorite, moreso than plain ole balconies, are the Boardwalk and always select towards the aft. So if you find yourself out on the balcony (its a busy ship to be in your cabin much), but you have the fun of the activities on the boardwalk, the zip line passengers flying by, the aqua theater AND plenty of ocean to see (if you are back enough). Honestly it is our fav.