passengers in same cabin but different card levels

3yorkies

I am emerald on RCCL, but my friend cruising with me is going on her first RCCL cruise on Oasis next month. I know they board in Port Everglades by card level. Does that mean she cannot board with me unless I wait for the bottom level? Or can she go with me to the Emerald area since we are in the same cabin? I have searched both this board and the RCCL website and see no answer to this one.

TIA, Pat R

I am emerald on RCCL, but my friend cruising with me is going on her first RCCL cruise on Oasis next month. I know they board in Port Everglades by card level. Does that mean she cannot board with me unless I wait for the bottom level? Or can she go with me to the Emerald area since we are in the same cabin? I have searched both this board and the RCCL website and see no answer to this one.

TIA, Pat R

The port people usually let your party stay together. If for some reason they won't let your friend stay with you, then just stay with her. The difference is not a big deal.

TIA, Pat R

There have been a few times where we, as platinum members, got in the "regular" line because it was shorter. The Platinum/Diamond lines are not always the shortest. Make sure you check before you get in line.

I am a Diamond level on RCCL and traveled with my sister last summer (her first cruise on RCCL). She accompanied me to all events and into Diamond lounge and no one even asked about her status. Keep your friend with you and if anyone asks, just flash your card with the higher status, smile and thank every employee you meet and have contact with - most likely no one will bother either of you.

Have fun!

I am a Diamond level on RCCL and traveled with my sister last summer (her first cruise on RCCL). She accompanied me to all events and into Diamond lounge and no one even asked about her status. Keep your friend with you and if anyone asks, just flash your card with the higher status, smile and thank every employee you meet and have contact with - most likely no one will bother either of you.

Have fun!

You were very lucky with taking her into the DL...each concierge knows exactly who should be in there and who shouldn't.

Many of them even study the SeaPass pictures so they'll know their guests by sight.

But, as always, the way and how each concierge decides to enforce policy and run their lounge is strictly up to them based on several factors once at sea, and can change from cruise to cruise.

Glad you and your sister enjoyed the cruise :)