Outgoing immigration passenger cards Australia

Exactly.

Spending

Kids

Inheritance,

Eroding

Retirement

Savings.:D

No they dont mind you spending your own funds - its the Centrelink recipients who have travel restrictions that are on watch lists - especially when they have a nice combination of a Child Support debt :)

No they dont mind you spending your own funds - its the Centrelink recipients who have travel restrictions that are on watch lists - especially when they have a nice combination of a Child Support debt :)

Well it is welfare support for living expenses and not holidays.

Slightly off topic, personally I don't book through TA's, I am my own, but I used to get my outgoing passenger cards by calling in to the local high street TA. Now the high street TA's tell me they can no longer acquire the cards, you have to get them at the airport/port etc. Anybody else experienced that?

I always like to fill in the cards and whack them in the passports as part of the travel documentation.

Me too, much better than trying to fill them out in a crowd. We asked the TA we booked our flights through for cards and they told us the same thing. I picked some up at Canberra Airport but they were old ones (last year so only a couple of months and had no problem). I collected some extra this year at Sydney but am about to run out.

• 1 month later...

I was unaware centrelink recipients were given travel restrictions?

What kind of data matching do these agencies take?

Well it is welfare support for living expenses and not holidays.

What difference does it make if they spend it on a holiday? The amount is not very much anyway, and if they want to budget hard so they can enjoy a holiday who are we to say they aren't allowed? Of course, the unemployed should not be paid while they are away because they are supposed to be looking for work but why not the aged pensioners and disabled?

I was unaware centrelink recipients were given travel restrictions?

What kind of data matching do these agencies take?

What difference does it make if they spend it on a holiday? The amount is not very much anyway, and if they want to budget hard so they can enjoy a holiday who are we to say they aren't allowed? Of course, the unemployed should not be paid while they are away because they are supposed to be looking for work but why not the aged pensioners and disabled?

Sorry for delayed response - have been in Antarctica.

If you read the fine print of each C'link benefit you will see which ones permit overseas travel and which do not. For some it is a very specific condition, for others it is permitted but they do have to notify C'link prior to each trip.

Data matching - obviously I cant spell out exactly what is shared between govt agencies and the private sector (ie banks) but suffice to say - I (in my various roles) have access to your bank accounts, your incoming and outgoing flight/sailing details, your C'link and CSA data, your vehicles registration history, your phone/gas/power bills history, your property sale and purchase history, your electoral roll history, your super fund history, your investment/share portfolio history, your ASIC history and more - and thats all instant. Plenty more available to me upon written request within 24 hours.

So I have flags set up for certain clients and as soon as the data from arrivals and departures cards are scanned (multiple times per day) I get immediate notification and know that a client is trying to leave the country or arriving - and I can request AFP to go and collect them - and yep we have done that straight off the gangway of cruise ships :)

Centrelink restrictions for those interested - it started on 1st Jan this year. If you had booked and fully paid for your overseas trip before a certain date you would have been exempted or if you are travelling due to a relative's ill health there are exemptions.

Aged Pensioners no restrictions on time out of Australia they still get their payments.

Disability Pensioners - they can only receive up to 4 weeks payment when overseas - and that is total for the 12 months. ie spend 6 weeks on a cruise then you only get 4 weeks payment. Then maybe overseas for another 2 weeks later in the year then no payment for that 2 weeks out of the country.

Any other Centrelink Payments I can't comment on but they are even more restrictive - and I am only passing on the info not getting into any discussion.

PerfectlyPerth and Kate59. I do believe we both have much in common ;)

Kate59, i take it by restrictions you mean they wont receive payment, not an actual Departure Prohibition Order?