Carrying On Luggage

LzyCruiser_NWA

Would it be any issue for us to carry on our luggage ourself at embarkation in san juan?

We're practicing for europe so we're only doing 1 carry on each and seems easier to just wheel it onto the ship and to our room for us since we're headed there directly (flight arrive @ 1:30PM)

You can carry on everything if you like. Just remember that you need to take it everywhere with you until your cabin is ready. If you flight arrives at 1:30 in San Juan you likely can take your bags directly to your room.

If it's small and will fit through the scanner, should be no problem.

I do take issue with the folks who choose to bring their very large baggage on board with them. Embarkation days are very crowded, the elevators are overworked and very packed, and I find it rude to lug multiple full sized suitcases around. However, lots of people don't seem to mind.

If it's small and will fit through the scanner, should be no problem.

I do take issue with the folks who choose to bring their very large baggage on board with them. Embarkation days are very crowded, the elevators are overworked and very packed, and I find it rude to lug multiple full sized suitcases around. However, lots of people don't seem to mind.

Ours are carry on size for aircraft so I don't think they'd quite meet your standard of the full size luggages :P

Ours are carry on size for aircraft so I don't think they'd quite meet your standard of the full size luggages :P

No, that sounds very reasonable. On our last cruise, there was a couple with extra large suitcases dragging them everywhere, I have no idea how they even got them on board. They were obviously struggling with them, and moreso in the crowds. That's what I was referring to.

Edited by CathyCruises

Would it be any issue for us to carry on our luggage ourself at embarkation in san juan?..)

We only take a carry on roller bag and backpack each.

It works great.

Remember when you leave san juan, first thing u do when get to the airport is put ALL your bags through the Ag Inspection machines.

Have great cruise!

We always take our carry-ons with us when we board. We do have other luggage, but this gives us a chance to at least unpack something. You should have no problem and unless there is some type of special delayed boarding situation (not likely) you should be able to go right to your cabin.

ps

I am impressed! I have cut down packing a lot over the years, but not sure I could make do with just a carry-on unless I did casual dinners each day.

No, that sounds very reasonable. On our last cruise, there was a couple with extra large suitcases dragging them everywhere, I have no idea how they even got them on board. They were obviously struggling with them, and moreso in the crowds. That's what I was referring to.

Hi, :) we definitely weren't that couple, our luggage is small enough to be considered carry on by airlines that go by overall measurements... but I can tell you how something like that happens.

Last cruise, out of Civ. we ended up inadvertently carrying on :)

We've cruised out of Rome multiple times now, & know the drill, but somehow, we both bypassed the luggage drop off, ended up inside the tent inline to fill out the health form, when we realized we both had our suitcases & back packs on... we were so comfortable with our bags, we literally forgot we had them. :D

Luckily, our luggage fit thru the belt scanners just fine, our cabin attendant was kind enough to let us drop off our bags as it was only 11:30 or so & they hadn't shut the hall doors yet.

So to the OP, if you travel moderately light, it's not a problem.