Speciality showers in Aqua

midwestchick

It's the same shower but instead of a showerhead, it's a special spa panel that has a handheld showerhead plus 6 (or 8) body jets. You can turn on either the showerhead or body jets alone or both at the same time. Personally I always found that the jets seem to hit me in all the "wrong places" no matter how much I adjusted them! Probably because you're still in a tiny shower stall that forces you to be 2 inches from the panel. So after a while I just used the showerhead.

It's the same shower but instead of a showerhead, it's a special spa panel that has a handheld showerhead plus 6 (or 8) body jets. You can turn on either the showerhead or body jets alone or both at the same time. Personally I always found that the jets seem to hit me in all the "wrong places" no matter how much I adjusted them! Probably because you're still in a tiny shower stall that forces you to be 2 inches from the panel. So after a while I just used the showerhead.

I was hoping the stall was larger also. I'm pretty short, so hard telling where those body jets would hit me. Thanks for the reply.

Here is a photo of the shower on Andrew Depping's cruise ship photo site:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=108&pid=2894#top_display_media

Thank you, Larry. I just showed this to DH...he thought it looked pretty cool. I'll of course give it a try...although I much prefer a nice, hot soaking bath.

There is a video of our Aquq Class room in my signature below. It should show the shower.

It's one of the things I love about the AQ cabins. Love those jets and the removable shower head. I liked the removable head so much my Sweetie bought dual shower heads for home. One is removable!

Edited by Chitown12562

Doesn't Concierge Class get an upgraded shower of some sort? I assume it's different.

When they first introduced CC cabins on the M class ships around 2004 one of the features was an upgraded shower head but I don't recall there being much of a difference from other cabins. One nice feature on the M class ships is that all the cabins had handheld shower heads.

In any event that feature, along with a lot of other CC features, disappeared over the years. On the S class ships the Concierge Class cabins have identical showers to all the cabins in categories below CC (inside to veranda). And none of them have handheld showers. Aqua is the first category that has any different shower features on S class.

Edited by Lsimon

On the Summit?

The spa on Summit is nice, but it is nowhere near as nice as the ones on S class - no heated loungers for sure. I do not use much else so need someone else to comment on that. At the same time, Blu on Summit was head and shoulders nicer than on S class - more spacious, more seats by the windows. We had wonderful waiters in December and great food. Our best AQ experience yet Blu-wise.

The showers on M class are unfortunately still small - there is no curtain but if you are a person of size you will feel squeezed for sure

Was in AQ (first time) for our Equinox sailing. I thought the showerhead/panel was a good concept but poor design - or maybe ours wasn't working properly. Just didn't get enough water pressure in the lower jets. I loved the rain shower showerhead. At 6' 4", I did appreciate that there was shower doors instead of a curtain - but there was still not a lot of room. Much like a phone booth from the 1970's.