Review Of Regal Cruise Jan 4-11 (with pics)

Happy2Crews

we're considering Regal Princess in April (after 38 cruises with RCI), what I couldn't find on the website was how much are gratuities per person per day.

$12pp.

That's for mini & full suites...$11.50 for other cabins:

"gratuity of $12 per person for mini-suites and suites, and $11.50 per guest in all other staterooms per day (including children) will be automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis".

Edited by Astro Flyer

Did you talk to guest relations/front desk about the heated pools? I was considering a january cruise on the regal and when i phone princess they assure me (over the phone) that the pools are heated. I have burned on holland a couple of times where they said the pool would be heated, but did not end up being heated.

The only cruise i have been on that delivered on the heated pools is disney.

Since we are talking about tipping we are on a35 day south pacific.Should we tip over $800.00 or opt out?I know that aussies don"t tip.

long cruiser

To me tips are part of the cost of a cruise & I would never remove them to deprive the hardworking crew of them. We've sailed several month long cruises (including the South Pacific) & always keep the auto tip. If removing the auto tip & giving cash to 'deserving' crew they cannot keep the cash & have to turn it in for the tip pool shared by the crew; if not, they will be terminated.

That's for mini & full suites...$11.50 for other cabins:

"gratuity of $12 per person for mini-suites and suites, and $11.50 per guest in all other staterooms per day (including children) will be automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis".

ty for the info

Did you talk to guest relations/front desk about the heated pools? I was considering a january cruise on the regal and when i phone princess they assure me (over the phone) that the pools are heated.

Sure didn't. We just figures it is was what it was. When we sailed on Island Princess in 2013, the 11 day Panama cruise the pool in the Sanctuary was heated. It was great as you could just walk right into it with no shock value. LOL.... On the Regal, I got as far as my feet and was out of the pool. Maybe it was heated as there were people that were in them..., just not warm enough for me though. :rolleyes:

If removing the auto tip & giving cash to 'deserving' crew they cannot keep the cash & have to turn it in for the tip pool shared by the crew; if not, they will be terminated.

Does this apply to all the crew members? At times we have gave a little extra in cash to some who seem to go above and beyond... room stewards, bartenders and many times that young person working so hard in the buffet dining area providing drinks and cleaning up. We enjoy sliding a two dollar bill under a plate to "I spy" to see their smile after we leave. :D