Wine Package on 7 night cruise?

kbarnum

I heard there is a silver or gold package for wine, but it is only for sailing of 10 nights or longer? Anyone have any guidance or information. The girl I talked to at Princess had no idea one existed and as she dug more she discovered them but was pretty shaky with the information, I am going to my "call a friend" card and reaching out to the community.

I also just called Princess and was given all the info about prices for their Gold and Silver wine packages - but it was only when I mentioned that I had heard that it was only offered on 10+ day cruises that the agent checked and said that she couldn't be sure if it was offered on our upcoming 7 day cruise on Emerald.

We are traveling with family members (6 in total) so she then suggested that one person purchase the Ultimate beverage package and use it to buy wine bottles at a 40% discount for us all to share.

Not exactly the solution we were looking for, but we may end up doing this if no wine packages are for sale.

Wow....that is not what I would have expected them to say. I am thinking that is kind of a good deal, though, especially if you are traveling with a lot of people and wine is their drink of choice.

Not a bad deal since they state it is legal.

Don't forget that you are able to bring on two bottles of wine per cabin for no charge, to drink in your stateroom. Any additional bottles that you bring on will incur a charge of $15 per bottle, which you can drink anywhere on the ship, including the dining room.

I've only heard of the wine package being available on 10+ day cruises which we've enjoyed twice on long cruises & for us it worked well & were able to try some new wines.

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

We did a b2b on the Emerald in December - 2 seven day cruises. We asked for the wine package and it was available for the 7 day cruise. Since we were on the ship for 14 days, we were allowed to carry over the wine package to the second week - but we could have bought it even if we were only on board for 7 days.

I wouldn't be surprised if this will vary depending on the ship, but it was available on the Emerald in December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've only heard of the wine package being available on 10+ day cruises which we've enjoyed twice on long cruises & for us it worked well & were able to try some new wines.

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

Curious as to where you got this info on the wine packages, I cant find this anywhere on the Princess web site??

There is info on the beverage package, which I am not interested in, however I would be interested in the bottled wine packages. Can you purchase this ahead of time, or only on the ship?

Curious as to where you got this info on the wine packages, I cant find this anywhere on the Princess web site??

There is info on the beverage package, which I am not interested in, however I would be interested in the bottled wine packages. Can you purchase this ahead of time, or only on the ship?

Sadly Princess has poorly promoted the wine package & I couldn't find info on their website. I got the package info after purchasing a wine package last year & on recent cruises they're finally doing some promotion of it on the ship.

For those who have purchased a wine package where does one go or who do you have to see about purchasing this package?

Thanks

I always purchase it from one of my waiters because I think they may earn some benefit from selling it. I don't know for sure however that's how I do it & also they're the one filling our wine orders. Another spot I've seen them selling it is at the Lido deck aft elevators just outside of the buffet area during embarkation day.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Where can the wine package be used? Is it just in the main dining rooms? Can it be used at any of the buffets (Horizons)?

It can be used in the MDR, specialty restaurants or buffet. They'll store remaining wine for another day even at a different dining location.

Thanks Astro Flyer, that's great to know.

You're welcome.

I've enjoyed it twice including on a b2b cruise. Before purchasing I confirmed with my assistant waiter (traditional dining) that it would be valid on the 2nd cruise. Even if it wasn't "valid" on the 2nd cruise we could have received all bottles at the end of the 1st cruise to bring to dinner fee-free on the 2nd cruise. :)

see below from Princess website, something you may be able to work out with 2 people and share

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Price includes service charge.

Package does not apply to Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess or Diamond Princess and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia.

It can be used in the MDR, specialty restaurants or buffet. They'll store remaining wine for another day even at a different dining location.

Can you take a partial bottle from the MDR to your cabin? or have it delivered?

Yes, this is how it is supposed to work but one caveat - one time I went to the HC and asked the waiter for the bottle they had in store for me (I'd been in Sabatini's the previous night) - this was as soon as I had secured a table and before I'd even looked at the food - but even dawdling through my meal, the wine didn't turn up until I'd got as far as dessert which wasn't much use.

Can you take a partial bottle from the MDR to your cabin? or have it delivered?

'marazad16' provided the answer...you can take it with you but not have it delivered.

Yes, this is how it is supposed to work but one caveat - one time I went to the HC and asked the waiter for the bottle they had in store for me (I'd been in Sabatini's the previous night) - this was as soon as I had secured a table and before I'd even looked at the food - but even dawdling through my meal, the wine didn't turn up until I'd got as far as dessert which wasn't much use.

Others have posted having the same delays particularly when the HC is involved & I wouldn't depend upon it going quickly.