Surge Protectors

dickinson

Have used the Belkin and have run into problems with it not fitting into certain outlets in various places. To replace the Belkin we bought this

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F877VDO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a bit bulkier to carry but has worked fine so far and no problems plugging it in anywhere.

I looked at that but it is not a surge protector… just a charger.

I bought the Belkin surge protector today through Amazon for $16.50 + 4.95 shipping.

I looked at that but it is not a surge protector… just a charger.

I bought the Belkin surge protector today through Amazon for $16.50 + 4.95 shipping.

If you read the description.

Protections: Over-current, over temperature, Output short-circuit*

Have used the Belkin and have run into problems with it not fitting into certain outlets in various places. To replace the Belkin we bought this

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F877VDO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a bit bulkier to carry but has worked fine so far and no problems plugging it in anywhere.

You do realize that the AC plug on the Belkin rotates to fit most situations. I haven't yet run across an outlet on Princess where it can't be plugged into.

You do realize that the AC plug on the Belkin rotates to fit most situations. I haven't yet run across an outlet on Princess where it can't be plugged into.

I know it rotates but have run into problems at other places where the rotation doesn't help.

The round base is too wide.

Use an extension cord and connect Belkin to that, instead of connecting it directly to this AC outlet.

Note: Dual AC outlets next to light switch and phone cord. Too close for Belkin to fit completely flush with AC outlet. Light switch and phone cord interferes with the Belkin base.

Some have suggested to connect the Belkin to the AC outlet in the bathroom. i don't.

It won't fit this:

image.jpg.3076133eaaa0cb6bcd0c356b301d58ac.jpg

Edited by Kingofcool1947

In my experience I have never had a surge protector/power bar confiscated or unplugged. But than I only plug my phone chargers and laptop on it. I just take 1 power bar with me.

Like most things if you do not go overboard with it there shouldn't be a problem. Those who bring multiple bars and plug them into each other and have wires spiderwebed out from it creating a fire hazard get them removed.

I've not heard of anyone on Princess having surge protectors confiscated. If you search, there was a long discussion on why they are not needed on the ship.

The round base is too wide.

Use an extension cord and connect Belkin to that, instead of connecting it directly to this AC outlet.

Note: Dual AC outlets next to light switch and phone cord. Too close for Belkin to fit completely flush with AC outlet. Light switch and phone cord interferes with the Belkin base.

Some have suggested to connect the Belkin to the AC outlet in the bathroom. i don't.

It won't fit this:

You have a completely different model from what I though. I can see the problem now. I bought mine a few years ago and although a little bulky I haven't found a place where I can't use it yet.

Belkin_zps91119a76.jpg

A photo of the Belkin's backside. The total width of the unit did not clear the stateroom light switch on one side and phone cord on the other side of the dual AC plate. Round base of the unit did not allow flush fit of the electrical blades into the dual AC outlet. There was a noticeable gap between the Belkin and the dual AC wall outlet.

We were in a balcony stateroom on Star. Connected the Belkin to a 3 prong extension cord plugged into the dual AC wall outlet. To charge camera batteries, and an iPad.

Maybe on other Princess staterooms, not an issue. Bring a HD 3 prong extension cord anyway if uncertain.

image.jpg.823a9ff20edce150c8eb649dc8b204cc.jpg

Edited by Kingofcool1947

The green light stays on when the device is fully charged.

It remains warm-hot to the touch.

Not sure what you mean. Does the surge protector need to be charged? I ordered mine off Amazon. It came today. Is supposed to be new but it was totally ripped out of the packaging. I am going to call the seller tomorrow. I tested each outlet and USB port and it does work.

Not sure what you mean. Does the surge protector need to be charged? I ordered mine off Amazon. It came today. Is supposed to be new but it was totally ripped out of the packaging. I am going to call the seller tomorrow. I tested each outlet and USB port and it does work.

Probably a return, Amazon like's to turn around product returns regardless of the condition. :rolleyes:

[quote name='dickinson']Not sure what you mean. Does the surge protector need to be charged? I ordered mine off Amazon. It came today. Is supposed to be new but it was totally ripped out of the packaging. I am going to call the seller tomorrow. I tested each outlet and USB port and it does work.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]No charging required. The green light in the posted photo was done by the company photographer to highlight the fact that it has a light on it to show that it's active when plugged it. I suspect your is OK even though it was out of the package.[/FONT]