Want to be prepared before i go

Cruisegirl6

Hello everybody, although I have been on 53 cruises so far, I NEVER chose a stateroom opposite the elevator and staircase. We originally were booked on the RC Oasis of the Seas for this may but things came up and we all agreed to change ships to the Carnival Valor, giving us an extra day (8) going to southern caribbean ports instead of the usual eastern/western ports.

We are a family of 5 adults and needed 3 balcony stateroom, there wasn't much to choose from keeping us together, there was the Verandah deck but above us would be the lido deck pool area for us certainly out of the question as we would hear chairs etc. and then there was our only choice deck 6, upper deck three cabins on port side next to one another but right next to elevator and stairs (6274,6276 and 6278). Can you please prepare me for what we will experience with our rooms, I assume it be very very noisy from early am to late pm? We would like to hear from those who had cabins right next/opposite of the cabins to the stairs and elevators, it happens to be we are in the atrium area also.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and thank you.

Hi,

Your assumption about noise is not correct!

We always book near the midship elevators and stairs for convenience. We have never suffered a problem with any noise. In fact it is pretty quiet!! We like the atrium opposite us as that means there are no cabins across the hall. You will be just fine in that location!! I just want to add that 6274 and 78 are in the spots we like best. 76 is directly open to the walkway in front of the elevators so if people walk out of the elevator and the door is open they may be able to see inside. That is the only thing I wouldn't like about that particular cabin.

Edited by riffatsea

We cruised over Thanksgiving on the Breeze and had a cove balcony cabin with direct access to elevators And stairs. Didn't hear any noise from the hall and loved the easy access to the elevators/stairs. I would book a cabin like that again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had a balcony on the Upper deck last May on the Valor and it was close to the Aft elevators and stairs. I never had any disturbance or noise and loved the convenience. It was wonderful to be able to take the stairs down one quick level to get to Deck 5. Enjoy your cruise!

Im so glad to hear you all were happy and didn't get bothered by a lot of noise that is great news! My cabin is 6276 I wanted my daughter on one side of me and my father in law the other so I can be in the middle talking to both of them out on the balcony..I have no issue/problem if I open the door anybody seeing inside, that doesn't bother me at all and thanks for that info!

We had 7301 on the Legend. The aft-elevators shared a wall with our room and the stairs were turn left, there is our room kinda thing.

Biggest difference I see between your rooms and this room, is all of the dining and such is aft. We didn't hear a sound in our rooms at all from the hall/elevators.

Since you are near the forward stairs/elevator I wouldn't see an issue at all happening. You might hear some noise at night as you are right over the theater it seems, so people going up after the shows might be slightly loud.

They sound proof the elevators really well, and if we never hear a sound sharing a wall, across the hall I don't think would be an issue with them at all!

We always book in that area on every ship.

It is always quiet.

The only time we hear noise is 1) if a drunk adult or 2) unsupervised preteen is screaming in the hall or sometimes the music in the Atrium is a bit loud, and you can hear that.

Otherwise, all is quiet! No noise at all from general use of elevator and stairs! Enjoy! Great location!

As the others have said, we have noticed no noise even when near the atrium elevators, howbeit many floors up. The first time I booked one of these rooms the PVP tried to talk me out of it because of possible noise. Then she said well you have been on more cruises than me so you probably know. She had been on one, but it was kind of her to try to warn of what she thought might be a problem.

Wow I am amazed how many of you been right near the elevator and stairs and found it quiet, I may from now on book this area up since its not noisy (excluding that once in awhile loud person which can happen anywhere in any hallway) and I may just like it since I can go up and down and not have to walk to the stairway or elevators. I don't mind noise at night we stay up to the wee hours. :p