Zip lines excursions on ultimate caribbean equinox 3-2015

thefirstnoel

We'll be taking the 11 day Ultimate Caribbean March 16th porting out of FLL on the Equinox. We have looked at various zip-lines companies through Celebrity and also private agencies. We've never booked excursions with outside agencies and wonder about some of them? Also, our itinerary: 1)Grand Cayman, 2) Cartagena, Colombia,3)Colon, Panama,4) Puerto Limon, Costa Rica,5)Belize City, Belize,6)Cozumel. The other days are sea days or leaving/coming back to FLL.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to zip-line and any other excursions that "floated your boat"? (Couldn't resist!) We're in our young 60's, somewhat adventerous and somewhat in/out shape. We plan on snorkeling also. Do tell. This is the first we've been to these countries except Panama and Costa Rica. Also, I hope I posted on the correct post/forum/thread? If not, sorry and I'll do my homework next time if I blew it again.

Thanks for any help you can give. This is our 6-7th cruise.

Stay away from Belize!!! We were not on a cruise, but on a personal 10 day stay in Belize! We did the Zip line in Belize and the cave tubing.....Cave tubing was great...... The Zip line there was pathetic!! Maybe if you had never zip lined before, it would be fine! But if you have ever Zipped before, you will be bored out of your minds!! I think there was a ttl of 5 lines.....all very boring!

We lived in Nicaragua for 3 yrs....they had great lines!! Go upside down...superman, all very safe! I think that place had 15 lines..all for $30!!

We were extremely disappointed with the lines in Belize..I know it is the 1 the cruise ships use, as 1 of the workers stated on cruise ship days it is a zoo! They had just sent around 1000 people over their lines a week or so before we were there!

When it comes to booking tours...we NEVER use the ship....always go on our own, or join others..Thats what is great about the ROLL CALL.....Better tours..less people on them, and less $$$$

Use ship tour in panama (safety) and Belize if you visit ruins (risk of missing the ship). Mr emerald (lee miles) in Colombia, (lots of good choices) in Costa Rica. Other stops on your own.

I would do the canals in Costa Rica, but that's also probably the best/safest for zip lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

Was just on this last month. We did ziplines in Costa Rica through the ship (original canopy). It was great (except for the family of freaks in our tour who held us all up). We booked cave tubing though an outside company (butts up) in Belize for a fraction of what the ship charged and we were at the same caves as those who booked on the ship. They also offered zip lining but glad we decided not to do it. It's just a small zipline that goes back and forth around the parking lot area of the cave tubing. Cozumel also had ziplining at the dolphin area. Again, not something to do. It was also small and just went back and forth - more like a carnival ride than a true zipline. Stick with Costa Rica, can't go wrong with it there!

Was just on this last month. We did ziplines in Costa Rica through the ship (original canopy). It was great (except for the family of freaks in our tour who held us all up). We booked cave tubing though an outside company (butts up) in Belize for a fraction of what the ship charged and we were at the same caves as those who booked on the ship. They also offered zip lining but glad we decided not to do it. It's just a small zipline that goes back and forth around the parking lot area of the cave tubing. Cozumel also had ziplining at the dolphin area. Again, not something to do. It was also small and just went back and forth - more like a carnival ride than a true zipline. Stick with Costa Rica, can't go wrong with it there!

Thanks for posting this information.

We have zip lined in a few places. Costa Rica is probably the best we have done so far! The scenery was amazing, the journey into the rainforest was so interesting and the company did a great job of making sure everyone felt safe and had a terrific time!

We sailed this route in Nov, and one of our Roll Call members did a wonderful review; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130892

There are a few others too.

FYI, in Panama & Belize book thru the ship! In Panama our group was almost 2 hours late, and in Belize another was over an hour. The ship waited, but there was one couple not so luckie.

EW

A few years ago cave tubing seemed to be the rage. We also did it in Belize and it was terrible, save your money.

One thing to consider about zip lining is medical coverage. many plans will not cover injuries due to things like zip lining, be sure that you are covered and if you have a trip insurance don't assume you are covered.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Lot of the problems are more than likely centered around the # of people that cruise ships bring! As I stated we did Belize on our own (not on a cruise) Even so with no waiting in line--the Zip line was boring....Can't imagine 1000 of ur best friends waiting in line to go across such boring zips!!

We enjoyed the Cave tubing, very relaxing, one does have to walk around 20 min or so carrying the tube. But it probably would not have been very enjoyable if a cruise ship had been there, would be a zoo!!