Information About the Ruby

stephaniemason0316

In April 2016, my husband and I will taking our 10 year Anniversary cruise on the Princess Ruby. This will be our first on a Princess fleet and to Hawaii for 15 blissful days, but hey, it's out 10 so were going big!

I have done a lot of research and learned some awesome things about this ship, but what I really want, is to hear it from all of you!

So, please tell me anything and everything about the Princess Ruby! I don't care what it is. It could be about the resturants on the ship, entertainment, drinks... any advice and information is what I am looking for!

I can't wait to read it all! So, thank you for your time!

In April 2016, my husband and I will taking our 10 year Anniversary cruise on the Princess Ruby. This will be our first on a Princess fleet and to Hawaii for 15 blissful days, but hey, it's out 10 so were going big!

I have done a lot of research and learned some awesome things about this ship, but what I really want, is to hear it from all of you!

So, please tell me anything and everything about the Princess Ruby! I don't care what it is. It could be about the resturants on the ship, entertainment, drinks... any advice and information is what I am looking for!

I can't wait to read it all! So, thank you for your time!

Join the Ruby Princess roll call for your voyage. You can start a new thread, or wait until someone else starts it. There you will find fellow passengers on the same cruise.

Here is a brief Dining summary:

Free Dining:

MDR's open for breakfast and dinner each day and for lunch on sea days. For dinner you may select traditional early or late seating which is same table, tablemates, waiter and time for the cruise. If you have traditional dining you or course can dine any evening in other venues. Any Time Dining is also available. Breakfast and lunch are open seating.

International Cafe, Deck 5, Open 24 hours, serves cont. breakfast items, paninis, soup, salads and desserts starting around 11am until 11pm and then snacks overnight.

Vines, Deck 5, A wine bar, serves a sushi ot tapa plate with the purchase of any drink, not just wine.

Pub Lunch, served most sea days in the Wheelhouse Bar, Deck 7. There are a few different menus.

Trident Grill, Lido Deck, serves burgers, dogs, brats, fries, chicken diring the day with some BBQ items added at night. Open 11am to 11pm

Pizza and Ice Cream Bar, Lido Deck, Pizza by the slice and soft ice cream, open 11am to 11pm. Floats and sundaes are available at a small cost.

Horizon Ct./Cafe Caribe, Lido deck, buffet open 6am to 11pm or maybe midnight. More than you ever could want to eat.

Surcharge Restaurants:

Crown Grill (steak, chops, seafood) and Sabatini's (Italian) $25pp

Crab Shack ( Buckets of shell fish) held in a section of the Cafe Caribe, $20pp

Special meals:

Chef's Table the ultimate foodie experience sign up the first day seating is limited, about $95pp

Ultimate balcony breakfast or dinner. I believe the cost is $25/couple for breakfast and $50/couple for dinner.

You must make reservations for all surcharge dining by calling the dine line.

Hope this information is useful. Any specific questions, just ask.

We just got back from a B2B this past Saturday. Hubby and I enjoyed our time on the ship, the crew, and the itinerary (Eastern and Western Caribbean).

Enjoyed our evenings at MUTS watching movies. The crew came by with bags of popcorn. Then came by with slices of pizza hot from the oven. Finally, cookies (peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal) and milk.

Enjoyed our mini-suite cabin location, D216, and feeling the ship's motion.

Enjoyed Skywalker's during the late morning/early afternoon. Great place to read and enjoy the views from back of the ship.

Used the Princess@Sea to keep track of onboard account, events happening on the ship, port information and access to the Internet ($). Was able to access Princess@Sea from my laptop and my iPad. This was a nice feature that Princess has added.

Picked up daily Sudoku and brain teasers at the Library.

Enjoyed International Cafe for breakfast pastries in the morning and yummy sandwiches in the afternoon. Don't forget those peanut butter cookies...double yum!

Enjoyed the champagne waterfall with the ruby colored liquid in the glasses.

Enjoyed the BOGO (buy one get one free) in the Wheelhouse Bar from 3pm-4pm. Sunny, the waiter, was so helpful in providing drink suggestions.

Was able to get BBQ wings from the Trident Grill one evening. A nice surprise!

Oooops, I keep mentioning the food. :)

A must try is the chicken salad at the International Cafe. Just really good. And they will put it on a croissant for you if you wish.

The Prego Pizza on Lido deck is the BEST. Everyone says it puts other lines pizza to shame.

Have fun, the Ruby is a gorgeous ship.

Karen

At the top of this page, in the large box that says "Princess Cruises", click on Ruby Princess. That will bring up access to all posts that are about your ship. This is a relatively new CC feature and many people haven't discovered it yet!

:DI assume you're on the 18 April Sailing. We'll be doing a family (4 Generations) cruise on that sailing. As a side note I can not get the Ruby Princess link at the top of the page to work. I get a listing of posts/threads regarding Ruby but when I try to drill down I get "No matches found.":mad:

Greg

Hi There

We were on the Ruby in November, thought crew were so helpful, polite and friendly we wrote a letter to the ship to say so,

letter was posted on crew boards the day we left the ship

yours Shogun

Shogun,

Where are the crew boards on the ship? Never heard about those before.

Ultimate balcony breakfast or dinner. I believe the cost is $25/couple for breakfast and $50/couple for dinner.

You must make reservations for all surcharge dining by calling the dine line.

Hope this information is useful. Any specific questions, just ask.

The Balcony Meals are actually $32/Couple for Breakfast and $50 Per Person for Dinner.

Hi eightfurrypaws

Crew boards are all below deck, not for passenger viewing as a rule, but you might see one on a ships tour, you might see items from cc posted as well

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app