Vibe Beach Club - Getaway

sarahsue317

Last week, I got there between 11-12 pm. I was in group 14. Still able to snag Vibe pass.

We will be sailing on the Breakaway and want to secure a Vibe Cabana. We are in a suite in the Haven, but have still decided to book the vibe. The Haven might have many children in the pool area.

Do we reserve the cabana on deck six as people have said on the NCL Getaway?

Thanks

For what it is worth ... last October, we were in the second boarding group and got Vibe passes and there were cabanas left over. We went directly to the desk to purchase after boarding, but we did not run there. DW appreciated the Vibe - they have those big "sleeper" seats with big, soft pads ... we had some zzzzzz's during the day in the warm sun after late night sea days. The hot tubs and rain shower were great and not crowded. The staff was attentive. We were glad that we could use as many towels as we wanted (for pillows). The private bathrooms were convenient ... and clean! The folks we talked to in the tubs were very nice - the $$ & limited passes cut down on the "riff raff," which includes the younger types that like to drink all day and hog the public tubs ... ah, to be young again :)

Highly recommend it. It is $79 per person for the week. There were no daily passes available - not sure they do that anymore, I would imagine that would be hard to keep track of. Depending on how busy your cruise is, you will probably need to make it the first thing you get once you board - passes available from Guest Services on Deck 6 (for my cruise it was only the staff member at the far right hand end of the desk that was giving them out). I got to the port super early and was the 2nd person in line before security opened, the first person waiting in line prior to boarding, and the first person through the doors when they opened.

Cabanas are available for $299, but that includes the entrance to Vibe for 2 people and a $100 OBC that is added to your account. So end result is $199 for 2 people to share a cabana and have access to Vibe, or $159 for 2 people to just get access to Vibe. There are only 5 cabanas available. I would recommend that if you get a cabana request a higher numbered one - #1 is located next to the hot tubs and you can hear the conversation of people in them. #5 is the most forward one and located next to the partition between Vibe and the Haven area.

You get an orange wristband (at least it was on my cruise) if you just purchase the access to Vibe, and a clear wristband with your cabana number on it, if you purchase the cabana. You also get a special card to get through the door. There is a box to the left of the door, you open the cover to the box and swipe your card for entry. My card "lost" it's access about halfway through the cruise, I had to go to guest services to get it fixed.

At the most forward corner of Vibe there are 2 "cabana-like" wicker beds, with adjustable shades, I found out much later in my cruise, that these are first come, first get, (no charge, no reservation) so I would recommend heading up and snagging one of them on days you are using Vibe, if you don't want to pay for a cabana.

Bar is only staffed from early morning to 6pm (or at least it was in December). Pool staff will bring round fruit skewers, small portions of fruit smoothies and fruit popsicles at random times during the day. Say hi to Ali for me, if he is still behind the Vibe bar, when you get there. (I'm the one that tried to get him to make the Jalapeno infused tequila mango concoction while trying to recreate a Hawaiian Rumfire martini!!)

I heard there were about 50 passes sold each cruise - on my cruise they sold out the first day. However, I never saw 50 different people up there, even on its most busy day there were plenty of loungers (really nice padded wicker) available.

Let me know if I've missed anything out...

Special card? That must be new, on the BA our cabin card was link to the vibe and that opened the door

on the breakaway now and we are having a great time we booked the vibe a cabana , so much better then the crowded regular pool and sunbathing decks. however we never used it as we are in the Haven which is fantastic so we never used our vibe cabana. but if not in the haven and you are adults, well worth it. enjoy

Will do a comprehesive review upon our return.

Care to elaborate why?

-Keith

Much like every opinion regarding NCL (in general), opinions about the Vibe are very mercurial. NCL seems to be the sort of cruise line (much more so than other lines I follow) that passengers either love it or loath it. With very little in terms of gray areas.

Can you help me decide between the Vibe pass with cabana vs the Spa pass on the Getaway?

This is my first cruise on NCL with just the hubby. We have been on 2 cruises on RCCL with my hubby and 3 kids.

I don't want to pay for both the Vibe and the Spa. What are the pro's and con's of each to help me decide.

Thank you for your help. :)

Was on Getaway last week. Here's the deal.

The pool deck is a mad house. Depending on what time it is, there's always some loud music or a contest going on at the stage in front of the pool. Add to that the fact that it's super hard to get a number of lounge chairs next to each other.

Vibe is something of a VIP area, where like only 50 people are granted access. It would be a good idea to get access if you covet being away from the crowds and the noise, and if you want personal bar access. Rommel and his counterpart are awesome bartenders.

Get your passes ASAP. Once sold out, you have to pull some crazy strings to get in, like I did. (i.e.: asking the Captain)

The pool deck is a mad house. Depending on what time it is, there's always some loud music or a contest going on at the stage in front of the pool. Add to that the fact that it's super hard to get a number of lounge chairs next to each other.

Vibe is something of a VIP area, where like only 50 people are granted access. It would be a good idea to get access if you covet being away from the crowds and the noise, and if you want personal bar access. Rommel and his counterpart are awesome bartenders.

Get your passes ASAP. Once sold out, you have to pull some crazy strings to get in, like I did. (i.e.: asking the Captain)

We are going on the Getaway Dec 6. Our 1st cruise with NCL. I am debating between the spa pass or the vibe pass. I can't afford both. How was the Getaway? Any tips you can pass on? I can't wait for Dec. :)

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you were able to get passes. The photos looked like it was an enclosed area. Was there much of a breeze or some shade ? Possibly at the bar to get respite from the heat.

Hope you had good weather on your cruise.

If you do not care about the bar -- like, us for instance, who don't drink on board -- couldn't you just go forward and high deck and find respite from the crowds? Seems from the deck plan most of the madness is in deck 15, midship.