Boston aiming for year round operations

Chesneygirl

Good for Boston. On our cruise to Bermuda, the few pre-cruise days we spent in Boston was the best part of our vacation. Bermuda was fine but Boston and our time there was special. If Boston and the cruise companies expanded their cruise options beyond Bermuda and Canada, we would visit again.

I would LOVE to be able to go to Bermuda from Boston in the wintertime.

I like the idea of that but I'm not so sure how it would work out. Temps are only in the 60s, right now. Definitely not beach weather, IMO of course, though walking the beach in slacks would work well.

I would love it if they could come up with a 9 day Bermuda/Caribbean itinerary such as RCCL currently offers from NJ and Princess used to offer from NYC.

I would also love a Caribbean itinerary for the winter months.

I'm really keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the year round cruising options from Boston become a reality sooner then later. :)

Boston is such a GREAT city!!

Edited by Chesneygirl

This is really GREAT news for Boston!! http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12008.html

This would be incredible! Year-round out of New York is close enough but still costly. It would be nice to take the T to the terminal in Boston and just get on. Much less transportation costs! Here's hoping! :)

Going to be tough sell considering NYC has a decent amount of ships sailing in the winter. Given the choice I would rather drive a few hours than having an extra cold day on the ship

Edited by Laszlo

I would like to see cruises to Quebec City from Boston and to Boston from Quebec City in the warm weather months. Have taken this cruise from Boston to Quebec City and return to Boston in the fall - and the weather wasn't the best. Very cold and stormy. It is beautiful country and the warmer weather would be more appreciated. I do hope that in the not to distant future that cruises will be started during the summer months.

Going to be tough sell considering NYC has a decent amount of ships sailing in the winter. Given the choice I would rather drive a few hours than having an extra cold day on the ship

Valid point. It will be a tough sell considering the extra day needed. If the ship could go up through the Cape Cod canal it might help cut down on the time frame but it can't so it has to go around Cape Cod and then head south west. Cruise lines care too much about fuel costs to entertain it seriously.

I would rather drive or take the bus to NYC to make sure I got to warmer weather faster! :)

I would like to see cruises to Quebec City from Boston and to Boston from Quebec City in the warm weather months. Have taken this cruise from Boston to Quebec City and return to Boston in the fall - and the weather wasn't the best. Very cold and stormy. It is beautiful country and the warmer weather would be more appreciated. I do hope that in the not to distant future that cruises will be started during the summer months.

I agree with more warm weather options for the summer heading NORTH. It would be a new option for Boston cruisers who want warmth and also to cruise to some place new! The September and October sailings are just too cold to be out on the sun deck, unless you’re a hearty person! I know during that time of the year on the open ocean I wouldn’t be out at the pool deck or sun deck!

This past season the ship stayed over night in Quebec City on our B2B . :D

It was wonderful to see the Hotel Frontenac and the old walled city lit up at night . :)

Bring it on. I hope that MassPort works hard to get this done. This would be great for the economy. And it would be great for those of us who live in the northeast and enjoy cruising...but hate to have to fly to a cruise port. Sometimes the flights can be more than the cruise itself. If there's a petition going, pass it my way.