Jamie's Italian Price Increase

roe2ship

We are sailing on 2/13 (Friday the 13th:eek:) I had to call to change a time for dinner because an excursion was overlapping the reservation. They tried to charge me the increase. Quite frankly, it was only $15 ($5 for three diners), but it just seemed wrong to me. I asked to have the increase waived and Howard, the representative, asked his supervisor...and it was! I guess if you don't ask, the answer will always be "no".

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, and I am definitely try to have an open mind. I'm just a tad frustrated that you have to make so many reservations and think about so many schedules. Part of the fun of cruising is being spontaneous, however it seems if you don't plan you might not be able to enjoy certain restaurants or entertainment venues. Okay, I'm going to take a deep breath and relax.

We are sailing on 2/13 (Friday the 13th:eek:) I had to call to change a time for dinner because an excursion was overlapping the reservation. They tried to charge me the increase. Quite frankly, it was only $15 ($5 for three diners), but it just seemed wrong to me. I asked to have the increase waived and Howard, the representative, asked his supervisor...and it was! I guess if you don't ask, the answer will always be "no".

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, and I am definitely try to have an open mind. I'm just a tad frustrated that you have to make so many reservations and think about so many schedules. Part of the fun of cruising is being spontaneous, however it seems if you don't plan you might not be able to enjoy certain restaurants or entertainment venues. Okay, I'm going to take a deep breath and relax.

I agree that it was wrong for them to attempt to charge you the extra money...glad it all worked out for you in the end.:)

It seems like that was inevitable as everyone was saying how great Jamie's was and how they served so much food. It was just out of character for Royal dining. I would expect portion sizes to decrease as well.
Yes, this is true. Personally, I feel the menu and atmosphere doesn't seem to match the amount they are charging. Perhaps the lunch is more reasonable. Give me Portofino's anyday over this.

From those that have already sailed, what was your experience in dining? I was able to make reservations (mostly in $$ restaurants) for 5 out of the 7 days. Will I have trouble finding a place to eat without waiting in long lines? There will be 3 in our party.

Looking forward to a wonderful vacation.

Thanks for any input.

From those that have already sailed, what was your experience in dining? I was able to make reservations (mostly in $$ restaurants) for 5 out of the 7 days. Will I have trouble finding a place to eat without waiting in long lines? There will be 3 in our party.

Looking forward to a wonderful vacation.

Thanks for any input.

If you plan to eat between 5:30 and 6:30 at any of the restaurants you should have no wait at all. We have seen long lines at the Grande the last two nights now between 7:30 and 8:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually eat around 7 so I hope that will be fine. We are cruising the winter break week, and I know the ship is completely booked, so I also hope that won't present a problem.

Home waiting for the the blizzard, so I think I will start to prepare my packing list and dream of a beautiful cruise!;)

Thanks for your info, Linda.

We made reservations for Jamies two weeks ago for Anthem TA and we were charged 25.00 per person. We had to call in to make reservations as on line cruise planner was not taking any credit card payments at that time. I had no idea they are increasing Jamies.

We ate dinner at Jamies twice on our Quantum cruise....well worth it.

LOL I just reserved Jamie's last week for our November Anthem cruise at $25pp. Seems like we lucked out and just missed the price increase.

We made reservations for Jamies two weeks ago for Anthem TA and we were charged 25.00 per person. We had to call in to make reservations as on line cruise planner was not taking any credit card payments at that time. I had no idea they are increasing Jamies.

We ate dinner at Jamies twice on our Quantum cruise....well worth it.

This is funny....I had to go check Jamie's for Anthem. Guess what? It shows $25.00pp. Royal's IT department strikes again.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Quantum this past Monday. Jamie's is now $30 and I don't think it was worth it. The food was ok but not great. Pasta really really al dente which I don't like. It just wasn't what I thought it would be. We walked up to the restaurant upon boarding while waiting to go to our room at 1:00. We made reservations at that time and asked the girl if there was any special for the first day. She said since it was first day she wold give us a special rate of $15 each which was great! They sometimes run a special she said that if you purchase one night the second night will be half price. But that was not the case with us. We booked the third night of the cruise and she gave to us for $15. I personally would not go back for $30 pp. I found the complimentary restaurants much better!! And the bread in all the restaurants is the best bread you will ever have! They make it fresh on the ship. It was excellent!

We did a b2b on Jan 11th and Jan 23rd. We had prepaid $25 per person on the Jan 11th cruise and loved it so much we booked it onboard again for $50. We did the same thing Jan 23rd cruise. We pre paid the $50 for two people and ate at Jamie's a second time and we were charged $60. I asked the waiter and he said that this was the first cruise with the price increase. So it just started.

We loved Jamie's and ended up eating there 5 times between the 2 cruises. We like al dente pasta. The pasta is freshly made each day. The board of appetizers are delicious. My favorite dish was the pasta with Bolognese sauce. It was better than I have ever had. The cheesecake was also delicious and unique. Great crust.

People have different likes and dislikes. For us it was our favorite restaurant.

• 2 months later...