Breakfast menu - MDR

michelle028

I would assume that the breakfast menu would follow the customs of the area being cruised, e. g. Mediterranean vs. Alaska - or not? I very much miss the super great German Broetchen (hard bread rolls). Surprised that they are not offered on a shipping line with an "international" reputation.

No. No regional items at breakfast.

Or other omelet ingredients. I always ask for onion, mushrooms, green pepper, cheese and tomatoes (and occasionally spinach) in mine. BTW, if you want something on the side, like bacon or hash browns, make sure the waiter understands that these are side items. Otherwise you might find them in your omelet (ask me how I know.....:D).

Also, a hint on the Eggs Benedict. Ask for the sauce on the side. Otherwise it will be a dry, brown coating on top of the eggs.

We had zero luck with this on our recent cruise on the Grand. The menu said Ham & Cheese or Mushroom and spinach omelet, and that was the ONLY order the waiter would take. I'm glad to hear it was maybe a one time problem because it pretty much put us off eating in the MDR for breakfast. The MDR service on that cruise was the most unfriendly, unhelpful we have ever experienced.

We're hoping for a more cheerful, happy crew this coming December when we go to the Mexico.

We had zero luck with this on our recent cruise on the Grand. The menu said Ham & Cheese or Mushroom and spinach omelet, and that was the ONLY order the waiter would take. I'm glad to hear it was maybe a one time problem because it pretty much put us off eating in the MDR for breakfast. The MDR service on that cruise was the most unfriendly, unhelpful we have ever experienced.

We're hoping for a more cheerful, happy crew this coming December when we go to the Mexico.

Could you order a ham, cheese, mushroom, spinach omelet? I go to a local diner for Sunday breakfast, and their menu has a section called Build Your Own omelet; they probably have 10 or 12 selections. I like that idea.

Edited by Treven

Could you order a ham, cheese, mushroom, spinach omelet? I go to a local diner for Sunday breakfast, and their menu has a section called Build Your Own omelet; they probably have 10 or 12 selections. I like that idea.

My sister and I are both vegetarian. She wanted cheese added to the mushroom and spinach... nope, OK so how about a ham & cheese hold the Ham... nope . We tried various combinations but never cracked the code:D

Mushroom and spinach it was..

My sister and I are both vegetarian. She wanted cheese added to the mushroom and spinach... nope, OK so how about a ham & cheese hold the Ham... nope . We tried various combinations but never cracked the code:D

Tho I'm not a vegetarian, I think I'd go with the spinach/mushroom as well. Hope that was an isolated issue and not ship-wide.

Edited by Treven

There is a plate called from the sea on the breakfast menu,which is basically lox & a bagel,cream cheese,tomato,onion, and capers. I think it is available daily in the MDR.

Julie

Thanks for your reply

sounds great...that's what i eat at home alternating with sardines , oatmeal and egg/veggie omelets....also looking forward to some English bacon as a treat....breakfast is my fav meal....so it looks like I will be enjoying it on board!

Does Princess offer flavored coffee creamers? I am REALLY addicted to my French vanilla flavored coffee creamer for my first 2 cups. Should I just expect to go cold turkey or bring a small bottle of my own?

You can buy individual shelf stable ones from Amazon. I use them at work and they're very small so you don't have to carry around a bottle or worry about refrigeration.

They wouldn't put cheese on an omelet? I think I would have asked for the head waiter-- are they around at breakfast? That's just ridiculous.

That's not good to hear. Did it happen on more than one day and with more than one waiter? Some waiters are not as up-to-speed as others. Also, how recent was your cruise? We ate in the MDR twice for breakfast on our cruise in August on the Ruby and both times I had no problem getting my omelet done "my way". Let us know if your December cruise works out better.

Is there any fish on MDR breakfast menu...like lox/smoked salmon plate with capers?

What about lox at the buffet..?

I always have lox at HC. On the Coral Princess, it wasn't out but I asked for it and they had a plate ready in the kitchen. Then when a few people saw my plate they asked where I found it. If you don't see it ask for it.

Sali

The Horizon Court buffet has an omelet station at breakfast and you can ask for any combination of available ingredients you want.

Is there any fish on MDR breakfast menu...like lox/smoked salmon plate with capers?

What about lox at the buffet..?

Lox/smoked salmon is on the menu every breakfast in the dining room.

In the buffet it will either be out where you can see it or you may have to ask for it, but it is always available at breakfast time.

That's not good to hear. Did it happen on more than one day and with more than one waiter? Some waiters are not as up-to-speed as others. Also, how recent was your cruise? We ate in the MDR twice for breakfast on our cruise in August on the Ruby and both times I had no problem getting my omelet done "my way". Let us know if your December cruise works out better.

It was one day with one waiter, and I think it might have been a communication problem in that he wasn't understanding what we were asking for. We decided to try other venues/options for breakfast after that.

It was the short Vancouver to SF cruise on the Grand this September. It was our first Princess cruise but also our first cruise that was that short so I am still having a bit of difficulty separating those two variables out to decide what I think.

We decided that to be fair we needed a longer cruise on Princess so we are going to Mexico for New Year's. 10 days with the AIBP most likely will result in a good review!