Luggage Valet Program

pbrady

On the Celebrity website, it says:

"On the final night of your cruise, you'll receive debarkation instructions, airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks."

Do they really bring your boarding passes? Does anyone know if Delta participates? What is the cost - I seem to remember $20 per person, but it was not on the web site, that I could find.

as always - thanks for the info!

Yes, they print your boarding passes for you! The cost was $20 per person when we sailed last month on the Equinox. Not sure about Delta, but even if your airline is not listed as participating, it pays to ask. JetBlue was not listed but they were able to arrange it for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Best $40 (a couple) we spend on any ship! Hoping that SW will participate, we cruise to/from Miami but fly from Ft Lauderdale this trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

SOLD!! We always do the "walk-off" and always dread dragging that larger bag (that gained more weight than we did - lol ) down the stairs along with the carry-on. The elevators are usually not a good option.

We are leaving very early in the morning on the day after our cruise. We will dock within the 24 hour time frame for check-in (7am docking and I think 7am flight the following day). Does anyone know whether this would still be an option for us? :confused:

Edited by ailetoile

We are leaving very early in the morning on the day after our cruise. We will dock within the 24 hour time frame for check-in (7am docking and I think 7am flight the following day). Does anyone know whether this would still be an option for us? :confused:

I could be wrong but I do not think this is available if you are flying into Canada.

Something to do with it being I international therefore you will not have your luggage with you at all times before it goes on the plane.

I guess that makes sense. I'm not sure that we would have done it anyway, but it was a nice thought while we could have it :)

Something to do with it being I international therefore you will not have your luggage with you at all times before it goes on the plane.

Interesting, according to this they work with Air Canada... So maybe it does work for Canada?

http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/content/en_AU/onboard_outstanding_service.html

EDIT: Nevermind, I actually forgot that Celebrity docks in Canada. That would explain it.

I don't know if we could use it anyway because I believe we get a free checked bag through a credit card perk, but it looks like we might get charged the baggage fee anyway. :o

Edited by ailetoile

If you are entitled to a free bag perk, your airline reservation itself will handle that and apply it as the bag check in is done. If a fee is due, X will add to your sea pass account.

When X check you in, they will do so just as a porter at the curb in airport does, and levy any costs as necessary. If 1st class, no fees, if 1 bag free only bill for 2nd bag etc. I have read numerous accounts of overweight bags not getting hit for the overweight fees with the program.

I fly United, and have noticed that the Celebrity bag checks get replaced by United bag checks at the airport. In my case they even affixed the HEAVY tag to my bag, (as well as the PRIORITY tags) but I had no fee anyway, as I was in 1st class. So at some point the bags are weighed by someone....

The $20 fee covers up to 2 bags to the same destination.

If you are entitled to a free bag perk, your airline reservation itself will handle that and apply it as the bag check in is done. If a fee is due, X will add to your sea pass account.

When X check you in, they will do so just as a porter at the curb in airport does, and levy any costs as necessary. If 1st class, no fees, if 1 bag free only bill for 2nd bag etc. I have read numerous accounts of overweight bags not getting hit for the overweight fees with the program.

I fly United, and have noticed that the Celebrity bag checks get replaced by United bag checks at the airport. In my case they even affixed the HEAVY tag to my bag, (as well as the PRIORITY tags) but I had no fee anyway, as I was in 1st class. So at some point the bags are weighed by someone....

The $20 fee covers up to 2 bags to the same destination.

Thank you for clarifying :)

Since you have used this service in the past and have sailed much more frequently than we have (not for lack of wishing on our part!! :D), perhaps you could shed some light on whether the Valet service is available to people flying into Canada from the US? I've read conflicting answers.

After doing some additional reading I STILL don't believe that we are eligible for the service since our flight does not leave until early the following day, but that won't always be the case and we're definitely intrigued by the service for future use.

I can't answer the Canada question. To my knowledge it has always been for domestic flights only, and only certain ports participate, and even then not all ships in that port participate, they sometimes have a minimum required participation.

I also think that for a flight leaving the next day to would be a no go as the airport may not ant to store the luggage for that period.

You may have to wait and ask once you board the ship. On my last sillie sailing they didn't really publicize it well at all, just a note in the daily, and had to get the form from guest services. I almost missed it, but as I was in a suite, the concierge asked if I want the service so I jumped on it.

I can't answer the Canada question. To my knowledge it has always been for domestic flights only, and only certain ports participate, and even then not all ships in that port participate, they sometimes have a minimum required participation.

I also think that for a flight leaving the next day to would be a no go as the airport may not ant to store the luggage for that period.

You may have to wait and ask once you board the ship. On my last sillie sailing they didn't really publicize it well at all, just a note in the daily, and had to get the form from guest services. I almost missed it, but as I was in a suite, the concierge asked if I want the service so I jumped on it.

Thanks again for the quick response, cle-guy. I'm usually more of a fly-on-the-wall type of participant, but I do follow your posts all over this board and I always really appreciate your input. :)

I have a form from a March 2013 cruise on Eclipse which I've attached. Since this is two years old the terms might have changed, but according to that form:

Flight must be the same day as disembarkation.

There is nothing on the form which says it is limited to domestic flights. In fact there is a space for international travelers to enter information. I thought I remembered there being a limitation of the end destination being domestic but that might have been a long time ago.

We haven't used the luggage valet program for years as it's been a long time since we've had a late enough flight to bother with it.

Luggage Valet Eclipse Martch 2013 Port Everglades.pdf

I have a form from a March 2013 cruise on Eclipse which I've attached. Since this is two years old the terms might have changed, but according to that form:

Flight must be the same day as disembarkation.

There is nothing on the form which says it is limited to domestic flights. In fact there is a space for international travelers to enter information. I thought I remembered there being a limitation of the end destination being domestic but that might have been a long time ago.

We haven't used the luggage valet program for years as it's been a long time since we've had a late enough flight to bother with it.

Oh, this is exactly the information I was looking for! We're not eligible this time, but this is I think our fifth cruise with Celebrity and I am SURE there will be many others. We won't always fly out the next day. Thank you! :D

We are flying home to the US from Buenos Aires the same day we disembark the ship. Called Captains Club and they said valet service was available. Just not sure about that answer. Don't always get correct answers from C. Has anyone had experience with this service in BA? Just need to make arrangements at the hotel we stay precruise if not able to send luggage on to airport. Thanks.