Carnival Platinum Members

Casco Bay Kid

2 cruises ago I attended a meet and greet. It was a large group and this particular cruise had a large amount of platinum cruisers. At the meet and greet several officers attended along with the CD and some give always were provided. One of the officers did a question and answer period. He was bombarded with a bunch of crybaby whiners who complained that they don't receive free this or free that. And we should get more because we cruise so much. As I read the roll call many of them booked the cheapest inside room and spend very little to nothing on board. Don't drink and don't gamble. Then proceeded to tell everyone they are the bread and butter. Then on my last cruise while waiting in guest services. (I need 1 more cruise to be platinum) so I patiently wait while a platinum member walks right up and proceeded to complain about 1 hot tub being down the whole cruise and service being slow in the dining room and demanded an on board credit. Then there are the bunch that complain about the free gift they get. Sheesh. It's never ending. If I worked on a cruise ship I would hate the platinum guest. What a pain in the behind. I am a regular a several restaurants and stores in my area. I don't get free crap and I still patronize these places because I like them. No need for special treatment. I will do the same with Carnival.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

On Princess, I have noticed that a majority of the staterooms allocated to Elite members are interior rooms. For those who are not aware, Princess has a sheet of paper in each guest's mailbox that has their full names and an obvious image that depicts their Captain's Circle Membership Level (Blue, Gold, Ruby, Platinum and Elite). I have found that the Elite (and Platinum) members are always the most vocal when things go wrong and are usually the ones to remove their tips, even with generous onboard credits being given. As long as the cruise line allows them to do so, there is nothing that can be done about it.

I am very close to Diamond now and I too hate all the complaining. I love the laundry perk, getting on/off easier etc. If I don't like the gift I give it to someone else on the cruise. It's not a problem. But that said, I truly believe there are some people out there that will never be happy. Sad.

The entitlement crowd. :mad:

I have never removed tips...in fact tip extra cash for good service.

I have never complained to guest services. There have been minor issues from time to time but nothing that would make or break my cruise.

I have 18 cruises with CCL because I like to cruise and I enjoy the product / value they offer.......not for the free stuff nor to be first in line.

In fact, we usually arrive at port around 1:00 and walk right on the ship.

Please don't think that ALL Platinum / Diamond members are like that. I shake my head sometimes, when I read some threads here on CC, and what I see and hear aboard ship. It is sad. :(

I agree. I've heard people (on more than 1 occasion) say "I'm Platinum" when dealing with staff.

When I was on my first cruise just last Oct. a diamond guest was up at guest services screaming that a hotub on the serenity deck was broken. Without even thinking about it i opend my mouth and put them in thier place saying something like yes this person your yelling at woke up early this morning to break the hot tub just cause you were here blah blah blah. I have worked in the service industry and can not stand when someone yells at anyone trying to earn a pay check. After he walked away i went up to the counter and just asked that a couple extra pillows be dropped off at the room before bed and when we got back from dinner i had 2 extra pillows and some chocolate covered strawberrys! Just always remember before you yell at someone behind the counter that they are human as well.

I don't cruise for the perks. I do it because I love being on the ship. However, I will find it hard to cruise another line now that I have priority boarding as I don't like long lines trying to get on the ship.

coasteranim.jpg.ff0f37bee3030486cade1088ab241a3a.jpg

2 cruises ago I attended a meet and greet. It was a large group and this particular cruise had a large amount of platinum cruisers. At the meet and greet several officers attended along with the CD and some give always were provided. One of the officers did a question and answer period. He was bombarded with a bunch of crybaby whiners who complained that they don't receive free this or free that. And we should get more because we cruise so much. As I read the roll call many of them booked the cheapest inside room and spend very little to nothing on board. Don't drink and don't gamble. Then proceeded to tell everyone they are the bread and butter. Then on my last cruise while waiting in guest services. (I need 1 more cruise to be platinum) so I patiently wait while a platinum member walks right up and proceeded to complain about 1 hot tub being down the whole cruise and service being slow in the dining room and demanded an on board credit. Then there are the bunch that complain about the free gift they get. Sheesh. It's never ending. If I worked on a cruise ship I would hate the platinum guest. What a pain in the behind. I am a regular a several restaurants and stores in my area. I don't get free crap and I still patronize these places because I like them. No need for special treatment. I will do the same with Carnival.

We are Platinum on Carnival and about to be Platinum on Princess...it is truly sad that people have to act like this....demanding, yelling, etc. In all of our years of cruising, the only time I had to speak to Guest Services about something that was not working correctly was when we were on the Sunshine in Europe two years ago. They were still doing construction on the ship while it was in service, and unfortunately they were banging and grinding on stuff in the wee hours of the morning. I made a simple call to guest services and told them...kindly... that I understood that they still had to work on the ship to get the rooms ready for future guests. I asked if there was anything that could be done from either moving the time that they worked, or maybe seeing if they had a different cabin available. Again, we were very kind and understanding...as well as flexible. They told me that they would see what they could do and I said thank you very much. We never heard the construction noises again, the guest services people called us back several times during the cruise to see how we were doing, and also gave us some onboard credit which was not asked for at any time, and was totally unexpected...to which we also said thank you and that they did not need to do that.

There is another poster who said it correctly. Too many of these people feel entitled and that is unfortunate. The people who work on these ships work very hard to make our experiences the best they can possible be. There is no need to yell at them or be rude to them. Kindness followed by a thank you can go a VERY long way.

you know complainers have blue,red,gold,and yes platinum colored cards. I sometime think that people who post here and mention platinum cardholders are simply envious and pick on the platinum people. usually its the rude people on board who are just that way no matter weather on land or sea

you know complainers have blue,red,gold,and yes platinum colored cards. I sometime think that people who post here and mention platinum cardholders are simply envious and pick on the platinum people. usually its the rude people on board who are just that way no matter weather on land or sea

agree!!!!:)

Also long as people believe , true or not, that complaining got them something extra, they will stand in line for an hour to get it. As long as the brand ambassador post rewards handed out for bad behavior, bad behavior will continue to grow. As long as TV shows feature screaming idiots and describes them as celebrities, people will emulate that behavior.

Also long as people believe , true or not, that complaining got them something extra, they will stand in line for an hour to get it. As long as the brand ambassador post rewards handed out for bad behavior, bad behavior will continue to grow. As long as TV shows feature screaming idiots and describes them as celebrities, people will emulate that behavior.

So true

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Human nature is often such that people "think" they are entitled....and the more "power" they THINK they have the more they want to ensure others that they actually have it. Unless I am directly impacted by someone else's ego trip I just ignore them and move on my merry way. The OTHER 2000 passengers that haven't reached platinum really don't give a flip about perks others have garnered.

I had in-laws who lived in Florida were retired and cruised every other weekend on the same line because they could drive to port and book at very cheap prices (such that a cruise cost them what a nice evening out would). They probably had a hundred cruises they had been on. They, like so many other platinums were just cabin fillers..they also booked left over rooms, didn't drink, didn't gamble and didn't book excursions. But they loved boasting about being a platinum guest. My sister, on the other hand, cruises continually but she has been on almost every cruise line...enjoying the experience of different ships, different itineraries, different departure ports. I don't think she has gotten platinum status on any one line....and I know she could care less. I think I'd rather be my Sister.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

I'll take Class Labeling for $500 Alex.

Don't put us all in your bucket, you had a study of one.

It was not a study of one. There were many at a meet and greet. Most of them wanting this and that. Then another on my next cruise that remove tips and demanded OBC. I also hear the "I'm Platinum thrown around by many while cruising" Just making a point being Platinum is nice but your not God.

are you complaining about the complainers?:confused: