Carnival Platinum Members

Casco Bay Kid

Folks, when people are complaining about folks using the Platinum line, they aren't referring to the line at Guest Services. They are referring to the way people insert " I am Platinum" at every opportunity. If something is wrong, it should be corrected because it is wrong, not because of their status.

Folks, when people are complaining about folks using the Platinum line, they aren't referring to the line at Guest Services. They are referring to the way people insert " I am Platinum" at every opportunity. If something is wrong, it should be corrected because it is wrong, not because of their status.

As in... playing the DYKWIA game.

I am platinum with Carnival as well. I can guarantee that I have never yelled at anyone or removed any tips. I do think half of the issue is the individual, no matter what their level is. They will complain. The other half is Carnival's marketing. For Carnival to say, become Platinum/Diamond, you are special, you will get special perks, we value your business. If a problems comes up those members want to get treated like they were promised, special, getting something no one else will get.

It is not just Carnival but any company that has a loyalty program such as this.

I am platinum with Carnival as well. I can guarantee that I have never yelled at anyone or removed any tips. I do think half of the issue is the individual, no matter what their level is. They will complain. The other half is Carnival's marketing. For Carnival to say, become Platinum/Diamond, you are special, you will get special perks, we value your business. If a problems comes up those members want to get treated like they were promised, special, getting something no one else will get.

It is not just Carnival but any company that has a loyalty program such as this.

Quoted for truth and with the new program at least, they should treat their platinum members better. 75 days is a lot of cruising. If you average $100 a day for a couple, that is $15000 a couple no matter how you cut. Not sure anyone averages that low considering on board cost and tips.

Sorry, but platinum members are a dime a dozen in the retirement belt. ALL passengers deserve to be treated as though they are "special"...perks are tangible things like early boarding, free drink, a gift. They haven't earned the right to think that their problems are anymore noteworthy than any other passenger's concerns.

I imagine a cruise staff would rather have a ship full of newbies who don't have any unrealistic expectations than deal with entitled "platinums" who want a 1000 buck experience for their 200 buck investment per cruise.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

People are still smoking on their balconies. A blind eye is being turned. The smoking ban on the balconies is a paper tiger.

Yeh, just like all the other rules suggested by Carnival this one, too, will be difficult to enforce. Based on what I read on this forum "rules" are only meant for the other guy so why should "smoking" be any different.

When the whole smoking debate comes up , as a twenty year ex smoker , I say to smokers . If all smokers asked those around them if their smoke was bothering them and put it out or moved when told yes . There would be no need for smoking bans and rules .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When the whole smoking debate comes up , as a twenty year ex smoker , I say to smokers . If all smokers asked those around them if their smoke was bothering them and put it out or moved when told yes . There would be no need for smoking bans and rules .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The smoking ban on balconies on CCL and other lines is likely a response to the Star Princess fire. That fire was caused by a cig on the balcony and put the ship out of commission for awhile.

Most likely, Loyds told them to ban smoking or face a hike in insurance premiums.

when the whole smoking debate comes up , as a twenty year ex smoker , i say to smokers . If all smokers asked those around them if their smoke was bothering them and put it out or moved when told yes . There would be no need for smoking bans and rules .

Sent from my iphone using forums

amen !!

Quoted for truth and with the new program at least, they should treat their platinum members better. 75 days is a lot of cruising. If you average $100 a day for a couple, that is $15000 a couple no matter how you cut. Not sure anyone averages that low considering on board cost and tips.

This is accurate with the new program. Before it changed though wasn't it something like 7 cruises and you were Platinum? Which means an easy 21 days. If you take 3 day cruises....

Not all are bad but there is an "entitled group" that makes everybody else look bad typically in that persons eye that has to deal with it. Until that person sees another Platinum guest come around to change their view they will typically label "all" as that type.

This is accurate with the new program. Before it changed though wasn't it something like 7 cruises and you were Platinum? Which means an easy 21 days. If you take 3 day cruises....

Not all are bad but there is an "entitled group" that makes everybody else look bad typically in that persons eye that has to deal with it. Until that person sees another Platinum guest come around to change their view they will typically label "all" as that type.

10 before the end of that year I was lucky to be grandfathered in, otherwise I would still be five days from platinum. So far I've done 6 platinum cruises.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg I still cruise for warm chocolate melting cake (with two sugar free vanilla ice creams)

Edited by ccruisequeen

Up until recently, those 21 days comprised of 3 day cruises versus 21 days of a 7 day cruises aren't exactly the same cost. The per diem rate, as well as the expected onboard spend are higher on the 3 night cruise, which would then become the more valuable customer to Carnival.

Edited by Pixelate

Carnival is the only line (that I know of) that gives you your loyalty perks on the cruise that you earned it on.

If you hit 77 days even on the last day of a cruise, you are Platinum for that cruise. Princess puts you at the next level after you hit. (5 completed cruises or 50 days to Platinum, benefits start on your 6th cruise or the first cruise after you hit 50.)

Also we get our free laundry back the same day. Princess Elite (15 cruises/150 days) have to wait up to three days for laundry.

Up until recently, those 21 days comprised of 3 day cruises versus 21 days of a 7 day cruises aren't exactly the same cost. The per diem rate, as well as the expected onboard spend are higher on the 3 night cruise, which would then become the more valuable customer to Carnival.

Not always true. With the proliferation of the 100 dollar cruises on the inspiration and imagination those sometime higher per diems can be skewed.

Many people like to throw their self-perceived weight around with demands, using titles, status, and belittling people. Even on CC many of these people list "I'm a this, I'm a that" on their signature that takes up half a page.

I think Guest Services should give these people a Ship on a Stick and tell them they are special when they come a whining.