Carnival Platinum Members

Casco Bay Kid

It's the Platinum complainers that throw that in your face that would make it embarrassing to be Platinum. I wonder how many cabin stewards think "oh god I have platinum guests in 4 cabins" "I suppose they'll be nagging me all cruise"

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

2 cruises ago I attended a meet and greet. It was a large group and this particular cruise had a large amount of platinum cruisers. At the meet and greet several officers attended along with the CD and some give always were provided. One of the officers did a question and answer period. He was bombarded with a bunch of crybaby whiners who complained that they don't receive free this or free that. And we should get more because we cruise so much. As I read the roll call many of them booked the cheapest inside room and spend very little to nothing on board. Don't drink and don't gamble. Then proceeded to tell everyone they are the bread and butter. Then on my last cruise while waiting in guest services. (I need 1 more cruise to be platinum) so I patiently wait while a platinum member walks right up and proceeded to complain about 1 hot tub being down the whole cruise and service being slow in the dining room and demanded an on board credit. Then there are the bunch that complain about the free gift they get. Sheesh. It's never ending. If I worked on a cruise ship I would hate the platinum guest. What a pain in the behind. I am a regular a several restaurants and stores in my area. I don't get free crap and I still patronize these places because I like them. No need for special treatment. I will do the same with Carnival.

Glad you found a way to vent. I've been platinum for a while and haven't used the guest services dedicated line to voice any complaints. I have used my platinum card to get free laundry and priority embarkation, debarkation and tender service. I could not care less about the free platinum gift or ship pin or whatever doodah they are handing out. I don't drink booze at the Past Guest Get Togethers.

I have been asked by non Platinum members who were strangers to me about sharing some of my perks with them, or having them ride my priority status off and on the ship. Should I now make broad sweeping statements about non - platinum cruisers? What about all the posts here that start with: "I'm not platinum, but my friends' friend is, so can I get........." Or some of the answers to the non platinum, non FTTF poster who asked about getting to the cabin prior to the doors being open?

My last cruise I sat at a ten top with all Platinum and Diamond cruisers and heard not one complaint or issue amongst them.

I've never felt the need to mention actions like this until now.

There are idiots everywhere, please don't limit them to one class. This can be a life lesson well learned.

Edited by evandbob

We are platinum and don't complain unless it is a urgent matter, maybe twice in all our years. I have heard the complainers you speak of and they are of all card colors, maybe they have sad lives and expect sad vacations too. We did downgrade to a OV room this year but that was because of DH smoking and me not wanting to tempt him on a balcony. I will miss my balcony but I'm still cruising and that's what is important. And I'm not complaining about it, was my decision.

I will be Platinum on Sunday when I board the Dream and so far I have never had a thing to complain about except that they make you leave the ship at the end of the cruise! Sure I can see that there are legitimate issues in every business but the way some people complain about everything is just a waste of air.

It was not a study of one. There were many at a meet and greet. Most of them wanting this and that. Then another on my next cruise that remove tips and demanded OBC. I also hear the "I'm Platinum thrown around by many while cruising" Just making a point being Platinum is nice but your not God.

I agree 100%. I am Platinum but that does not make me better then anyone else. It is just terrible to remove tips from hardworking crew.

The only time I have used the "platinum" line at guest services was at 1 am to ask about the noise I could hear from the piano bar which was directly below our cabin. My mistake in booking, live and learn. But, guess what? Platinum status didn't give me any perks in getting in line. That's because there was no line. But, the desk was very apologetic, sent me strawberries the next day and a discount on my next cruise. I don't think the strawberries or discount had anything to do with being platinum either, they were just being nice because of the noise which no one could do anything about for 7 long nights. lol

2 cruises ago I attended a meet and greet. It was a large group and this particular cruise had a large amount of platinum cruisers. At the meet and greet several officers attended along with the CD and some give always were provided. One of the officers did a question and answer period. He was bombarded with a bunch of crybaby whiners who complained that they don't receive free this or free that. And we should get more because we cruise so much. As I read the roll call many of them booked the cheapest inside room and spend very little to nothing on board. Don't drink and don't gamble. Then proceeded to tell everyone they are the bread and butter. Then on my last cruise while waiting in guest services. (I need 1 more cruise to be platinum) so I patiently wait while a platinum member walks right up and proceeded to complain about 1 hot tub being down the whole cruise and service being slow in the dining room and demanded an on board credit. Then there are the bunch that complain about the free gift they get. Sheesh. It's never ending. If I worked on a cruise ship I would hate the platinum guest. What a pain in the behind. I am a regular a several restaurants and stores in my area. I don't get free crap and I still patronize these places because I like them. No need for special treatment. I will do the same with Carnival.

Hi fellow cruisers: Just thought I would add my two cents to this thread. We have sailed with Carnival since 1991 and have been Platinum members since Nov. 2000.Also, Diamond Plus on Royal,elite on Princess, Elite on Celebrity, and just Lattitudes lover level on Norwegian. I hope you don't put all platinum and higher in the behavior manner that you have stated. In my 43 cruises I have probably heard more whining and complaining from season cruisers with one or two cruises than anyone else. We sail mostly now with other lines as, up to 325.00 credit off balcony on each sailing, free drinks in Diamond lounge and any other bars from 5 to 800pm,priority debarkation and embarkation, laundry, free photos and many more. I might add in our time with Carnival we never had and inside room, but There is nothing wrong with booking any room type you like, regardless of your sailing history.We drink and gamble. we use the priority line at guess services as I have paid for this perk. Use laundry and embarkation and debarkation perks also. Have never used priority tendering.

My advice to you is spend some time down at the guess services, on Carnival , and many other lines and you will get a earful of complaints, and its not from the silver card people usually. Most people who have earned this perk use it but DON"T abuse it. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida

I'm platinum and I do use the free laundry perk and express line at guest services, but I often travel in a group and I wait in line to embark with all my friends/relatives. I think people think everything should be perfect or go exactly like they want it too, and that's just not realistic. I love Carnival or I wouldn't keep cruising with them. Things change and people need to learn to adjust to changes.

I'm platinum and I do use the free laundry perk and express line at guest services, but I often travel in a group and I wait in line to embark with all my friends/relatives. I think people think everything should be perfect or go exactly like they want it too, and that's just not realistic. I love Carnival or I wouldn't keep cruising with them. Things change and people need to learn to adjust to changes.

It's not realistic to have expectations of a positive experience that meet a specific reasonable criteria when you're paying thousands of dollars and investing full days of your time on a vacation? It's not realistic to expect fully working hotel accommodations? It's not realistic to expect edible and decent tasting food? It's not realistic to expect certain items (such as a pool) to be available without being told prior to embarkation?

I'm glad you're not Gerry Cahill, but you might as well be.

Edited by Pixelate

Also long as people believe , true or not, that complaining got them something extra, they will stand in line for an hour to get it. As long as the brand ambassador post rewards handed out for bad behavior, bad behavior will continue to grow. As long as TV shows feature screaming idiots and describes them as celebrities, people will emulate that behavior.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! good post

Also long as people believe , true or not, that complaining got them something extra, they will stand in line for an hour to get it. As long as the brand ambassador post rewards handed out for bad behavior, bad behavior will continue to grow. As long as TV shows feature screaming idiots and describes them as celebrities, people will emulate that behavior.

Very true. The more he keeps rewarding bad behavior the more bad behavior he will get.

DH and I are Platinums and have cruised 22 times on Carnival. The only vocal complaint we have made to the corporate executive is the stupid policy change not allowing smoking on balconies anymore. It's outside for goodness sakes - we'll never understand this. We also dislike whiners and complainers and there are enough of them on this message board. The worst ones are those who complain about the weather forcing Carnival to make a change in itinerary. We enjoy Carnival and have sailed so many times because of convenience - we live in Florida and the ports are fairly close by. Holland America is really our favorite, but Tampa, Port Canaveral, and Jacksonville are more convenient ports for us, so we don't sail on HAL as much as we would like.

I would like to lodge an observation, but it's not about Platinums. We usually book suites and Carnival suites do not offer any perks except priority embarkation and dembarkation. Holland American Neptune Suites, which we just sailed in one in November, provide access to a Neptune Lounge with concierges who can order your meals for your suite, which we take advantage of, snack food that changes throughout the day, and a very pleasant place to gather with others. We also received an invitation to a cocktail party with the Captain and department heads, plus other perks through the cruise. Carnival should up their number of perks for suite guests in our opinion.

Thank you for this post.

Now I know why the MDR hostess called us 'my favorite platinum cruisers'. It was sort of embarrassing. 😳

Unfortunately it's the bad apples that spoil it for the rest of us. We all get tarred with the same feather.

I've learnt to tell any CSR ( phone or at GS) that I'm upset with the situation, not with them. They know I need to get this 'horrible' thing off my chest and that any anger in my voice is not to be taken personally. This calms everything down immediately.

:rolleyes:I've found this post to be quite interesting, especially since I make it a point that we don't disclose we are platinum to anyone. People are so judgmental - especially when they think you are getting something they don't get......I've used the platinum line at guest services, and hate the "daggar looks" you get....but that's the perk, so I take advantage of it.

We never complain about anything... just roll with the punches whatever it is. Sometimes stuff just happens - that's life!....and occasionally it's your turn! But my platinum card is not a "get out of jail" free card! I appreciate the couple of little perks you get, but if we didn't get them, who cares.....Let's face it, Carnival is a budget line, so why would you get 5 star perks?

I used manage a group of several employees, and my observation on a daily basis was a follows: You could give everyone a $100 bill as a Christmas bonus, and there would be 5 employees who would bit_h it wasn't 5 twenties!

you know complainers have blue,red,gold,and yes platinum colored cards. I sometime think that people who post here and mention platinum cardholders are simply envious and pick on the platinum people. usually its the rude people on board who are just that way no matter weather on land or sea

Agree....

I can remember a platinum guest shouting she was priority and diamond and she should be on the tender first...she shouted at her husband as well and called the staff *******s.

In the same tender line a platinum lady we had talked to in the embarkation lounge let some very elderly people get on before her and helped them step up on the boat.

Platinum or not you get good and bad apples.

DH and I are Platinums and have cruised 22 times on Carnival. The only vocal complaint we have made to the corporate executive is the stupid policy change not allowing smoking on balconies anymore.

Looks like we cancelled each other out. I called them and praised their change.