Upsell to the Pinnacle

CruiseWhere

We were just offered an upsell from our Neptune Suite to the Pinnacle for $1129/person for a 7 day cruise on the Ryndam. Sounds crazy to me! Thoughts?? We did take the upsell on the Veendam for 18 days in Dec 2013 for only a $1000. more. The bottom line to me is only more room...

I guess I missed the boat as I have always seen a big gap between the Neptune and the PS.

that being said, I am no judge of PS pricing on a 7 day cruise as we rarely do them and unless the deal was great - I doubt I would consider a PS for 7 days.

It's all a matter of what is worth it to YOU and what you want.

No one can tell you what is right for the two of you.

We were just offered an upsell from our Neptune Suite to the Pinnacle for $1129/person for a 7 day cruise on the Ryndam. Sounds crazy to me! Thoughts?? We did take the upsell on the Veendam for 18 days in Dec 2013 for only a $1000. more. The bottom line to me is only more room...

I'm not particularly fond of the S/R Class Pinnacle Suites so I wouldn't accept that.

And while I know as a smaller ship it commands a higher premium, when I did my cruise in the PS on Eurodam, it was a 7 day cruise and we paid $799/pp to upgrade. As we had a group of 12 of us and also had the Grand Cabana on Half Moon Cay it was perfect. The PS suite was the big gathering spot ON the ship.

If you're travelling with several others it can be a good move but strongly consider how much of that room is the big dining room with table for 6-8. If you don't plan on having a private dinner with several friends within the suite it's a lot of lost space that you won't really be using.

And as others have said, you obviously know whether or not it's worth it to you for your plans during the cruise

Just curious as to what you feel the difference is?:confused:

Just going by the cruises I have booked - there is usually a huge difference in the PS and NS - about a 33% I think at the least, depending upon the ship you are on. If you go online, you should still be able to see the original price of the PS. If the offer is less than 1/2 then it is a somewhat fair offer. That's what HAl usually starts at for upsells to the PS in my experience.

We've only done two. and I doubt we will do another one. Both were done because of groups on our cruise and the ability to share the space with others.

On our P'dam cruise the PS was was about 40% more. It really depends upon how big the ship is and the itinerary.

Those are our thoughts exactly as it is only 7 days. We have no friends joining us. So IMO we would just be paying for more room!

We received a $999 pp NS to PS upgrade offer for our 7 day cruise which we declined. Given they were selling for $3500 pp it would have technically been a good deal (considering what we paid for the NS) but still $2000 for 7 days can go a lot further spent elsewhere.

I did like the thought of the jacuzzi on the balcony, not sure if they have that on all PS.