Celebrity Solstice

We will be embarking on the Celebrity Solstice to cruise the Top End Of Australia next month. We are getting quite excited and have everything organised including 3 reservations in the specialty restaurants. Do hope they are as good as they look.

A question I would like to ask is there a kettle in your cabin so as you are able to have that early morning coffee on your balcony without having to head out to the nearest coffee station? Look forward to your answers. Cheers we are counting down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No not unless you are in a suite. If you want to chance the room service coffee then it's always available but usually takes up to 30mins to arrive. Cafe El baccio on deck 5 opens early to quite late if you want real coffee but you pay extra.

As mentioned there is no kettle unless in a suite and you cannot bring one on board. The coffee in the buffet, MDR and room service is a syrup based coffee and is not to our taste, I call it Conference coffee as it reminds me of that type of coffee (very bitter/burnt taste) so I always head to Cafe' al Baccio and pick up breaky and coffees for the both of us.:D

Thanks for the prompt answers. Looks like DH will have to do the early morning walk while I have those few extra minutes in bed. Cheers

LOL, Get him to open the curtains so you can enjoy the lay-in and watch the world/ocean go by.:D

Another suggestion if you don't want to wander down to the Cafe, take good quality coffee bags on board and order room service of a pot of hot water, we have found it hot enough to give my hubby a reasonable morning cup to kick start him.

However on the Century he found that Celebrity's cafe coffee is actually quite good, and having the drinks package, used to pop down there each morning and get us both a latte.

:cool:Hey SOL MATES!

Welcome aboard!! Hope we see you at the SOL MATE sailaway - we are meeting at the Mast Bar at around 8 pm, and you need to turn up wearing (top, jewellery, hat etc.) something RED - there are approximately 90 people from the US, UK, and OZ (not to mention the Kiwis) attending. (Not a club, or anything, just people who met on the Celebrity threads, looking to have a couple of drinks and meet others on this cruise).

If you look at the Roll Call for the 25th February, you will see lots about the different activities and sightseeing tours that are being organised.:cool:

Hope you have a wonderful cruise - we're just about ready after booking January last year!

Bring it on!!

Kind regards

ratacake

(Patricia and Roy)

PS Oh, by the way, your question was about coffee, wasn't it? I should have stayed on the thread....

I don't drink it, sorry!!! :D

:cool:Hey SOL MATES!

Welcome aboard!! Hope we see you at the SOL MATE sailaway - we are meeting at the Mast Bar at around 8 pm, and you need to turn up wearing (top, jewellery, hat etc.) something RED - there are approximately 90 people from the US, UK, and OZ (not to mention the Kiwis) attending. (Not a club, or anything, just people who met on the Celebrity threads, looking to have a couple of drinks and meet others on this cruise).

If you look at the Roll Call for the 25th February, you will see lots about the different activities and sightseeing tours that are being organised.:cool:

Hope you have a wonderful cruise - we're just about ready after booking January last year!

Bring it on!!

Kind regards

ratacake

(Patricia and Roy)

PS Oh, by the way, your question was about coffee, wasn't it? I should have stayed on the thread....

I don't drink it, sorry!!! :D

LOL, It sounds like you are very excited, so it is a good thing that you avoid any more stimulants like coffee.:D

We will be embarking on the Celebrity Solstice to cruise the Top End Of Australia next month. We are getting quite excited and have everything organised including 3 reservations in the specialty restaurants. Do hope they are as good as they look.

A question I would like to ask is there a kettle in your cabin so as you are able to have that early morning coffee on your balcony without having to head out to the nearest coffee station? Look forward to your answers. Cheers we are counting down.

Hi,

You will love Solstice...great ship.The coffee in the buffet coffee stations is Lavazza coffee we found it the best coffee on any cruise we have been on.....Most cruise the coffee in the buffet on deck is yuk.

Enjoy the cruise and do not miss the main show which is very similiar to cir de solie...its excellent

Col

Hi,

You will love Solstice...great ship.The coffee in the buffet coffee stations is Lavazza coffee we found it the best coffee on any cruise we have been on.....Most cruise the coffee in the buffet on deck is yuk.

Enjoy the cruise and do not miss the main show which is very similiar to cir de solie...its excellent

Col

Agree with all points, except the coffee from the buffet, I think it is yuk.:D

The coffee from the push button machines in the buffet is yuck. But the bar near the entrance to the buffet (elevator end) has proper coffee machine served by barristers.

The coffee you buy (or get with the package) is fine, :D the other coffee may be free but it is syrup based and is not nice at all.:(

Edited by MicCanberra

Is soft drink included in the beverage package?

Sure is, or you can get just a soft drink package, or a soft drink and coffee package, if that's what you are likely to drink get the OBC on 1-2-3 and buy one of these once on board.

Edited by GUT2407

Should add herself is a coffee / tea drinker in a big way and she thought the hot drinks at the Cafe were great.

I just wish they didn't have all the pastries right there with them, as when she got her drink was tempted by all the black and whites and doughnuts and the such like.

Sorry, there r no kettles allowed in balcony. Appreciate any help about this: We would like to go on the Celebrity solistice for cruise to New Zealand only. Have been trying to find either land or cruise to Australia before this. Most i have seen only do 2 nights in maybe 3 places. Anyone know of how to do just Australia, so have more time in each place and then do cruise on Solistice to New Zealand? appreciate any info, thanks,

Sorry, there r no kettles allowed in balcony. Appreciate any help about this: We would like to go on the Celebrity solistice for cruise to New Zealand only. Have been trying to find either land or cruise to Australia before this. Most i have seen only do 2 nights in maybe 3 places. Anyone know of how to do just Australia, so have more time in each place and then do cruise on Solistice to New Zealand? appreciate any info, thanks,

It is a large place, we love cruising and doing land tours as well but they really only give you a taste of the place. We compile a list after doing this method for a return journey where we then stay for several days at each place and just travel between them on our own. There are tours that take in the big three of Australia (Sydney, Uluru and the Great barrier reef) but I suggest you fly in to Sydney pre-cruise and stay for a few days at the very least. Do a search of the forum and there are threads that have people like Terry from Ohio that have travelled around Australia and NZ by various methods. Cruise, tour and self travelling.:D

Just wanted to add that if you do go to Bacio for your coffee, the cups are large and the crew only put one shot of (not all that strong) espresso in as standard. I always ask for an extra shot to make it taste like coffee. To be honest, if I hadn't felt lie it would be drawing attention to myself, I would have asked for two!

And if you're after tea and you're not on a drinks package, the teabags in the buffet and the Spa cafe are perfectly good and free - unlike at Bacio. (They're perfectly good there, too - but not free!)

I like the coffee in the buffet especially at breakfast. One shot in a espresso is more than enough for me anyway. Too much caffeine has me walking on the ceiling.

Room service I have found has more than acceptable coffee.

Suggest you try it out early into the cruise. If it works for you great if not off down to Café Bacio for someone.

Hope to see you at the sailaway and Connections Party

DH will be only too pleased to go and get my coffee each morning. Perhaps I will return the favour a couple of times or I might ring in room service to save an early morning trip to Cafe Bacio. We have 17 days to work it all out. Just can't wait for our cruise sooo exciting.

And if you're after tea and you're not on a drinks package, the teabags in the buffet and the Spa cafe are perfectly good and free - unlike at Bacio. (They're perfectly good there, too - but not free!)

Bacio has some really good tea though, different from the ones elsewhere.

Those in the buffet and café are certainly fine, but just your standard green, earl grey, breakfast and so on.