Semi-Live from Brilliance of the Seas: Jan 22-26

leinhto

Thanks for checking on the Coke machine (bummer) and for posting the Chops menu. I'm celebrating my birthday on the cruise and I might just splurge for the lobster that night.

Thanks for all your posts. I will be looking at this all day instead of the snow outside my window!

Thanks for checking on the Coke machine (bummer) and for posting the Chops menu. I'm celebrating my birthday on the cruise and I might just splurge for the lobster that night.

Thanks for all your posts. I will be looking at this all day instead of the snow outside my window!

I am getting on Brilliance on March 5th, and we return on my birthday March 9th. I think I just may splurge on lobster as well!! :)

I'm also looking at all these photos to get the snow outside my window off my mind as well!! :):)

Edited by manders175

Sorry about that previous post...didn't post the quote right.

I am getting on Brilliance on March 5th, and we return on my birthday March 9th. I think I just may splurge on lobster as well!! :)

I'm also looking at all these photos to get the snow outside my window off my mind as well!! :):)

I think everyone should be on a cruise on their birthday! :D

Sunday evening after a 3hr nap[emoji33] we started to get ready for dinner at Chops. As usual I was ready before my DW and snapped what I could of the sunset through the clouds.

de7f9cd114974c9bfba10452a3965708.jpg

The moment was cut short by the distinctive smell of marijuana. It appears guests about 3 or 4 cabins down were lighting it up. Could have been for medicinal purposes. We caught the same smell after we returned from dinner too.

The moment was cut short by the distinctive smell of marijuana. It appears guests about 3 or 4 cabins down were lighting it up. Could have been for medicinal purposes. We caught the same smell after we returned from dinner too.

That's disappointing. Medicinal purposes or not, its smoking and should be restricted. :confused:

Thank you for all these photos, updates and opinions!

I made a stop at Guest Services for something. It was the first time I saw it staffed with one person. We were fourth in line. Fortunately someone else came and sped things up. Another wow moment I should mention, we had ordered a cheese and fruit plate for one of the couples in our group as a thank you gift for being there for us when my niece had surgery. The lady, Laure, at Guest services was really nice. She followed a day later, the delivery day to confirm whether the gift was received. At the time we had no confirmation from them. Later that day we crossed paths with her in he Centrum and told us she had called Room Service to confirm it was delivered. She seemed real concerned in confirming it was received and asked that I call her when I had heard from the couple. It turns out they did not know it was from us so did not know who to thank. Her customer service skills were top notch. We were impressed.

095135ff1f2faa40a663b4900f00f0ba.jpg

b081e6dc5fc0b0cb92e9c7a4be895eed.jpg

The RBar

42fd3b2ce3ef8bc3e335bcef1502c9b2.jpg

fb4287d9f494456e7e9ea257c0fb4dfc.jpg

I do miss the lighted staircase.

40caf596598314f34c51130ed3293a3a.jpg

Dinner at Chops: A little bitter sweet.

The atmosphere is amazing. It was perfect for our first date in a year since moving.

The dinner bread is a soft pretzels dough, which is provided with garlic butter spread. Amazing!! I ate mine and hers..[emoji12]

1678bd2cf538020f9e81edc18f0164b6.jpg

Menu

cf2275c184e41849a45fbfc0e58195fa.jpg

58153c52c0896369c01cab408c6e5fd3.jpg

I am not a meat eater like my DW so had the crusted tuna. Unlike other crusted tuna I have had this one had too much crust. It also did not have enough sauce to flavor it. I 'm not picky but that was my take. I finished it anyway.

c62d5ccfcd618360f999d577110d89fb.jpg

Sides were all amazing

24adeeb2e364dff2b6625d8917bbe95c.jpg

Chops continued...

The deserts were how should I put it...divine...

ac7c3dddf5ed9d957fe82e2ef384e123.jpg

51974d462dc6954cd77f3d783f92ca3f.jpg

Would I try Chops again...absolutely...but only for a special occasion...unless the lobster is included in the up charge instead of an up charge on the up charge.

The Smoked Salmon Tale

One of my favorites at the WJ for breakfast is the smoked salmon. I was disappointed until Day 3 that there wasn't any laid out. So on Day 4 I asked one of the servers. He simply said I will go get some for you. Really!! I thought to myself, that is all I had to do, ask! So on the morning of disembarkation I asked and I received again. This may also apply to some of your favorites at WJ. So ask if you don't see it.

5651b7d4b899df2a1f3216bb01e5c13e.jpg

Hello! thank you for the great review and pictures!! We are leaving on Feb.8th and I am wondering...what were the temperatures like?? I'm starting to freak out that it is going to be cold! We have done two cruises in the summer and loved them, but we are looking for at least 75....would love 90! I guess I was just thinking it would be a lot warmer down that way than what I think I am seeing.:(