Accidentally Charged Entire Cruise Instead Of Making Payment!!! HELP!!!

brt49

So I have always been scared that I would accidentally hit the payment button without adjusting the amount I wanted to pay towards my cruise.

So instead of a small payment, I charged the full payment. This has put me over my limit and is not something I wanted to do in the first place. My CC company said there would be no extra fees just that I would use up all my available credit.

I called my CC company and they told me to call Princess. As the charge is still pending and it would be up to them to adjust the amount. Since they are closed, I called and left a message for my CVP who has always been responsive to any question or need that I have had in the past.

My question: Has this ever happened to anyone?

If so, was it easy for them to adjust the payment?

Thank You!!!

Edited by brt49
spelling

At this point you've done all you can. Princess will begin taking calls at 6:00am Pacific time. I would not wait for your CVP's call, but call and speak to whomever answers about your issue. It should be pretty easy to rectify.

Good luck...

Lew

At this point you've done all you can. Princess will begin taking calls at 6:00am Pacific time. I would not wait for your CVP's call, but call and speak to whomever answers about your issue. It should be pretty easy to rectify.

Good luck...

Lew

Thank You... It's really not that big of a deal. Just not what I wanted..

Thank You... It's really not that big of a deal. Just not what I wanted..

I did that on another cruise line. Called and they adjusted the charge to what I intended to do. The person I spoke to said that this happened quite frequently.

Calm down and call Princess.

As long as the payment hasn't posted through Princess' system to the credit card company, they should be able to adjust.

If it has, they would have to issue a credit for the variance, which will also work but may take a few days to show up in your line of credit.

Sounds like exactly the sort of thing I might do. :) Between Princess and the card company, you should be able to fix it. Good luck!

It is easy to do, as IIRC the payment amount defaults to full payment. I would prefer that it default to the minimum due (deposit outside 75 days, full payment within). Best of luck to the OP!

So my CVP called and had the finance department reverse the charge. So I just have to wait a day or two till the "Pending" charge disappears. She sent me a new invoice showing the correct balance.

So all is well. Thanks for the Concerns and advice.

And as was said in a previous post in this thread, it is actually a common occurrence. It's just much easier if you call as soon as you notice the mistake.

So my CVP called and had the finance department reverse the charge. So I just have to wait a day or two till the "Pending" charge disappears. She sent me a new invoice showing the correct balance.

So all is well. Thanks for the Concerns and advice.

And as was said in a previous post in this thread, it is actually a common occurrence. It's just much easier if you call as soon as you notice the mistake.

So my instinct to pay the 20% deposit to my TA, then go in fortnightly with cash instalments may be, for me with limited eyesight and wary of online banking, be the best option. Very sorry you had the hassle, but I feel slightly mean for learning of the danger BECAUSE of your mistake.

Am doing the booking tomorrow, the TA has a day off, so couldn't do it this morning!

Crochetcruise :cool:

I have always called customer service and had them take my payment. I do something similar. I pay my deposit and them make installments until the final payment is due. By then is is not much.

Normally it is that way. For my cruise next month, I had money left over from my last trip so I just paid it off. Then I had not burden to worry about.

I am happy that things got straightened out for the OP.