Nieuw Amsterdam 1/25/15

Cruise-Uh-holic

Hello I just have a few questions about my upcoming cruise- I was wondering if anyone who has recently sailed onboard the Nieuw could tell me what movies were playing in the theater, do they still allow people who aren't sailing to board ship with you on embarkation day, and what is the best drink you've had on a HAL ship?

Thank you

Hello I just have a few questions about my upcoming cruise- I was wondering if anyone who has recently sailed onboard the Nieuw could tell me what movies were playing in the theater, do they still allow people who aren't sailing to board ship with you on embarkation day, and what is the best drink you've had on a HAL ship?

Thank you

Can't help you with the movies or which drink to buy, sorry. But I can assure you that you CANNOT bring another person on board the ship. They only allow paying passengers who have filled out the Check-In documents in advance. Sorry!

There have been cases in recent years where passengers have been allowed to bring guests on board, but it requires advance approval, and is more difficult in US ports than elsewhere. Definitely not something that can be done in two days or less.

I could look up the movies that were playing last month if you want, but they won't be the ones shown next week.

Edited by catl331

Rather than wait to find what is playing I start taking a wallet with a bunch of DVD's. Probably about 30 discs. Some new, some old... whatever.

Sometime I will buy DVDs in some ports... like Mumbai, Singapore etc... $2 per movie! I play on laptop... with program 'VLC MEDIA'... I can play DVD for any Region Format.

They don't even allow people who aren't sailing into the terminal building.

I posted all the daily programs from our cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam last month. The movie is listed in the daily program. Here's the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132818

You'll have to scroll through to find all the On Locations (daily programs), but they're all there.

They don't even allow people who aren't sailing into the terminal building.

I posted all the daily programs from our cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam last month. The movie is listed in the daily program. Here's the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132818

You'll have to scroll through to find all the On Locations (daily programs), but they're all there.

Or even easier, thanks to POA1, you can just go to http://www.halfacts.com , click on the General Info tab and scroll down to the On Locations. You'll see the N Amsterdam there.

I had the Blue Coco Mojito when it was the drink of the day. It was tasty! (Not very strong but tasty.) If you like all the flavors of the ingredients obviously, which are (per the HAL website):

"Coconut Rum and fresh lime are expertly shaken together with fresh mint and soda for the perfect “sit and watch the world go by” sipper."