Aqua Class Cabin Locations

lx200gps

Soon to be newby Celebrity cruiser here. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 9 day Med cruise on the Silhouette for September, in honor of our 25th anniversary. We're relatively new at cruising and have stuck with Princess, but need a change.

We're looking at Aqua class, but I have questions re the location. As far as I can tell from the Deck Plans, the only Aqua cabins are A1 and A2 cabins on Deck 11, and this puts some of them right under a busy deck with pools, workout areas, and probably a lot of traffic. Does ANY noise from above make its way down one deck? (or am I misreading the Deck Plans?) There do appear to be some farther aft, which are under cabins, so those would be OK if we can get one of them.

How is noise and vibration at the aft end on these ships? I assume that high up on Deck 11 you'd be well insulated from the mild engine and prop noise and vibration you'd feel farther down? We've been low down in an otherwise good cabin on Princess ships and did notice a very faint buzz, and it was very noticeable when maneuvering in port when the thrusters kicked in.

Also, I have been browsing the available cabins via the Celebrity Web Site, and they only show four cabins at a time in any given class.The only four the available cabins in A2 are directly at the forward elevators/stairs, which is a big no-no for us due to traffic. This far out, will there be other cabins available, just not showing up on their web site? There are some mid-ship and aft A1s, which do show open, but at higher $$$s

I'll be invoking our TA tomorrow to start the ball rolling, but I wanted to get some intel first. If all the decent Aqua rooms are gone this far out, we'll stick with a standard balcony room, the Concierge rooms don't seem to be worth the extra cost, even with getting all three 123 freebies.

Thanks in advance

This is our experience with Aqua class.

1610 - one of the coveted A1s with the huge balcony. EVERY morning at about 7 we heard deck chairs being dragged over us. Also, the overhang made the balcony too dark for our taste.

1548 - A2 under the Solarium - some mornings heard what sounded like a rolling cart also around 7 - 7:30. LOVED the balcony.

1544 (the A2 that you were worried about directly across from the elevator lobby) . We've been in this cabin for 3 cruises and currently have it booked for 3 more. Absolutely no noise from above (I think it's under the beauty shop store) and a sunny balcony with enough of an overhang that if it rains we can still sit out. Also, we can see forward into the bridge which is fun when docking.

The ONLY problem is you have to be careful if someone is in the lobby (and someone is in a state of undress in the cabin) when opening the door.;)

Also, we love the sound of the waves hitting the ship. On Princess we always book aft cabins so we can hear the wake but on Celebrity Aqua didn't offer aft and we've found that the slightly forward cabins also have some of that beautiful "music".

[quote name=lx200gps;45377704

Also' date=' I have been browsing the available cabins via the Celebrity Web Site, and they only show four cabins at a time in any given class.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

I suggest you look for cabins using other travel agent web sites which many times show up to 15 available cabins. I'm not sure there is a site that shows ALL available cabins...there used to be, but they changed their site.

Edited by ghstudio

Welcome to Celebrity, you are going to love the difference from Princess, we have:D

Keep this in mind, there is no difference in the size of a balcony cabin on any S-Class ship, they are all 194 sq ft. Veranda, Concerige, or Aqua. What you get for your $$ with Aqua is a seperate dinning room, Blu, and acces to the Persian Gardens included in your cost. Ok, a diff pillow and shower head too:eek: and extra points in the repeat program, Capt Club.

If the price for Aqua is close to the others, book it, we have for our next Equinox cruise. You will find the way the entrance from the elevators to the cabins is designed to eliminate the noise. Very quite, and a lot better than we experienced on the Ruby in 2012.

Hope this helps, ask away!

EW

Yes, the S class spreadsheet and thread sticky at the top of this page is extremely helpful.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. I didn't know the 117 page long Cabins thread had such a useful spreadsheet in it.

We have enjoyed the A1 cabins on the hump. We really enjoy the extra large balconies and are booked into one on a upcoming cruise on the Equinox.

Apparently we are pretty sound sleepers as we have yet to be awakened by noise from above.

If we were unable to secure a cabin on the hump, we would look for one.further forward (not under the gym but the spa) to be closer to the Persian Gardens.

Welcome to Celebrity, you are going to love the difference from Princess, we have:D

Keep this in mind, there is no difference in the size of a balcony cabin on any S-Class ship, they are all 194 sq ft. Veranda, Concerige, or Aqua. What you get for your $$ with Aqua is a seperate dinning room, Blu, and acces to the Persian Gardens included in your cost. Ok, a diff pillow and shower head too:eek: and extra points in the repeat program, Capt Club.

If the price for Aqua is close to the others, book it, we have for our next Equinox cruise. You will find the way the entrance from the elevators to the cabins is designed to eliminate the noise. Very quite, and a lot better than we experienced on the Ruby in 2012.

Hope this helps, ask away!

EW

Thanks very much everyone. It seems some of my concerns are legitimate, and that there are only a subset of Aqua cabins that would be OK for us. That will make selecting a good one a bit tougher, with slightly fewer good ones to choose from. If it hadn't been for the spreadsheet and comments here, we could have ended up with an iffy cabin. I NEVER would have known some of them were obstructed by window-washing equipment, for example.

When it comes to Aqua on the Silhouette (and other S-Class ships) we prefer to book the lower cost cabins aft of the pool deck. These cabins have other cabins above (avoiding the issue of a public pool deck above) and also offer an extra deck of separation from the annoying overhang (on the pool deck) which casts a large shadow over the cabins immediately underneath.

Hank

We have booked the most forward hump Aq twice and we like it a lot. Big balcony yes you can see the window washing equipment but it wan't that annoying to us as many views were available.

The OP is taking the lovely Silouette but thought I would mention as a reminder the Solstice has a few aft AQ cabins....

I should also add that, because we're Captain's Club members , we're entitled to a free upgrade to A1 but haven't been able to find a cabin in that category that we want.

Hulamoon, didn't you hear them moving chairs above you in the morning?

I should also add that, because we're Captain's Club members , we're entitled to a free upgrade to A1 but haven't been able to find a cabin in that category that we want.

Hulamoon, didn't you hear them moving chairs above you in the morning?

No, not any noise that I recall.

We have booked the most forward hump Aq twice and we like it a lot. Big balcony yes you can see the window washing equipment but it wan't that annoying to us as many views were available.

The OP is taking the lovely Silouette but thought I would mention as a reminder the Solstice has a few aft AQ cabins....

No, not any noise that I recall.

Thanks!

Do you happen to remember the cabin number?

I could only find one cruise in September that was for 9 days, so if you are on the September 24 cruise, there are lots of good Aqua cabins available. The A-2 cabin we had on Eclipse that we loved was 1529, and it is available. It is forward and under the acupuncture rooms or changing room of the spa which is closed at night and quiet during the day. We never heard anything.

In the aft section there are 6 or 7 A-2 cabins available, including the cabin we have booked for our next two cruises, 1631. All of these aft A-2s have cabins above them.

There are also many A-1s available, but most of them are under the pool deck. Go for the A-2, save $100, and you won't have to worry about pool chairs scraping across the deck.

Happy Anniversary, and I hope you have a great cruise.

We've had 1540 on Solstice and loved the location! Booked it again on Equinox in March. I turned down the free Captain's Club upgrade, because I don't consider those cabins under the Aqua Spa and whirlpool/pool to be better. I am a light sleeper!