Change of Itinerary

ihopfar

Thanks to my roll call, I just discovered this week that our 8-night Bahamas cruise on the Grandeur has a change of itinerary. It seems the Coco Cay and Nassau days have been reversed on the rest of the sailings for this season.

No, I am not complaining. :) We don't care about the order, and in fact the port times appear to be better!! Also, it looks like we will be in port with fewer ships. Overall, a win-win situation. Not to mention the savings of fuel because I believe the ports are now ordered "in a row" instead of having to double back to get to Coco Cay after Nassau before going to Key West.

My question is: Anyone know why this change was made relatively close to sailing? I am just curious why they did not schedule it this way in the first place.

Thanks,

Brad

If you previously were going to be at Coco Cay with two ships, and now will be there by yourself, that could be the primary reason, as many people have complained about the overcrowding when there are two ships at Coco Cay. We were there with Enchantment over Thanksgiving, and the Captain recommended everyone get over as soon as possible as there would be close to 5,000 people on the island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks to my roll call, I just discovered this week that our 8-night Bahamas cruise on the Grandeur has a change of itinerary. It seems the Coco Cay and Nassau days have been reversed on the rest of the sailings for this season.

No, I am not complaining. :) We don't care about the order, and in fact the port times appear to be better!! Also, it looks like we will be in port with fewer ships. Overall, a win-win situation. Not to mention the savings of fuel because I believe the ports are now ordered "in a row" instead of having to double back to get to Coco Cay after Nassau before going to Key West.

My question is: Anyone know why this change was made relatively close to sailing? I am just curious why they did not schedule it this way in the first place.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad: We are on the same cruise as you are. Also glad about the changes. Who wants to be in Nassau until mid-night? Maybe Royal will give us a credit or money back on the fuel they will be saving. LOL

See you in March. Carol

If you previously were going to be at Coco Cay with two ships, and now will be there by yourself, that could be the primary reason, as many people have complained about the overcrowding when there are two ships at Coco Cay. We were there with Enchantment over Thanksgiving, and the Captain recommended everyone get over as soon as possible as there would be close to 5,000 people on the island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a very good point.. I am very happy we appear to be the only ones at Coco Cay! It still begs the question why they did not plan that in the first place since they should know one ship at a time is better without people complaining about the overcrowding.

Brad

Maybe Royal will give us a credit or money back on the fuel they will be saving. LOL

I would not spend any expected windfall back from Royal just yet. :D

Actually, I am wondering why they think they can get us to Coco Cay by 10:00AM if we were not supposed to get to Nassau to 1:30PM. I know it is closer, but I did not think it was that much closer. So, they might be taking the fuel they would save on switching the order of the ports and using it to go faster on the way to Coco Cay.

Brad